Did Nothing

joebeelart

6 hours ago, gigantor said:

Sometimes, you have to apply Occam's Razor and discard "exotic" explanations.

Unless I am misunderstanding you, or Occam's Razor, wouldn't hypothesizing that they are supernatural beings with telepathic qualities....be completely against Occam's Razor and what you believe they are?

2 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Who cares what science demands. What scientific groups have been spectacularly and continuously funded to go out and find BF?  When that occurs then science can demand it.

Saying what science demands is like saying that a 650lb fat guy demands food even though he will never leave his bed to go out and earn the money to pay for it nor go out and physically get the food himself. It must be delivered to him without him ever lifting a finger..

Give me a break. Science can go pound salt. Period.

You talk as if science is a single person.

Its the guiding principle we all live by......

Scientific verification is there for a reason, without it we would still be consulting chicken bones or stars for important decisions. Or maybe throwing someone in a volcano to appease it.

You can slam science all you want but your world would be radically different without it.

I think the no kill club has a lot of misanthropy going on. Its interesting....

Admin
1 hour ago, NatFoot said:

Unless I am misunderstanding you, or Occam's Razor, wouldn't hypothesizing that they are supernatural beings with telepathic qualities....be completely against Occam's Razor and what you believe they are?

Occam's razor is the idea that the simplest explanation of a phenomena is usually the correct one.

The simplest explanation Is that Bigfoot is flesh and blood and an animal. No telepathy, interdimensional UFO traveling aliens, Etc.

• Upvote 2

Guest OntarioSquatch

The average scientist’s use of Occum's razor would determine that sasquatch don’t exist at all. Basically, if the situation you’re dealing with with is clearly complex (like it is with Bigfoot and UFOs) then there’s a good chance that Occum’s razor will get it wrong

http://scienceblogs.com/developingintelligence/2007/05/14/why-the-simplest-theory-is-alm/

Setting UFOs completely aside because a civilization millions of years ahead of our own isnt even worth speculating.....

Bigfoot is a living breathing biological entity. This isnt physics dealing with sub atomic particles.

Its simple.

Does a large hairy primate inhabit the forests of north America? And if so? Where is the physical evidence? 

Guest OntarioSquatch

Looking on the previous page, it seems the original issue was the morals of collecting a type specimen. Understandably, there are a lot of people on both sides. The problem is that both sides can keep debating this without any resolution whatsoever. 

It’s the same issue with the debate over what Sasquatch are and whether or not they’re endangered; you’re unlikely to make an argument that’ll change anyone’s opinion, but in this case it’s for different reasons. If sasquatch are something out of the ordinary and are not endangered, then given everything else, the support of such theories would be very challenging and controversial.

On 9/30/2017 at 10:10 AM, norseman said:

I think the no kill club has a lot of misanthropy going on. Its interesting....

Edited by wiiawiwb

SSR Team
On 9/29/2017 at 3:25 AM, gigantor said:

I guess letting them think they can come and raid your camp without a nasty reaction could be a good thing if played correctly.

Let them come again and again, maybe leave a few goodies...

Then when the time is right, wham!  a type specimen...  its worth a try.

Yeah if it's gonna be done, this is the way it will be done..

No doubt in my mind, irrespective of what anyone thinks the moral right or wrongs are..

Edited by BobbyO

On 9/28/2017 at 1:33 PM, joebeelart said:

So, what should we have done? 

I might have shined a light around the area to see what was there, if I had woke up. I like your story its in a likely area for Bigfoot for sure. I won't try and use science or anything else to explain why or why not Bigfoot. The way you described the story it sounds like so many times I've been visited by raccoons and bears at night while camping in the PNW forests. Some times I've had to wait quietly with flash light in hand to catch the night invaders. I can't even imagine the terror I would feel if I lit up an eight foot hairy beast eating my goodies. Thanks for sharing. . 

Edited by daveedoe

On 9/29/2017 at 2:45 AM, gigantor said:

It's a matter of what each one of us want the end-game to be, I think.

