xspider1

The 50th Anniversary of the amazing Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot film has arrived and there is no debunk in sight! 8 )

Bigfoothunter
On 10/31/2017 at 4:12 PM, LeafTalker said:

I don't know that Russell Acord is getting paid for what he does for Bob Gimlin. If you listen to the interview Gimlin gave Wes Germer, you find out that Acord has put up a lot of money for their projects so far; he's losing money, not making any. 

But I agree, it's important to choose your business partners wisely, and it's not always easy to find honest, trustworthy people to work with. 

I have been told that Acord takes 80%, but that is up to Gimlin if that is what he wants to do. I have never publicly declared this before, but I can say that I have never charged a red cent for helping my fellow Bigfoot friends. When Dahinden was sick - I spent my own money on medicine to try and help him with his battle with cancer. When Green needed someone to step up when he didn't seem to have anyone else - I was there for him and his wife. Those in this field who were close to these guys know these things because they witnessed them. I won't deny Acord a business deal with whom ever he chooses, I hope his fee was to just cover his expenses. It never felt right for me to charge those for things I did out of love and respect for that person. A smile and a thank you meant more to me that any fee I could have requested.

Edited by Bigfoothunter
  • Upvote 2

Twist

That’s very big of you BFH, a helping hand that only accepts a thank you goes a long way when people need the help. It probably meant more to them than they could convey.  

• Upvote 1

dmaker
5 hours ago, Bigfoothunter said:

I have been told that Acord takes 80%, but that is up to Gimlin if that is what he wants to do. I have never publicly declared this before, but I can say that I have never charged a red cent for helping my fellow Bigfoot friends. When Dahinden was sick - I spent my own money on medicine to try and help him with his battle with cancer. When Green needed someone to step up when he didn't seem to have anyone else - I was there for him and his wife. Those in this field who were close to these guys know these things because they witnessed them. I won't deny Acord a business deal with whom ever he chooses, I hope his fee was to just cover his expenses. It never felt right for me to charge those for things I did out of love and respect for that person. A smile and a thank you meant more to me that any fee I could have requested.

Your selfless aid to fellow bigfooters is praise worthy, no doubt. But you don't mind making a buck or two off of the bigfoot legend, now do you? How much do you charge for a tour of "bigfoot country" in your guided tours? Bigfoot country tours, I might add, that feature zero bigfoots to date. Before you answer with something about it's just a wilderness tour, then why don't you just call it "BC Wilderness Tours"? Obviously you are leaning on the legend to attract customers. 

Do you offer a sign, or comment in a pamphlet perhaps, that says zero bigfoots seen to date? I don't suppose you do, do you?

Nevermind, I looked it up. It seems you make upwards of $260 per tour. 

http://www.sasquatchcountryadventures.com/Rates-Schedules.html

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 1

xspider1

^ And that drivel pertains to the PG film how, dmaker?  Helping people whenever we can is very admirable.  Trying to demean anyone who is making an honest (and moderate) living, is weak.  People want to tour Bigfoot country, some with a guide, and they have fun doing that.  I'm pretty sure they are not promised a sighting, or lunch with the Big Guy.  ;)

• Upvote 1

hiflier

It DOES say "Sasquatch COUNTRY Tours" Not "Sasquatch Nabbing Tours". Read the testimonials, these people that sign up for these tours love it. They are having fun, getting to be in the beautiful outdoors with good story tellers who pay attention to the kids and are humorous as well. Folks are not misled and, from what I can tell from the correspondences, many want to go back. It's safe for them and who's to say that it's as close to nature and the wilderness as they normally might get. I do not see a downside to this at all. It's not a Sasquatch Tour it's a tour in Sasquatch country that has a history of sightings reports. Big difference and no where on the website does it say come see the Sasquatches. OTHER people offer to take folks out to actually MEET Sasquatches but not these guys.  

So, don't be such a stick in the mud. In fact, it sounds more like you need something to do so how about starting up some tours of your own? There have been sightings in your neck of the woods after all. Call it "Bigfoot COUNTRY Tours". You might even actually enjoy doing it. Of course I'm sure that the expense of starting such an enterprise up with vehicles, tour guides, insurance, and all the rest of such things will generate an overhead so even if it turns out that you really enjoy the effort there will be bills to pay. Charge a $100 a head and you'll probably break even and maybe own the vehicles outright in about five years. Quit your day job, night job, or whatever it is you do and go have some fun out there in nature. But if you cannot be humorous, be able to tell stories, and do not like children and people who are interested in the experience then it's probably not for you.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 2

xspider1

^ Very nice post, hiflier.  8  )  I would not go out with any guide who guaranteed a Bigfoot sighting or an encounter (nor would I go with dmaker, lol!  8 )~, but I would go on a tour with BFH if I could.  The Bigfoot distractions don't make any sense to me because there are plenty of very real things still unknown to most.   :good: 

hiflier

Thank you xspider1 :) And since his thread is...."The 50th Anniversary of the amazing Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot film has arrived and there is no debunk in sight! 8 )" well since there's been no debunk who's to say that those guys don't ride around with Sasquatches all day until the guests arrive LOL. I'm not saying there are Sasquatches in their area and I'm not saying there aren't. The region has a long history of reports so........

