How many members do we have that have actually seen one?

Midnight Owl - Incredible experience, thanks for sharing. I'm wondering if you're willing to share anything about how the landowners achieved that kind of relationship with them? Specifically, I've read my fair share of habituation accounts, but the general trend seems to be that the sasquatch put their trust in those specific people, and wouldn't necessarily extend that trust to strangers the habituators bring around. Their willingness to show themselves at that close range to you, when you had a camera on your person no less, seems like another level of trust with the landowners.

Also, there is a paranormal section down below full of open-minded, voracious readers, if you feel like sharing the "nonsense" there. I completely understand your reticence, of course.

1 hour ago, OkieFoot said:

It can be chalked up as a mystery as to what actually happened.

I have ruled out a catfish breaching. ;)

It is really easy for me to create the sound I heard...all I would have to do is pick up a rock I'd estimate to be roughly the size of a football and drop it from about 10 feet into a pool of very still and deep water.  When I do that, I will hear that sound you get when a large heavy object displaces water and then the water rushes back into the pocket of air. Anyone who has done a good can-opener off of a diving board has felt that very satisfying sensation created by that.

When I was about 11 y.o. a house was built next to mine, with a huge foundation excavation. Before they could pour the footers, we had a significant rain event and, much to the delight of me and my friends, it became a broad pond of muddy water, with plenty of excavated rocks to lob into it from atop the mounds of excavated dirt. We called it doing "Depth Charges" as we had all grown up watching WWII era submarine movies with our Dads.  We spent hours. I'm not sure we didn't back-fill that hole before we were done. Yeah, that sound.  Not a slap, or a splash. A deep, bass note.  

• Upvote 1

To expand a little bit ioyza, I had spent 2 days lurking in and around the property with a night vision scope trying to catch the subjects on video as they picked fruit off the land owners cleared orchard area.  I had totally underestimated their level of senses and intellect as many folks often do.  I reached a level of total frustration at the end of a remote logging road as a strong feeling of being watched came over me.  I did something some would find crazy, but I began to speak out loud telling whomever was watching, I was not there to hurt them.  I only wanted to see them up close.  I wanted a good look at them-not from binoculars at 150 yards peeking up from a bush as my first sighting occurred about a year or so earlier. 

I had always scanned my perimeter and trail carefully with night vision when I made my entry into the woods.  I had no time or desire to be pranked with by a joking human.  The chances of being followed by another person without me knowing it may not have been impossible, but highly unlikely from the steps I took pausing out of sight to see if someone came along behind me.  I did this several times until I was deep in the woods.

The following night, I was again hidden when I saw movement and something approaching my position with my night vision.  It was the land owner!!!  They walked right up to me!!  I exclaimed "HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS HERE!?"  They calmly replied "They told me...do you want to go see them?" 

I won't go into much more here because I'm sure many think this is a fabrication and that's okay with me.  It was hard for me to believe it at that time, but my analytical mind immediately realized what were the chances of my position being identified by the land owner who did not have night vision.  Slim to none!  Secondly, again I am certain no other human person heard me at the end of the logging road, yet the question I was asked by another third party was a reply to my previous statement the night before.  What are those chances?  Again slim to none.

I have attached a short night vision video clip I shot the night before standing in the land owners orchard.  The Squatches would come into from the parting of the trees I was focusing on.  I don't know what the flickering light is.  You can hear my breathing, the thump thump of traffic going over a low water bridge about a mile away and the other night life sounds.  I didn't hear it at the time, but a distinctly female voice begins chanting a phrase in what I believe is the Choctaw tongue.  You will need earphones to hear it, but at the 15 second mark you will hear Nanni-hoish kaynay!  It seems to be a third party warning to another.  Again, I was not aware of anyone close to me.  If they knew I was there, they had to have excellent night vision too.  I may share more on the paranormal side of this blog later.  

Nanni.AVI

• Upvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 4:05 PM, MIB said:

From my perspective, those are wrong questions because they includes terms that have implied value judgements I'm not sure are appropriate.   They're fundamentally anthropomorphic.  

I didn't call my cat ugly because it didn't look human.   It was a cat.   "Ugly" brings implications of such great similarity that the slight differences become unsettling.   I did not find either bigfoot I saw "ugly" but neither were they exactly, precisely, identically human either.   They just were what they were.  

"Scary looking" doesn't compute unless you're talking about a dog with very large teeth or a bear with very big claws.  "Scary" is a behavior, not an appearance .. at least for me.   "Scary looking" means, to me, the person offering the description is fundamentally a fearful person who is looking for a way to rationalize their fear rather than deal with it.    "Friendly appearing" is much the same ... it's an interpretation of behavior, not how the thing truly looks.    A nice open smile may actually be the baring of teeth ... a warning of great aggression to come.   

