Did Nothing

joebeelart

BFF Patron

Davee looking at your fears seems like you have had experiences to form them.        I have never much been afraid of bears (the black variety) because the ones I have encountered,  one of those at a very close range, seemed as afraid of me as I was of them.   Grizzly are a different story based entirely on the anecdotal reports of others who have had encounters or worse.     Anything that periodically chews up Park Rangers is not to be taken lightly.    I was not afraid of cougars as all the sightings I have heard reported the cougar took off or moved away when you had one of the rare sightings.   .     My first cougar encounter changed that,  as it jumped off a cliff and confronted me face to face.    Now I am afraid of what they might do and the total silence preceding an attack.     I came into my first BF encounter with the Harry and the Henderson version expected.     Survived that and was hopeful that it would continue.     But the encounters got more and more unfriendly.   And the fear on my part increased correspondingly and peaked when I was zapped.   It took a couple of weeks before I wanted to get back into the field.       The Cuban Embassy thing sure seems like the Cubans were using infra-sound on the US Staff.    Dangerous stuff.     Anyway sure seems like our fear,   or lack of it,    is based on experiences we have along the way.     And for sure that can change any time along the way. 

• Upvote 1

Hello Daveedoe:  Let me know late spring so we can plan something; will try to accommodate any issues.  Also, I love to see mountain goats, but never have camped where they can become night company.  Must be great ! 

• Upvote 1

• gigantor unlocked this topic