xspider1

The 50th Anniversary of the amazing Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot film has arrived and there is no debunk in sight! 8 )

SweatyYeti
9 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Well said. As an admirer of the film but not a believer in the creature . I salute their efforts of keeping the interest in the subject

Thanks, PG. :) 

Roger....and Bob....deserve a ton of credit, and respect...for producing such an interesting, and impressive film. 

I'm really sad/shocked to hear what happened at the 50th Anniversary celebration. That is a real shame. I'm just finding out the details about it.....but it sounds like some Egos, and money, were the main culprits behind the trouble. 

Just thinking.....maybe someone should organize another 50th Anniversary event....perhaps at Salt Fork State Park, in Ohio.....and give it another try. :) 

OkieFoot

This is mind boggling. How do you have a 50th Anniversary Conference and Celebration of the Patterson-Gimlin Film and the only person still living today that was present when the film was made is at the Conference and isn't even allowed to speak.

• Upvote 1

hiflier

It does sound like something else might be going on there. Is or was Bob ill? Highly emotional? Angry? Were his friends/associates being protective? There are questions that do arise, my friends and it doesn't seem that Bob would not speak simply because someone told him not to. If anyone knew the significance of the day it would be him. Sorry, my suspicious nature has once again reared it's ugly head but I cannot help but wonder why the most important figure at a most important event did not address the attendees. And just because someone said not to makes no sense whatsoever.

Squatchy McSquatch

They should've tried using a fake Gimlin.

Like Roger did way back in the day.

• Upvote 2

PBeaton

I told Bob there are plenty of folks here at the BFF that thanked him an are grateful he an Roger got lucky that day, he said to thank everyone here, that he appreciated the kind words/thoughts.

• Upvote 4

hiflier
57 minutes ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

They should've tried using a fake Gimlin.

Like Roger did way back in the day.

Roger used a fake Gimlin? IDK, Squatchy, he looked pretty real to me. And I'm sure Bob Hieronumus would.ve been too tall to fit inside a Gimlin suit ;) 

1980squatch

Honoring Bob and celebrating the 50th anniversary of the PGF.  That sounds like the easiest thing the BF community would ever try to do.  Everyone would set aside their differences for that.  I could not believe what I was hearing on that podcast.  Only the level of disfunction that exists in the community could pull off a screwup of this magnitude.

My rough take is that the organizers (Mark and Tom I think) were not happy with Bob showing up under contract with Russ, including filming restrictions.  Probably understandable, but it seems they really overreacted IMHO.  It is not a run of the mill conference, it is a special event, complete it honorably and take up any concerns with Russ on the side.

Very ugly, what a shame.

• Upvote 1

Squatchy McSquatch
1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Roger used a fake Gimlin? IDK, Squatchy, he looked pretty real to me. And I'm sure Bob Hieronumus would.ve been too tall to fit inside a Gimlin suit ;) 

Brush up on the history of the PGF dude. Patterson had a fake Gimlin on tour with him. 

It is fact.

Even Bob Gimlin acknowledges it.

hiflier

Lighten up a bit there, my friend, I tried to install a joke related to the PGF.

Bigfoothunter

I am glad that I didn't go down there. I will stick to my own research in the bush so not to be included in the childish behavior that went on with some of those folks. I know that John Green would not have enjoyed hearing about what went on, but would not have been surprised if he had.

Edited by Bigfoothunter

Squatchy McSquatch
1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Lighten up a bit there, my friend, I tried to install a joke related to the PGF.

Point taken.

It truly is a shame they kept Gimlin from speaking. For the man himself, and for the folks who paid good bucks to attend.

Maybe it was a contract thing, maybe it was for more self-serving purposes.

Whatever the reason, it was a slap in the face to Bigfootery and to the memory of the Patterson-Gimlin Film.

• Upvote 2

hiflier

Yes, I agree. For whatever the reasoning, contractual or otherwise, it was an important milestone time-wise and so yeah, you're right, it truly was a shame. Especially since folks didn't seem to think to get whatever the matter was ironed out ahead of time. Many of us have seen the date coming for a long time. I worked like the devil to get my book uploaded to Amazon for October 20, 2016! A year ahead of time. So this whole thing cames across as very strange regardless of the reason.

And BTW, I have always enjoyed our exchanges for what it's worth, Your are smart, articulate...........a bit of a broken record at times LOL, but I never go away thinking anything off about you. AND you're still here so that's says something. Just being on this thread says a lot. Good for you.

Edited by hiflier

Bigfoothunter

^^

Interesting to hear how some people claim to love another person enough to want to look out for them for a fee. Think about it!

17.png

LeafTalker

I don't know that Russell Acord is getting paid for what he does for Bob Gimlin. If you listen to the interview Gimlin gave Wes Germer, you find out that Acord has put up a lot of money for their projects so far; he's losing money, not making any. 

But I agree, it's important to choose your business partners wisely, and it's not always easy to find honest, trustworthy people to work with. 

• Upvote 1