And yeah, I'd go out on one of their tours. My trip this year took me West but not into their territory. Next year I plan on getting up that way though. Just might have to jump in one of their buggies with my spouse with some cameras around our necks. And also the group sounds pretty entertaining from what I've read in the website's testimonials. At  least it doesn't sound like they go out of their way to scare the kids who seem to really enjoy themselves aaaaaaaaand they get footprint casts to boot. What a blast it must be for them- our future researchers!

And not back to our regularly scheduled program which is.......ahem.......no debunk after 50 years.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

Starling
1 hour ago, hiflier said:

And not back to our regularly scheduled program which is.......ahem.......no debunk after 50 years.

You talk as if this somehow makes the film unique. There are hundreds of hoaxes you could argue have remained undebunked down through the years. Here's just a few...

Adamski's saucer photos. In fact any number of alleged nuts and bolt craft snapped over the last fifty years.

The infamous alien autopsy footage (the perpetrators now admit it was a hoax but claim the film still contains elements of original Roswell alien footage).

The John Titor time traveller internet hoax. Constructed in such a manner that the claims are essentially UNfalsifiable.

The moon landing hoax. This piece of nonsense is itself a hoax, complicated enough that there are still plenty of suckers stupid enough to think America did not land on the moon despite overwhelming evidence otherwise.

On and on. Just because some credules remain convinced, doesn't mean the rest of the sane world can't see these things as what they are. Enjoy your silly anniversary. Roger's laughing at you all.

Then 'replicate the suit! The sad and tired chorus goes out. Why bother? Someone could hit upon the exact combination of artifice/resolution/lighting Roger hit upon to get his requisite quota of Barnum's 'some of the time' rubes and they'd STILL say 'not even close!'

Anything to keep the let's pretend Bigfoot party going. 

Sad.

• Upvote 2

1980squatch
15 hours ago, Bigfoothunter said:

I have been told that Acord takes 80%, but that is up to Gimlin if that is what he wants to do.

He talks about that here, apparently there is a indeed a contract with an 80/20 split as directed by Gimiln, but Russ states that he refuses to sign it...

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mnbrt/2017/10/31/mnbrt-radio-with-russ-acord

hiflier
6 hours ago, Starling said:

You talk as if this somehow makes the film unique. There are hundreds of hoaxes you could argue have remained undebunked down through the years. Here's just a few...

Adamski's saucer photos. In fact any number of alleged nuts and bolt craft snapped over the last fifty years.

The infamous alien autopsy footage (the perpetrators now admit it was a hoax but claim the film still contains elements of original Roswell alien footage).

The John Titor time traveller internet hoax. Constructed in such a manner that the claims are essentially UNfalsifiable.

The moon landing hoax. This piece of nonsense is itself a hoax, complicated enough that there are still plenty of suckers stupid enough to think America did not land on the moon despite overwhelming evidence otherwise.

On and on. Just because some credules remain convinced, doesn't mean the rest of the sane world can't see these things as what they are. Enjoy your silly anniversary. Roger's laughing at you all.

Then 'replicate the suit! The sad and tired chorus goes out. Why bother? Someone could hit upon the exact combination of artifice/resolution/lighting Roger hit upon to get his requisite quota of Barnum's 'some of the time' rubes and they'd STILL say 'not even close!'

Anything to keep the let's pretend Bigfoot party going. 

Sad.

Starling,  this is a Bigfoot Forum, there's no Patty suit, and no debunking that holds water. So, yes, the film and what's on it is unique. Are you SURE you're not anti-Bigfoot? ;) 'Cause I don't see you lifting a finger to work on the PGF's authenticity. Not anti-Bigfoot, but does nothing for the Bigfoot camp but slam it. THAT"S what's sad, my friend.

So, not PRO Bigfoot either? It's OK, you can say it. No one's gonna bite your head off .

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 2

hiflier

Just a follow up thought, Starling: One can roll up their sleeves and get to work on the PGF hoax/not a hoax issue or one can do nothing but generate a lazy, incessant, unproductive,  smear campaign. Which one of those is you? And again, it's OK to answer. The truth in such matters never hurts :) 

• Upvote 1

Backdoc
On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 1:16 PM, Squatchy McSquatch said:

Patterson had a fake Gimlin on tour with him. 

This is really weird and I always wanted to know more about that guy.   

