xspider1

The 50th Anniversary of the amazing Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot film has arrived and there is no debunk in sight! 8 )

dmaker

I've spent plenty of time outdoors, including some areas that would be thought of as highly squatchy. The top two most being north Vancouver island (flown in to Campbell River and then a four hour boat ride to our location), and the Sierras. Never saw anything that would make me think it was bigfoot related, but I did appreciate the vastness of it, no doubt. 

Edited by dmaker

Martin

If I ever make it to Harrison Hot Springs rest assured that I will be going on BFH's squatch tour. 

I'm sure it would be fun and the scenery breathtaking.

Seriously..... 

OntarioSquatch

Scenery can be nice, but based on the report data, there isn’t any correlation between the “remoteness” of a forest and the likelyhood of having a sighting of what’s commonly described as Bigfoot/sasquatch

OntarioSquatch

Interestingly, there’s a very notable correlation between annual rainfall, and sighting frequency.

xspider1

Well, "remote" generally means a lot less visitors so; it's not surprising that the total number of sightings at a remote area might be less but, I think there would more sightings per visitor.  :)

Not sure that all tours are available all the time, Martin, you might want to call first.  ;) lol

• Upvote 1

dmaker
13 hours ago, Martin said:

If I ever make it to Harrison Hot Springs rest assured that I will be going on BFH's squatch tour. 

I'm sure it would be fun and the scenery breathtaking.

Seriously..... 

I'm sure the scenery would be breathtaking, even without the bigfoot claptrap. 

12 hours ago, OntarioSquatch said:

Interestingly, there’s a very notable correlation between annual rainfall, and sighting frequency.

And aliens... 

hiflier
2 hours ago, dmaker said:

I'm sure the scenery would be breathtaking, even without the bigfoot claptrap. 

And aliens... 

Just can't stop yourself can you. Always with the condescending barbs. Is that your point? Chronic derision?

Cotter
19 hours ago, dmaker said:

I've spent plenty of time outdoors, including some areas that would be thought of as highly squatchy. The top two most being north Vancouver island (flown in to Campbell River and then a four hour boat ride to our location), and the Sierras. Never saw anything that would make me think it was bigfoot related, but I did appreciate the vastness of it, no doubt. 

Were you out looking for BF?

Another question dmaker - what, if any, sign did you see that you would have attributed to cougars during your trip to Vancouver Island?

OntarioSquatch

In terms of dedicated outdoorsmen in general, few have seen anything that they would attribute to sasquatch activity, but they’re still the individuals who have the most experiences when on foot. The odds somewhat increase if one goes into certain “hotspots”, but it’s still pretty low. Many live in “active” areas their whole life and never get clear visual of one. 

Interestingly, there are a few “skeptics” who have had close, but ambigous experiences with one or more. Cervelo is the first that comes to mind. In fact, his experience in Virginia was what initially got him into this subject. Unfortunately for him, it was also the start of some very painful cognitive dissonance. I think there was at least one other as well that was on the JREF/ISF. 

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Cotter

"I spend a lot of time outdoors" does not make one a dedicated outdoorsman/person...just to clarify.

Your statement is correct, but I will also point out the statement of "I've spent a lot of time outdoors and haven't seen anything" doesn't mean there wasn't something to be seen.

Bigfoothunter
1 hour ago, Cotter said:

"I spend a lot of time outdoors" does not make one a dedicated outdoorsman/person...just to clarify.

Your statement is correct, but I will also point out the statement of "I've spent a lot of time outdoors and haven't seen anything" doesn't mean there wasn't something to be seen.

People who periodically go into the outdoors don't mean anything. Did they sit on a shore and fish the day away - did the hang around the camp relaxing - did they go on a hike and how much territory did they cover?  People can take a vacation into the PNW and not see even so much as a black bear. 19 years in BC and I have yet to see a mountain lion in the wild, but have seen their tracks countless times. Think about it.

• Upvote 1

SweatyYeti
4 hours ago, hiflier said:

Just can't stop yourself can you. Always with the condescending barbs. Is that your point? Chronic derision?

That question doesn't even need to be asked, hiflier. ;) 

It is the reason why I have 2 skeppy's on 'Ignore' at the moment.....(and am hoping to add more, in the future). 

Again....I highly recommend it. You miss out on nothing, of any value.....and, you take most of the fun they have....(simply getting a rise out of the Bigfoot proponents)......away from them.  :) 

Edited by SweatyYeti

hiflier

I'll take that under advisement, SY. Thanks.

xspider1

Good point above, bfh.  Whereas a mountain lion would certainly be smaller than an adult bigfoot, I'm guessing they're not nearly as intelligent or as elusive.  I have been in TN for about 50 years and never once saw a flying squirrel until last winter!  I'm not an outdoorsman, but I spend a lot of time outside.  And sure, flying squirrels are small, but they also glide through the air from tree to tree which would tend to catch one's attention.  Nobody else I asked has ever seen one.  The point is that sightings of some animals, even in their habitat, can be extremely rare.

SweatyYeti
19 minutes ago, hiflier said:

I'll take that under advisement, SY. Thanks.

You're welcome, hiflier.  :)