Sometimes it is easier to deal with wider differences where you KNOW there are differences rather than greater similarity where you can stumble into the pitfall of assuming similarity that isn't truly there.

I don't know if this makes any sense at all or if it is just a reflection of an internal dialog I'm having.   If it makes no sense, I apologize for subjecting you to me talking to myself.  :)

MIB

I should explain my comments MIB. A theory about BFs has come to my attention. There could be two types of BFs that may be different genetically. They may be similar but different as a Black Bear and a Brown Bear are different. One is very smart, and has no desire to harm humans and may not feed on animals. They may have more of a human appearance and show no aggressive  behaviors.

The other is the opposite and possibly very territorial and does harm to humans that enters their territory. This kind creates a horrific encounter. The dogman is not in this context.

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:41 PM, Midnight Owl said:

I was expecting this since the land owner interacted with these subjects and had their trust.  Even then, it was something I will NEVER forget!  With that said, my heart goes out to those who never believed then by chance they stumble onto one of these subjects face to face!!  I'm sure there are some with deep emotional scars that may haunt them for life!

As part of the agreement for this close meeting, I was told by the land owner, they do not like cameras or anything you put up to close your face so I never intended on taking photos.  Besides, staring at this hulking 10 footer in the dim 3/4 moon light that looked huge and massive, was not something I dared to **** off. 

How did the land owner become such friends with the BFs?

Did the BFs have human characteristics or were they really primitive looking?

I can't say what you heard when a you heard a loud splash in the water but being a bass fisherman . I can say I've done my share of summer night fishing 

and have encountered many many beavers at night . On a still calm night a tail slap can sound like a rock just landed in the water .

Just turn your head away at about the minute mark and imagine being on the water  or standing next to it on  a calm windless night and not expecting this.

https://youtu.be/ilshIOWOuls

I'm only writing this because I've heard 100's of tail slaps at night over 40 or so  years of bass fishing . Mostly from my boat but some while shore fishing.

4 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

I've had bejesus scared out of me from unseen, nearby beavers!

One night I had a large male so pissed off at me because I wouldn't leave his area. It actually came so close to my boat the tail slap splashed  me with water .

He wanted me out.  :) but yeah it will scare you when you're not expecting it thinking you are the only boat  on the water at night fishing alone.

Come to think of it you know another thing that will startle you right before dawn ? Is a 20 or 30  pound carp jumping out of the water behind your boat.

Unless you have spent some time on the water many don't know this but even in small  ponds carps can grow huge and they jump like crazy sometimes

out of the water . 

7.62.... I will go you one better on the p.o.’d beaver scale, and that was when my friend drove a frog gig into the back of one on a night when we were trolling for turtle trap bait in his john boat. Talk about all hell breaking loose!

Holy cow , lol  that is one animal I wouldn't want that p.o'd next to my boat trying to set free. Some people think beavers are small cuddly critters but in reality adult beavers

are large some weighing well over 50 pounds.

16 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

I've had bejesus scared out of me from unseen, nearby beavers!

Likewise.  However, the tail slap is truly unlike a rock splash.    One is a surface slap which can have quite a loud pop at times but it does not have the deep water / displacement effect of a rock, especially a large rock.

MIB

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, MIB said:

Likewise.  However, the tail slap is truly unlike a rock splash.    One is a surface slap which can have quite a loud pop at times but it does not have the deep water / displacement effect of a rock, especially a large rock.

MIB

A diving osprey, on the other hand.......

15 minutes ago, MIB said:

MIB

I disagree , on a dark lake it can very easily be mistaken for a rock.

That's why it's always easier to tell the difference if you hear the noise   twice . Your minds not really ready for it so most times it just surprises or  startles you.

If  you are in a boat in deep water and a rock makes it out that far then you'll hear the kind of noise you describe  but close to  shore unless the pond or lake drops off under water like a cliff most rocks thrown never reach deep water .

Edited by 7.62

19 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

A diving osprey, on the other hand.......

No, not that, either.   

MIB 

On 10/4/2017 at 2:41 PM, Midnight Owl said:

I was told by the land owner, they do not like cameras or anything you put up to close your face so I never intended on taking photos.

MidnightOwl,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Can you please elaborate on why the BF's do not like cameras. 

Have they told the property owner on reasons why or no explanations given?

The statement that BFs do not like cameras is common about habituators and is taken as a given, but if these creatures are conscious beings, rational, and communicating with the property owner (per your description above), then they should be able to give a reason for their desire to stay hidden and unknown.  In BFF, plenty of people have provided their opinions on potential reasons, but I will like to know what they say.