As strange as that is, this is another thing about the PGF which makes me think it was not a hoax.  It goes something like this:

If I was to do a hoax, I don't think I would take many actions the PGF players did.  I don't think I would fail to pay the others involved in Gimlin and Heironimus.   That makes not sense.  They open their mouth and it kills the golden goose.   Add the fact they get a fake Gimlin and this further increases the chance a jilted Gimlin would get further ticked off and talk.  Certainly if people found out they were lying about Mr. Stand-in being Gimlin, they might Q if they are being conned about the film itself.   Curiosity of the PGF being a possible real creature is the selling point.  Anything that caste doubt on it would decrease the $$$$$ earned.  It seems the only way you have a fake Gimlin in my book is if you are sure the film is real.  Then you might take that chance.   If it is fake the false Gimlin, not paying Hieronimus, cheating Gimlin lead to them pushing over your house of cards.  <---- They would even be motived by anger to do this.

It makes sense to me if they thought they actually had Bigfoot on film greed might get the best of them. They might cheat Gimlin. They might even say, "Fine, if he doesn't want to tour with us to increase out selling of the film, we will just get a guy to pose as him"  In my home town we had some local guys win a state lottery a few years back.  About 15 of them played each week.  One forgot to pay his $1 that week and that week the group won a few million or so before taxes.  They each ended up with about $200,000 I had heard but were considering 'cheating' their life-long friend out of his share because he forgot to give them his $1 that week even though he had done so each week for a few years.  Those in the group voted and just over half wanted to include him so they did give him his share.  Consider nearly half of his friends wanted to cut him out.  The point of the story is money makes people - even close friends- do some pretty strange things to each other.  I can believe using a fake Gimlin as weird as it is, or even cheating Gimlin out if his cut of the money could happen under the scenario the PGF is real.   I cannot see how it could happen under the PGF is a Hoax scenario.  Can a skeptic logically tell me how they think 1)  Fake Gimlin, 2) Cheating Gimlin, and 3) Cheating Heironimus  could happen if the PGF was fake?

• Upvote 1

dmaker

BD, is there anything that doesn't make you think the PGF is real?

• Upvote 1

Bigfoothunter
12 hours ago, xspider1 said:

^ And that drivel pertains to the PG film how, dmaker?  Helping people whenever we can is very admirable.  Trying to demean anyone who is making an honest (and moderate) living, is weak.  People want to tour Bigfoot country, some with a guide, and they have fun doing that.  I'm pretty sure they are not promised a sighting, or lunch with the Big Guy.  ;)

dmaker has never done anything of value here in my view. His only offering is being a negative mouthpiece against the purpose this site appears to have been created. The merit of his post exposes what he is all about and is why several of us have placed him on ignore.

51 minutes ago, Backdoc said:

This is really weird and I always wanted to know more about that guy. 

Gimlin was asked to tour with the movie and Bob could not to commit to that endeavor because he had a wife and family, a ranch, and a job that he could not risk losing. When Patterson couldn't get Bob - he and/or Al must have decided to use a stand-in. The guy they used was well acquainted with Bob and was probably chosen for that reason.

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Just a follow up thought, Starling: One can roll up their sleeves and get to work on the PGF hoax/not a hoax issue or one can do nothing but generate a lazy, incessant, unproductive,  smear campaign. Which one of those is you? And again, it's OK to answer. The truth in such matters never hurts :) 

I thought he has been quite clear which path he has chosen.  :)

4 hours ago, 1980squatch said:

He talks about that here, apparently there is a indeed a contract with an 80/20 split as directed by Gimiln, but Russ states that he refuses to sign it...

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mnbrt/2017/10/31/mnbrt-radio-with-russ-acord

That is between him and Bob in my view.

12 hours ago, hiflier said:

So, don't be such a stick in the mud. In fact, it sounds more like you need something to do so how about starting up some tours of your own? There have been sightings in your neck of the woods after all. Call it "Bigfoot COUNTRY Tours". You might even actually enjoy doing it. Of course I'm sure that the expense of starting such an enterprise up with vehicles, tour guides, insurance, and all the rest of such things will generate an overhead so even if it turns out that you really enjoy the effort there will be bills to pay. Charge a $100 a head and you'll probably break even and maybe own the vehicles outright in about five years. Quit your day job, night job, or whatever it is you do and go have some fun out there in nature. But if you cannot be humorous, be able to tell stories, and do not like children and people who are interested in the experience then it's probably not for you.

We educate people on the history of the Sasquatch in the Harrison Lake area. The company is called "Sasquatch Country Adventures" because it is designed to allow people an opportunity to enjoy something they might not have the chance to experience for themselves. We make no false promises. The company was started to aide the community by bringing people to Harrison Hot Springs after the halting of the Sand Sculpture Competition. Hiflier is correct in the cost to conduct this endeavor. To date it has not made a profit over the fees of running the operation. The township now has a small Sasquatch Museum at their Information Center for those who have an interest in the subject. My reward has been the opportunity to give something back to a community I have loved being a member of for parts of the year and to leave our guest with the memory of a unique experience that will hopefully last them a lifetime.

SCA_Mt_Breakenridge_2.jpg

• Upvote 2