xspider1

The 50th Anniversary of the amazing Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot film has arrived and there is no debunk in sight! 8 )

SweatyYeti

^

Or, maybe if Squatchy had a beer, and then.....whatever.....then we might really have something, here.  :)  

While we're waiting for something from Squatchy....here is something else irrelevant...

Edited by SweatyYeti

Backdoc
BFF Donor

Repeat of previous point:

In a couple of days we will once again be at the Aniversary of the PGF filming event.

i would ask for the next couple of days people go outside about 1pm to 2pm times and notice ( weather permitting) the sunlight / suns angle about this time of year.  You will notice the sun is bringht but not a glare as the sun is lower in the sky The sun has much less glare. For me this is telling how clear of a day Roger and Bob would choose in a hoax theory.   Not only would this be in the open but in great sunlight for filming.

Try it out for a couple of days as and see what I mean leading up to Saturday.

• Upvote 1

Patterson-Gimlin

Thanks for the reminder of the iconic film. The weather is insignificant here in Florida. 

Important to remember that I and many others thought by now the creature would have been proven and documented.

That has not happened and with each passing day since it becomes apparent the creature is simply mythical and not real at all. 

Still we love the mystery and the endless fascination. 

Backdoc
BFF Donor

^^^^^^^^

We have a great fall run of weather this week in Iowa.  I faced in various directions and views about 1pm and 2pm today.  The only issue for me might be if someone was facing directly to the south with the sun directly in their face.    Other directions, the sun was a warm glow of crisp light giving great view of surrounding trees and early to mid fall color.  This is very similar to the PGF.   I have to imagine in my neck of the woods the light was/is similar to Bluff Creek circa 1967.

Bob Hoaxing Heiromus stated the soil at bluff creek was, "white as snow"  Our previous resident skeptic and defender of the skeptic faith stated to me a glaring lights would make the soil look white as snow. He went so far as to state how he marched on a field for Drill and this made the ground and grounds so blinding it was as if it was 'white as snow'  I asked him if such an event occurred October light or if it occurred in the Summer.  He eventually partially admitted it occurred in the summer.

This is why this is a big deal.  Devinci described certain light as the best light to paint a women's face in a painting.  As I see it, the worst time to fake a monkey suit into a walking ape man and hide the flaws is on an open creek bed with grey soil on a mid to late October sunny day.

Edited by Backdoc
  • Like 1

hiflier
BFF Donor

In every version of the PGF, stabilized or not, when Patty turns and looks at Bob and Roger her nose lights up like a Christmas bulb. She is turning and looking directly into the Sun. Check it out:

patty.gif.6218d2770fc1f9c9b9c8e61fbdf278d5.gif765890071_PattyVideo.gif.9a860a706f1ff6f24ef67f36de74eca3.gif

Oh, and one more thing, look how solidly her thigh ripples when she stomps down her right leg in the color video- no suit can do that

Edited by hiflier
  • Like 1

PBeaton

I don't recall glare on asphalt without the sun in your face to begin with. 

Hieronimus wasn't there, think he himself has made that perfectly clear. Joshua...haha...well, was quite familiar with info. regardin' the subject, but havin' argued the subject for years with him, he did not impress me.

We know the sun was above an at her back, evident by her shadow in front of her feet.  

BMOB-MiddleSegment-F2C_zpsbfd852a8.jpg

• Upvote 3

Backdoc
BFF Donor

^^^^

Great clarifying points guys.  The Shadow tells the tale.  No Q about it.

Patterson-Gimlin
3 hours ago, PBeaton said:

Hieronimus wasn't there, think he himself has made that perfectly clear. Joshua...haha...well, was quite familiar with info. regardin' the subject, but havin' argued the subject for years with him, he did not impress me.

We know the sun was above an at her back, evident by her shadow in front of her feet.  

That is absolutely correct. He himself has done an outstanding job of proving the simple fact he is not the film subject. 

