xspider1

The 50th Anniversary of the amazing Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot film has arrived and there is no debunk in sight! 8 )

Bill

xspider1:

I was thinking about starting a thread on the 50th anniversary, but you beat me to it. 

My best wishes to the lady, wherever she may be, on this anniversary of the fateful day she met Roger and Bob. Hopefully one day the world will appreciate how special she is and how special and amazing was the day and the filming. Bottom line, she's real, and one day the biological and anthropological sciences will have to come to terms with her. But until then, my thoughts are with her.

Bill

• Upvote 3

Backdoc

I would suggest people go outside about 1 or 1:30pm today and just notice the type of lighting the sun provides. More specifically, the lack of Glare.   In mid day in June the sun is bright and might make it harder due to glare to see things.  An Oct 20th midday sun is at such an angle where you get bright light that warms the colors.  The light provides a very vivid look at whatever a person is looking at for the most part.

Under these more ideal conditions, it would seem it would be a lot harder to hide suit flaws.  This is esp true at fairly close range and in an open grey-soiled creek bed devoid of most places for the subject to hide.

Consider today of all days the day one can test the effect and clarity of an Oct 20th sunlight.

We had a past poster who would try to cover for Bob Heironimus in his Bluff Creek soils was 'white as snow' comments.  In order to cover he claimed he remembers marching in blinding sun in some field in the military and the sunlight made it seem blinding white.  He reasoned it should be easy then to think of the soil being 'white as snow' at bluff creek.   However, when I Q him what time of the year this was he mostly confessed his march in his example happened in the summer and not in mid to late October (Fall).

Look today.  If you were trying to create a hoax -one requiring hiding suit flaws- you would not do it:

1- at under 120 feet away

2- use some of the best film money could buy at the time

3- make sure the most stable point of the film (the part least shaky) was in fact when you are closest to the suit/ walker

4- Do it at a time of year where the sunlight gives a warm glow and crisp light to what you are filming vs a white glare of summer.

Extra Credit:  When they ask you what the color of the soil and you claim you had camped there and got up and had coffee and later jumped down a hole so you didn't get shot in the butt (after filming your hoax), you might want to realize you would remember the color of that soil.  You had been around it for nearly a whole day.  White as snow?  Nope.

Edited by Backdoc
  • Upvote 1

OkieFoot

Now we can say "It's been 50 years" instead of "nearly 50 years" or "almost 50 years".

It's been 50 years and still no logical proof of a hoax.

I wonder if there could be any Bigfoot alive and well today with Patty's genes in them?

• Upvote 1

PBeaton

She still fascinates me to no end. Roger Patterson an Bob Gimlin, I thank you. 

To 50 yrs...:drinks:

Image result for  pgf bigfoot gif

• Upvote 2

SweatyYeti

^

Still walking strong, I see....good buddy.....50 years later!  :drinks:   

Roger Patterson deserves some special attention, today. After all.....'real' or 'hoax'.....it is one SPECIAL piece of film footage.

Roger_Patterson1.jpg

Patty_Body_Contour1.jpg

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Upvote 4

xspider1

^ Thanks for the link, Pat.  I would very much like to be at the PGF Anniversary Conference and Celebration!  Hopefully they can post the speaker presentations online at some point.  It's fascinating to me that people like John Mionczynski and Bob Strain have experiences so compelling that they then devote decades following up.  Many of us are there in spirit I'm sure!    :thumbsup:

bestevidence1.jpg

• Upvote 1

OkieFoot

Came across this a day late .I don't guarantee I did everything correctly so the link may not work. It happens to show a color version of the Patty sequence that Pat posted a few posts above. (the fall background color shows up)

The title they gave it was "Happy 50th anniversary to the most famous non-human bipedal primate of all time. Let's raise a glass to our girl Patty!"

Sweaty, it was good of you to mention Roger; after all, he's the one that made the film.

http://www.relativelyinteresting.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/bigfoot-patterson-gimlin-footage-stabilized.gif

• Upvote 3

xspider1

That link works great, OkieFoot, thanks!  Roger P. and Bob G. definitely both earned a very special appreciation from all Bigfoot proponents.  What they were able to accomplish remains just as awesome today as it was 1/2 century ago!  :rolleyes:

Edited by xspider1

SweatyYeti
15 hours ago, OkieFoot said:

Came across this a day late .I don't guarantee I did everything correctly so the link may not work. It happens to show a color version of the Patty sequence that Pat posted a few posts above. (the fall background color shows up)

The title they gave it was "Happy 50th anniversary to the most famous non-human bipedal primate of all time. Let's raise a glass to our girl Patty!"

Sweaty, it was good of you to mention Roger; after all, he's the one that made the film.

http://www.relativelyinteresting.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/bigfoot-patterson-gimlin-footage-stabilized.gif

Thanks, Okie. :)   

In addition to the filmed subject.....the film-maker also deserves special attention/remembrance, on a 50th Anniversary.  

Patterson-Gimlin
On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:10 PM, SweatyYeti said:

^

Still walking strong, I see....good buddy.....50 years later!  :drinks:   

Roger Patterson deserves some special attention, today. After all.....'real' or 'hoax'.....it is one SPECIAL piece of film footage.

Roger_Patterson1.jpg

Patty_Body_Contour1.jpg

Well said. As an admirer of the film but not a believer in the creature . I salute their efforts of keeping the interest in the subject

PBeaton

1980squatch,

I listened to the radio show, wow !  Just got off the phone with Bob, he was sorry things worked out the way they did. I did not ask him the specifics, as I didn't want ta get in the middle an put Bob on the spot. Clearly he was sorry things worked out the way they did.

Pat... 

• Upvote 1

xspider1

Wow indeed  : |.  Bob Gimlin has always impressed me as a nice and honest person.  I'm shocked that anyone would invite those guys to an event like that and then mess it all up!  Very sad. : |.   Thank-you for the film, Bob G!  Hang in there, sorry about the ^@*&!  bs.  It'll get better!  8 )

Edited by xspider1