Urban Bigfoot Seriously? (3)

ioyza

Guest OntarioSquatch

There’s a correlation between physical characteristics and behaviour as a result of natural selection, but it’s not a causation. For instance, if the personality of a rat were in control of the body of a wolf, you would see some very different behaviour. Also, higher intelligence would result in better logistics/planning, and consequently different behaviour.

With sasquatch in particular, I believe the single most notable psychological trait by far is their heightened paranoia. This is specifically a human trait, and can have quite an impact on behaviour. I believe it’s the answer to many of the questions common to this field of research. The evidence for this is in the reports, except it’s badly overlooked, but that’s not surprising considering how hardly anyone has specialized knowledge of it

Edited by OntarioSquatch

From the BFRO site:

"The debate reveals how widely varied our landscape experience is. The urban perception (the majority of the population) is that forest and wilderness habitats have been reduced to patches and islands in the sea of modern human development, when the reality is still the diametric opposite in most parts of the Americas."

I'd take that further, and say that despite our human encroachment, habitats continue to exist outside of many humans' rather dulled perceptions. One doesn't have to work hard to find documentation of wildlife, including large predators, in urban environments. The prevalence of "news" and use of social media will ensure the increase of such reports.

Honestly, I could do this for days and provide links, but I don't want to hijack the thread. I applaud the resurrection of this topic, and hope others can find the two long and instructive Urban BF threads (thanks, LCB!).

I wasn't comparing deer and Sasquatch mentality, but note that deer are one prey species without many predators in populated niches. I wouldn't call BFs paranoid, but evasive. They seem to be pretty bold when it suits them, especially regarding food sources, from many reports.

Edited by JKH

I grew up on 54th street in Hyde Park. Always went ice skating on the midway. There is no place for this creature here.  Chicago is a huge city of nothing but buildings and streets. Not much in the way of forests until you get to the suburbs. Kids are the probable cause. Kids always played there, including me when i was a kid. It seems they still are using it for ice skating and still have the warming house. I am sure kids still play there all the time also.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, JKH said:

From the BFRO site:

"The debate reveals how widely varied our landscape experience is. The urban perception (the majority of the population) is that forest and wilderness habitats have been reduced to patches and islands in the sea of modern human development, when the reality is still the diametric opposite in most parts of the Americas."

I'd take that further, and say that despite our human encroachment, habitats continue to exist outside of many humans' rather dulled perceptions. One doesn't have to work hard to find documentation of wildlife, including large predators, in urban environments. The prevalence of "news" and use of social media will ensure the increase of such reports.

Honestly, I could do this for days and provide links, but I don't want to hijack the thread. I applaud the resurrection of this topic, and hope others can find the two long and instructive Urban BF threads (thanks, LCB!).

I wasn't comparing deer and Sasquatch mentality, but note that deer are one prey species without many predators in populated niches. I wouldn't call BFs paranoid, but evasive. They seem to be pretty bold when it suits them, especially regarding food sources, from many reports.

Not a hijack, JKH! Totally on point. And that picture of the deer streaming past the parked cars was quite beautiful, as hiflier said. And I loved Cotter's pics, too. 

I live in a very urban area and was privileged to see a coyote racing down a city street late one night. He seemed a little freaked out, poor guy. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, JKH said:

Knock yourself out. I don't believe you can provide links showing large mammals in utterly urban, non-suburban environments. But go for it, prove me wrong. Will enjoy the experience.

1 hour ago, OntarioSquatch said:

There’s a correlation between physical characteristics and behaviour as a result of natural selection, but it’s not a causation. For instance, if the personality of a rat were in control of the body of a wolf, you would see some very different behaviour. Also, higher intelligence would result in better logistics/planning, and consequently different behaviour.

With sasquatch in particular, I believe the single most notable psychological trait by far is their heightened paranoia. This is specifically a human trait, and can have quite an impact on behaviour. I believe it’s the answer to many of the questions common to this field of research. The evidence for this is in the reports, except it’s badly overlooked, but that’s not surprising considering how hardly anyone has specialized knowledge of it

I would really rather not get into this subject here for the sake of the OP but you just made my point. I said:

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Behavior is determined by physiology which in turn determines a creature's mentality

The creature's mentality is being what the creature is able to learn which is also limited by the animal's physiology.This really does need it's own thread. It's too late here for me to start one. If you can wait until I find the other thread this weekend it would be better.

Edited by hiflier

Guest OntarioSquatch

I think it’s common knowledge that the mind and body both develop based an organism’s genetics. Physical interaction with the environment triggers various genes, and leads to changes in both mind and body as the organism grows, but it doesn’t determine what the genes are.

