Sign in to follow this  
WSA

Randolph County, WVA photo

WSA

Doubt any hoaxer would deliberately or on accident create a 4-toed track.

Skeptics are proven fugitives from the laws of probability. To them, hoaxers are either omnipotent, or can't count to five. 

OntarioSquatch

There’s a history of fake three and four toed tracks and casts within cryptozoology. In this case, the guy didn’t get the 5 toed one right either

For reference, here’s a couple that are probably legitimate

4XEBUKp_d.jpg

Grays Harbour County Washington, 1982

W2JcalM_d.jpg

Bluff Creek, 1963

Edited by OntarioSquatch

WSA

Ummm...there are THOUSANDS that have no reasonable, rational or probable other explanation. Then there a couple of hoaxes that always seem to suck-air out of honest discussion. 

Edited by WSA
  • Upvote 1

MIB

They say one "oh sh*t" outweighs a thousand "atta boy"s.   Same thing here.   It seems a single hoax causes people to entirely disregard hundreds of thousands of reports that cannot be shown to be hoaxes.   :(  

MIB

OntarioSquatch

WSA claims that a hoaxer probably wouldn’t create a four toed cast. My response was that we have a history of hoaxers creating four toed casts. Below that I posted two casts that I believe are likely legitimate, and useful for comparing to the casts in the WV report

There are different aspects of the report that need to be considered here:

- Highly improbable casts

- The total number of different individuals that supposedly created all the tracks

- Fishy picture and the lack of details on it

Altogether, I would say it’s most likely a hoax

Edited by OntarioSquatch

JustCurious
16 hours ago, OldMort said:

Yeah, but its only one area of the snow, not all of it.

"With JPEG images, the entire picture should be at roughly the same level. If a section of the image is at a significantly different error level, then it likely indicates a digital modification."

Interesting picture though, and a fun program to play around with...

But it covers the two major areas of nothing but snow.  I used the program on another picture of pure white and it did the same thing.  Here is that picture:

yourenext.jpg

OldMort

Yes, you are right, it does say; "Regions with uniform coloring, like a solid blue sky or a, white wall will likely have a lower ELA result (darker color) than high-contrast edges."

Its too bad he only took one picture...:) 

Sign in to follow this