You guys have assisted him as well. Thanks for making it clear. 

norseman
BFF Donor
4 hours ago, PBeaton said:

Nice job! Out of plusses fer today! Manual *PLUS*

Backdoc
BFF Donor
14 hours ago, hiflier said:

In every version of the PGF, stabilized or not, when Patty turns and looks at Bob and Roger her nose lights up like a Christmas bulb. She is turning and looking directly into the Sun. Check it out:

patty.gif.6218d2770fc1f9c9b9c8e61fbdf278d5.gif

Oh, and one more thing, look how solidly her thigh ripples when she stomps down her right leg in the color video- no suit can do that

Of all the PGF that continue to get my attention the this thigh dynamic continues to impress.  There are a lot of movies both good and bad made in 1960's and before.  I don't see this characteristic in those movies.  2001 is awesome. Even then, I don't see this type of thing.

I would say the movements I see remind me of when the Navy SEALS BUDS classes roll in the sand, you can see them under the sand moving with sand upon them.  That is the effect I see here.  In the PGF case, it sure seems like fur upon a muscled moving upon a figure underneath.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Backdoc

OldMort
On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:28 PM, Backdoc said:

i would ask for the next couple of days people go outside about 1pm to 2pm times and notice ( weather permitting) the sunlight / suns angle about this time of year.  You will notice the sun is bringht but not a glare as the sun is lower in the sky The sun has much less glare. For me this is telling how clear of a day Roger and Bob would choose in a hoax theory.   Not only would this be in the open but in great sunlight for filming.

It's October 18. and a perfect sunny day here in Northern California. I'm about 100 miles or so south of Bluff Creek. It's 1:28 in the afternoon.

My observations: The sun is not especially high in the sky but is quite bright. Many of the rays are filtered through foliage causing a high contrast array of light and shadow.

The shadows are surprisingly lengthy at this time of day. They appear to be the same length or slightly longer than the object causing the shadow.

008.jpg.afe9a6fb51d3c1794e44b05f6e1ca4c2.jpg

Telephone pole and shadow.

012.jpg.e6fdb79ec0df4970bc099312e0a5bffe.jpg

Signpost and shadow. Note the extreme contrast of light and shadow.

Do we see these same kinds of lengthy shadows in the PGF?

ETA: These shots are taken due East.

Edited by OldMort
  • Like 1

hiflier
BFF Donor

One could say that shadow length is dependent upon the height of the subject being viewed, the viewer's horizontal angle of orientation with respect to the shadow of the subject being viewed,  and the height from which the subject is being viewed. The images you presented appear to have been shot from about 20 feet up and somewhat perpendicular to the shadows of the objects in the scene. So the low Sun angle from the viewers perspective does show long shadows being cast. The telephone pole being the tallest of course is casting the longest shadow. If the telephone pole was being viewed at street level and more from the South the effect would look quite different. One's latitudinal position on the Earth will also be a factor WRT shadow length.

Edited by hiflier
  • Like 1

Squatchy McSquatch

I'm far away Bluff Creek -- Ontario, Canada.

We've had red maple in the forests for 10 days now. 

Maybe the anniversary of the actual filming date has already passed.

;)

norseman
BFF Donor

The Aspen in my backyard.

55C4CF7E-9993-4A6F-A9E3-7892747B0EF5.jpeg

E6616818-EDE3-4704-AB4A-E5055895201B.jpeg

• Upvote 1

hiflier
BFF Donor

Yep, Squatchy McSquatch, saw 'em. Went through Ontario heading West in August and again heading East during the first week of October. Counting both trips I think we stayed at nearly all the Provincial Parks on Lake Superior. You have got some fine and beautiful country up there Mr. McSquatch. Yes sir, fine and beautiful indeed. Loved every minute of it. Also except for about 40 miles of on and off road construction the entire way on 17 and 11 was just a super ride. Last year I went across the Eastern U.S. all the way to Chicago. Never again.

Norseman, the Aspens in the Rockies around Sept. 22 were bright yellow-gold and when the sun hit them? Man were they ever gorgeous against the dark green pines.

Edited by hiflier