An organism’s genetic makeup can be the result of either evolution or genetic engineering (not mutually exclusive). Basically, it’s possible to have two different beings with the same genes for physical development, but different ones for mental development. 

So based on that, the idea that sasquatch behave entirely the same as bear and deer doesn’t make sense, especially when one understands the effect on behaviour that high intelligence and high paranoia have. When combined together, the effect is quite dramatic, and it just so happens to match what witnesses often describe in reports.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

23 minutes ago, OntarioSquatch said:

So based on that, the idea that sasquatch behave entirely the same as bear and deer doesn’t make sense......

You missed the point so I think I will find the thread with the original idea in it.

The resurrection of the topic is of interest to me, however I do see the example of the original post as not being Sasquatch in origin, This looks like someone who would be practicing something of a naturalistic religion, or trying to do something in terms of naturalistic art, whatever the case. It is not really plausible for the creatures to haul all those little sticks into that position and in such an open area do their thing, and further more if they were to venture out in such a fashion what would be the motive? I agree that Sasquatch do create stick like structures, but these are not like the kinds I have seen. This might be a feeble attempt toward shelter, or as I said art. In circumstances where sasquatch seem to live near humans they exercise even more caution than their normally uncanny manner of remaining undetected. I personally gave up trying to get further evidence because it was so dang frustrating to be able to record the wood knocking, some vocal anomalies, and then not being able to corroborate with finding prints. So for that I am on strike...me and Rene... Just need to see something more substantial to keep spending my efforts, just a nice print. The lack of time issue is only part of the problem. Some might think I have lost interest altogether, but really I am just not that sure it will amount to anything more than what I already know. The neighbor who used to sit up at night, and often was caught on my recording coughing passed away recently, his property is now vacant.  I may record again this fall just to see what I get for my effort. I always enjoy coyotes and owls and the occasion wood knocks.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot
more to say

Made it up to Sidney Yates earlier today with my dog, the first couple bits of woods walking were uneventful-ish, except for being approached by two different groups of three deer (or were they the same group?). They are remarkably tame here, they even approach towards us after noticing us. Anyway, a couple structures from the summer still there looking untouched.

On the other side of the river though, there was a new structure:

woYzQJLh.jpg

YqxhTQ7h.jpg

Y28x1kqh.jpg

You can see a bunch of these branches are burned, as well as part of the main tree, so this could be the work of the pyromaniac teenagers we were talking about (plastic bags of empty beer cans not too far away support that). It doesn't look like this was actually a fire though... there's no kindling or ash below the structure, and not all the branches are burned. 

We came out into a big open field and were about to head back to the car when several knocks came from the woods across. We walked across to check out the source, and were led straight to another structure, exactly where the knocks had come from:

EP9PxP0h.jpg

As we got to this structure, a couple more knocks came from further back, but to be honest I couldn't even imagine where. At this point, we were in a very thin strip of trees just down a hill from the road and rec center. I guess these knocks came from the woods beyond the rec.

I just don't know. And that's fine.

• Upvote 2

Those are some really SUPER-looking structures. And wow! You heard knocks, too! 

Somebody wants your attention.   :)

Thanks for bringing us on your on-going adventure!!!! Looking forward to the next installments! 

26 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

I truly believe a bipedal primate is responsible for those creations.

Homo Sapien?

ioyza: " Well, it's been about 1 year since the first of these caught my eye, and I didn't take pics or note the date on that first one because of the location, and my "rational" mind took to the usual business of brushing aside the strong feeling the structure gave me and reassured me that "Nah, couldn't be..."

When the second one appeared overnight during a night of heavy rain/snow/sleet, I took note. And the third. Then the summer went by uneventfully and I had almost convinced myself the whole thing was wishful thinking, but as November approached, I began to wonder if they'd pass through again...

(Sorry for the missing images in the old thread, I'll work on sorting that out and re-post the relevant ones here later)"   

XnHNgcc.jpg?1 This structure that you found reminds me of some that I've found but my My m  My discovery like this was on the edge of a subdivision with large two acre forest lots that would seem too small for bigfoot. The structures could have been human made but another builder was suspected. 

Your other picture of the large structure looks like a blind. During past discussions on this type of structure, a few theories emerged such as this being a bigfoot's hunting blind. Do bow hunters build blinds like this? Is it along a deer trail? Did you see hair on the inside stuck to the sticks/logs?  How far from the closest human structure?

The burnt wood may have been human caused, then along comes bigfoot that wants to use the long straight bonfire poles

Edited by georgerm
check paragraphs

• WV FOOTER unlocked this topic