How many members do we have that have actually seen one?

1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

Maybe she was worried about what was following her?

It has always been my contention that Patty being somewhat thick around the middle, walking- not running- on the softer substrate, exhibiting breasts, and possessing a rather lumbering sort of gait, was all due to her possibly being pregnant. Maybe 3-4 months along. And the thought has always made me wonder about the Sasquatch birth rate. We know about Humans so is it the same? Or more like large primates or bears?

gorilla- fertile every 4 years- 2-6 offspring in a lifetime- 26% infant mortality
orangutan- fertal every 8 years- 4-5 offspring in a lifetime- 8% infant mortality
bears- fertile every 2-3 years- 10-15 offspring in a lifetime- 35% infant mortality 

Edited by hiflier

BFF Patron

Good points.   I have to think that in order to have a acceptable mortality rate, BF has to have some sort of seasonal fertility cycle.    New born infants surviving a winter in the PNW seems very unlikely.  Could be wrong or perhaps BF shelters to improve the odds.    Wish I knew.   

There has been discussion here in the past regarding a higher activity mating season from about late Summer to mid Autumn with a birthing season sometime during the Spring season March to May? That would place Patty at a pretty good place in that cycle. Sorry, fairly off topic, but had to get the thoughts out while they were rattlin' around.