Redbone

A Place To Share Audio Files

gigantor

It sounds like a sage grouse. 

hiflier
On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:57 PM, Redbone said:

It took us two days to figure out how to make a rock as warm as the ones that were thrown our way (armpit). Trying to hold them in your hands cannot do it......

......The warmth of the rock tells me they are carrying them (hopefully not in armpits) and tossing them when the time is right. In our situation they were not just picking them up on the spot. They are armed and ready

No doubt you have hung onto those rocks? They might be good candidates for some e-DNA testing?

Redbone
25 minutes ago, hiflier said:

No doubt you have hung onto those rocks? They might be good candidates for some e-DNA testing?

I have three of them. The rest are distributed among the other people in my group. We did bag one without touching it but were unable to get temp from it inside the bag with the FLIR so we took it back out.

All have been handled extensively (contaminated) and I have no money for DNA testing anyway.

These two are from 2017. The little one actually hit me in 'the' place where I'd prefer not to be hit by rocks. Happy that the rock was so small...

Rocks.jpg.3f4a460cce2bb5046c26c7c219a67a75.jpg

hiflier

Thanks, it was just a thought. The fact that the rocks were so warm is highly intriguing. To even think to test for temperature is genius, R-man. I will bet you were surprised they were so warm to the touch, eh? I sure would have been!

Redbone
2 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Thanks, it was just a thought. The fact that the rocks were so warm is highly intriguing. To even think to test for temperature is genius, R-man. I will bet you were surprised they were so warm to the touch, eh? I sure would have been!

hah... no thinking was involved. I picked up a rock after it had been thrown on the bridge and it was warm. We spent the next few days wondering how and why it was warm. We can only speculate, but it tells me the rock had been held, just waiting for the right time to throw it.  These excursions always seem to leave more questions than answers. I think whoever or whatever is interacting with us a lot of times is just showing off how sneaky they can really be.

The incident in this clip has me totally baffled...

Just prior, we sent two team members down below the bridge  thinking they heard something. Before they went down, we lit up every part of the area under the bridge with bright flashlights at all corners. If something fled, we wanted to see it.

They go down, and find nothing. Looked around for tracks a little bit and only found ours. As they came back up we shut down the flashlights. At this point a stick comes in where the guys are coming back up and we hear splashes, like something running in the water. I was on the far end of the bridge away from this so I heard none of it, but my recorder was there to catch it. IF something was in the water we should have seen it while we had the whole area lit up.

JKH
12 hours ago, gigantor said:

It sounds like a sage grouse.

No grouse here, also about 1 am. Just something odd that has also been reported by others who do audio, IIRC.

hiflier

Redbone, if the databases show what I think they show then this could very well be Sasquatch's mating season?

MIB
9 minutes ago, hiflier said:

then this could very well be Sasquatch's mating season?

Not here .. here, data suggests it is Aug 15 to Sept 15, a bell curve centered about Sept 1.    Since there is no secondary bump, I think they have a very near 1 year gestation period and the same annual gathering facilitates 2 functions, both mating and giving birth.    (I expect it 2-3 weeks earlier but the empirical data isn't cooperating with the theory.)

• Upvote 1

hiflier

The idea of a mating and birthing season is a seductive one to be sure. A creature living in the wild would make use of the seasonal aspects where offspring is concerned. It seems to naturally make sense as a cycle whether BFs are closer to animal or not. Even Humans have the tradition of June weddings followed by Spring births even though weddings year round now are common.