What To Do With The Body?

I agree with that, Pat. I think there are animals that should not be hunted. I'm not anti-hunting in general.

What I would really do is (if the body was already dead) call everyone that could possible get there. Text a picture so that they don't just laugh at me. I would also secure samples incase something happened before they got there. I would not move the body from that spot. If it's in grizzly territory, I would be away from the carcass but I would have an eye on it.

:ph34r:

OMG, , On Top of being *INVOLVED WITH* a *BF* deceased body find, Now We Need to consider being attacked by a several 1000 pound killing machine AKA grizzly bear *whose* lunch we had just *stolen* (or at least we were standing around it,) attacking the researchers to get the lunch back, or to protect his kill so he can eat it later?

:wacko: I'd let the grizzly bear have it, but mark the spot on our handy dandy GPS units, and return a little later with Several teams of Navy Seals who are armed to the teeth well out in front of me, and a couple of Teams coming up behind me. While dreaming add units on each side also.

Mamma always said *Dream Big* :blush:

Edited by SweetSusiq

Guest vilnoori

Well whosever a carcass is, you could always pull some hair out, and check for loose teeth, do a cheek swab, even get a sample of skin if you do not use a knife (rip it out, it looks more natural). Even if the state takes away the body never to be seen again, you'd at least have that.

I haven't really been looking into BF seriously for very long.

I don't know if I'd be quick enough to take the shot.

With all the people out there every day, and still no body,

what's the chance someone will stumble upon one?

Slim to none.

I've only found 2 deer,assorted smaller mammals,

no large predators, coyote, cougar, bear, etc.

So putting aside how we come up with one,

many fine suggestions have been given

regarding what to do if/when someone does.

I merely asked that we give it more thought.

I haven't really been looking into BF seriously for very long.

I don't know if I'd be quick enough to take the shot.

With all the people out there every day, and still no body,

what's the chance someone will stumble upon one?

Slim to none.

I've only found 2 deer,assorted smaller mammals,

no large predators, coyote, cougar, bear, etc.

So putting aside how we come up with one,

many fine suggestions have been given

regarding what to do if/when someone does.

I merely asked that we give it more thought.

Coach Squatch,

I've not found a large animals remains either. Livin' bout 5-10 min. walk to the beach here on Vancouver Island (Go Canucks Go ! :D ), I enjoy beachcombin' now an again. Found bones now an again, dead seals etc., I always keep my eyes open an on the look as yah never know. Folks just found a human skull the other day at the beach at low tide, not far from here, crazy ! :blink:

Pat...

There is a lot more to moving something like that than you realize.I bet there are all kinds of federal laws regarding obtaining, storing, and moving body parts from an unidentified species. Wasn't FEMA on the news recently for having a plan regarding exposure to an alien species? I imagine bigfoot would fall into that classification until his species was identified.

I don't know bout the laws etc., just the same, I'd deffinately take parts. Deal with that stuff after the fact. If the gov. wanted to claim ownership or whatever, that's fine with me, reckon pieces of puzzles get misplaced all the time...if ya know what I mean ;)

Proof is proof, only thin that matters I think. So, if someone else wanted to claim the rights, who knows if it's found on gov. land, Native land or private land, that would be after the fact that proof had been found. I expect you'd still get the right to name a new species of primate, have a little fun with the skeptics. :D If you're lucky, real lucky, the rights to ownership of the remains, an I'm sure there would be money to be made with the rights for images used by newspapers, tv programs, books etc. Can ya image..."your name here" Makes The Discovery of The Century ! Reckon that'd be pretty cool ! B)

Pat...

People need to think before snatching body parts whether those body parts might cause the next Andromeda strain. It seems like new viruses and bacteria jump species all of the time now, either that, or we have become better at tracing epidemics back to the source.

There is a lot more to moving something like that than you realize.I bet there are all kinds of federal laws regarding obtaining, storing, and moving body parts from an unidentified species. Wasn't FEMA on the news recently for having a plan regarding exposure to an alien species? I imagine bigfoot would fall into that classification until his species was identified.