Some want the mystery to last forever, they are enamored with it, It's like the never ending story. Some want to remain the privileged few who have seen or interacted with a BF, and selfishly hold on to that position for fame, glory or bragging rights, regardless of the cost to the population as a whole in the long term. The fact is that their habitat is getting smaller every day, the longer the species is unrecognized, the greater it's risk of extinction (if it hasn't occurred already). Some are in between.

Some of us want the species to be accepted by science so they can be protected legally under the full weight of the law; unfortunately, that requires a type specimen. Many species have been saved once they are recognized as endangered under the law.

It's for the good of the species, one subject to protect a whole population under the law forever. Think about it.

I submit to you that my position is morally superior to the alternatives. It is the right thing to do.

I just can't imagine how you could squeeze the trigger on one if they do in fact appear as human as the PGF . I would like to say I'm no pacifist by any stretch of the imagination having served in the Marine Corps among other things in my life. But it's not a deer or an elk you have in your sights . It's a human like appearing creature walking as you do upright.

It's shaped like you with arms , legs and eyes that by many accounts show intelligence by a sentient being .

For my self it would have to be only a life threatening encounter where I would use a weapon .  I do want to stress the fact if they  do appear as the PGF .

I believe if you  did squeeze the trigger on one after standing over the body . That event  would haunt your mind the rest of your life and you would wish you could take that second 

of your life back and do something different .

• Upvote 2

BFF Patron

Is that legal protection under the full weight of the law as was implemented by the US Government with the Native Americans?    Ask the Native Americans how that all worked out!     BF would be far better off if they are an animal.   They could be protected under the endangered species act and left alone.    If found to be a humanoid, or human hybrid,  they would fare less well.      In order to  provide the services that would be thrust on them by the government, wanted or not,   they would have to be pacified as we did with the Native Americans.    That would not go well with the BF as it did not go well with the NA.   I see Manifest Destiny all over again,  when the Government realizes that these indigenous BF peoples have rights to land already stolen from them.    Even though the National Forests are theoretically owned by the people of the United States,   just try to do something on "your land" not permitted by the Forest Service.    I have yet to see a BF lined up on a sportings good store purchasing a deer tag for the right to hunt on their own land like us humans do.  Attempts to enforce our laws on them will be met with violent resistance.     And that will be met with armed human law enforcers.   Innocents on both sides will die and law enforcement will come down hard.   I can see it all spiraling out of control,   into a war between different species.     I hate to give the government credit for much as most of what they do is messed up,   but perhaps smart people have already figured out that the best thing for bigfoot is  simply to pretend they do not exist.   I think that the best route to take for their benefit.   

• Upvote 3

I'll second what 7.62 just said.  It's not another hunting object fallen prey to the the high-powered rifle. You're not going to skin it and put it in front of the fireplace or on the wall. Nor will you have the local taxidermist do a head or shoulder mount.

How anyone could look at another human or near-human and pull the trigger is beyond me. Those who can either have something I don't or lack something I do.

• Upvote 3

Guest OntarioSquatch

The NAWAC (a group that’s actually trying to hunt one) regularly reaffirms that these aren’t human beings, and that any legitimate DNA sample that’s been analyzed must have been contaminated. They’re also motivated by the idea of getting species recognition for conservation.

Interestingly, there was a successful shooting very close to that same area in January of 2000 by a local resident. In this case, the guy’s family was harassed so badly on a regular basis that he felt justified in killing one with a rifle as it was running away towards the woods.

None of these people are what I would call ruthless or heartless. The difference between you and them is that they have their beliefs set in a way that allows them to shoot one without feeling guilt or sorrow.

BFF Patron

If one was shot and killed in 2000 where did the body go?   

Guest OntarioSquatch

It was reportedly picked up and taken away by another individual which came out of the same woodline. The only thing left of the body was a large amount of blood which was identified in the morning.

11 years later there was another shooting incident in that area, and this one involved the NAWAC’s Daryl Colyer, who fired at one with a shotgun as it started running into the woods. In this case, the individual supposedly got away alive.

• gigantor unlocked this topic