The 50th Anniversary of the amazing Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot film has arrived and there is no debunk in sight! 8 )

It seems when those Scottish guys throw those poles, they makes some noise.   I would think this would make a crashing and jerk-you-out-of-your-seat noise.

It is fun just to have something other than the PGF to argue about.  Figure it out and I'll get back to those post in a few posts from now so I can learn what I should be impressed by.

Squatchy McSquatch

I've been watching that on YT's 0.25 speed for a bit. Just throwing this out there:

Either:

It's a tree falling and breaking apart as it crashes through other trees... darker lighting on the left screen, brighter on the right as it lands... and a bear is there on the ground

OR...

It's a CGI fabrication

OR...

It's clear footage of Bigfoot tossing a tree. Think about it.

It's already been established that BF can carry a 300 lb hog under its arm and toss it if need be.

If BF has graduated to throwing trees that's some serious trouble a-brewin'

This needs debunking fast. 

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

I've been watching that on YT's 0.25 speed for a bit. Just throwing this out there:

Either:

It's a tree falling and breaking apart as it crashes through other trees... darker lighting on the left screen, brighter on the right as it lands... and a bear is there on the ground

OR...

It's a CGI fabrication

OR...

It's already been established that BF can carry a 300 lb hog under its arm and toss it if need be.

LOL , tis true.

Really, this is funny but it's a good point. Instead of throwing rocks at humans intruding on their territory why wouldn't they throw trees?

Because the intent seems to be to intimidate, not do harm.   I suspect accuracy .. thus closely controlled misses .. are easier with more regularly shaped projectiles.   They are for me.    They do seem to push trees over, but how many people have had near misses vs how many have been hit?    Think about it.    I think it is intended to be that way, not accidental.

MIB

xspider1

This "Kung Fu Bear" video makes me believe that some Bears could definitely throw a tree if they wanted to so; maybe we're still doing the math on that one?

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Starling said:

I'm curious. How many in the proponents camp would add this vid to the 'credible ' evidence category?

Anyone that views this as credible, imo, should lose their credibility.  Nothing more here than blurry pixels and a possible tree top falling.

Guest Starling

Yeah. The fact that this is being discussed and entertained is quite instructive in itself. Adding 'tree throwing' to Bigfoot's behaviour doesn't exactly shout hyper elusive does it? I mean when your species' entire existence is dependent on an almost supernatural ability to avoid detection, chucking trees about, for whatever reason, doesn't make much sense. This shows a lack of joined up thinking. 

Edited by Starling
11 hours ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

Either:

OR...

It's a CGI fabrication

OR...

Squatchy, this is what I had wondered about and why I asked earlier if there is a way to tell if a video has been altered, "manufactured", etc.

I'm curious if it's possible to determine if the figure in the video was the product of some computer work. Or would it be undetectable?

3 hours ago, Starling said:

Yeah. The fact that this is being discussed and entertained is quite instructive in itself. Adding 'tree throwing' to Bigfoot's behaviour doesn't exactly shout hyper elusive does it? I mean when your species' entire existence is dependent on an almost supernatural ability to avoid detection, chucking trees about, for whatever reason, doesn't make much sense. This shows a lack of joined up thinking. 

I think the thousands of alleged sightings, footprints, sounds does not indicate any sort of supernatural detection avoidance.  The historical references to creatures that are described like a BF does not indicate any sort of supernatural detection avoidance.   You are confusing finding remains with detection avoidance.

Hyper elusive?  Not really.

That said, while I do agree with your last statement saying there is a lack of joined up thinking, I find it astonishing it took THIS thread for you to realize that.   At least you're caught up now!

PBeaton

Tree throwin'...stick throwin'...rock throwin'...boulder throwin...snappin' vegetation an chasin' people...not exactly hyper elusive...may not make sense ta some, but still known primate activities just the same.   

• gigantor unpinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor locked this topic