Well, Those yahoo's in Georgia were able to collect money, and no one came to take their dead BF gorilla suit away, so we all may be wrong about laws prohibiting killing something that legally *does not exist*, and if you have possession of the body, then I think that it is yours.

Those yahoos started a standard and precedented that it is legal in Georgia to have and sell a BF even tho they were liars and it was a gorilla suit. :rolleyes: .

People need to think before snatching body parts whether those body parts might cause the next Andromeda strain. It seems like new viruses and bacteria jump species all of the time now, either that, or we have become better at tracing epidemics back to the source.

Jodie,

I don't know bout anyone else, but I don't reckon that be a worry to me at the time, it would be about gettin' evidence. I think one of the reasons we have so many epidemics these days is because these days we (not I) fill ourselves with so many drugs our bodies no longer can fight thin's an all the strains become use to the drugs, thus makin' them less effective. I recal hearin' bout families with multiple kids, the youngest is usually the one with the least allergies etc., as growin' up with the others, he/she was exposed to everythin' from the older ones(who weren't) an thier immune system gets built up. Now days every other comercial on tv, in magazines etc. is for a drug for this or that. Worst thin' is when they tell of the side effects...sounds worse than what could possibly be ailin' ya in the first place.

Sorry for ramblin' on...just takin' the long way round the barn :D Collect the evidence ! :thumbsup:

Pat...

Well use gloves and put that evidence in bags. HIV came from primates, bigfoot might have something floating around in his bloodstream that could kill us all.

Well use gloves and put that evidence in bags. HIV came from primates, bigfoot might have something floating around in his bloodstream that could kill us all.

Jodie,

True...

Pat...

Live capture attempts could end up with deceased researchers.

These creatures seem to live in association with each other. A capture would be full of danger due to:

1) Mother,daddy, or a sibling showing up,perhaps all at the same time. May the Lord have mercy!

2)Any BF in the area coming to see what is happening, finding out that a fellow BF is being captured, and taking out the *capture team* and freeing the captured BF.

3) If none of the above happens, how do you move a body that weighs several hundred pounds?

During a "code blue" I tried to pull up the shoulders of a 250 pound woman while I was straddling her as another nurse was trying to slip the CPR board beneath her.

I could not get her head and shoulders up high enough to get the board under her. We did the best that we could do until a couple of men showed up and they were able to lift her head and shoulders up so that we could continue CPR.

I know first hand how difficult lifting a 250 pound woman was, how in the world could you move a 500-700+ pound and 7-8+ or taller Big foot creature out of miles of forest woodlands? :(

Live capture attempts could end up with deceased researchers.

These creatures seem to live in association with each other. A capture would be full of danger due to:

1) Mother,daddy, or a sibling showing up,perhaps all at the same time. May the Lord have mercy!

2)Any BF in the area coming to see what is happening, finding out that a fellow BF is being captured, and taking out the *capture team* and freeing the captured BF.

3) If none of the above happens, how do you move a body that weighs several hundred pounds?

During a "code blue" I tried to pull up the shoulders of a 250 pound woman while I was straddling her as another nurse was trying to slip the CPR board beneath her.

I could not get her head and shoulders up high enough to get the board under her. We did the best that we could do until a couple of men showed up and they were able to lift her head and shoulders up so that we could continue CPR.

I know first hand how difficult lifting a 250 pound woman was, how in the world could you move a 500-700+ pound and 7-8+ or taller Big foot creature out of miles of forest woodlands? :(

SweetSusiq,

Piece by piece... :D

Pat...

These creatures seem to live in association with each other. A capture would be full of danger......

Or at least such is the mythology that has sprung up about the creatures in recent years.

True? I certainly don't know. But since no one has reported a bigfoot researcher recently rendered limb-from-limb, it's still mythology, at this point.