The Sasquatch Mind.....and Body

hiflier

Rather than continue in this older thread:

I think a new one would be better. The original thread touches quite a bit on the concept of Sasquatch being more of a bear in Human form but the real dividing line lies, of course, in it's physiology. It might be a good idea to go through the original thread as a starter even if it's just the OP? To elaborate a bit for now though, the Sasquatch body shape has allowed it to have a different skill set than a bear which is pretty much a no-brainer. This would include how it thinks about things BECAUSE of its physical abilities as opposed to a bear. So it's mentality is similar to a bear's in a lot of aspects but there are major things that set it apart. This can touch on the subjects of predator vs. non-predator as both Sasquatch and bear seem to possess both sides of that coin. I'm not going to go to much further into folks so the floor is open.

hiflier   "To elaborate a bit for now though, the Sasquatch body shape has allowed it to have a different skill set than a bear which is pretty much a no-brainer". 

The body shape and abilities of bigfoot is most likely one of the best for a large 700 pound creature to survive in forest found in North America. Then add a great deal of intelligence and mistrust of humans, and we have the apex forest person. Bears are wonderfully adapted to the forest, but we can readily find them that puts them at our mercy if we are armed or seated in one of our vehicles.

We don't really know if bigfoot uses its body and skills to hunt. Is it a peaceful vegetarian like some species of monkeys?   

Edited by georgerm
add wording

44 minutes ago, georgerm said:

Is it a peaceful vegetarian like some species of monkeys?   

Not sure. People reportedly find deer with their heads bent back to their spines. John Mionczynski thinks these kinds of kills are Sasquatch related but who knows. What else it could be is unknown to me so if anyone can shed more light on it then please do. The Sasquatch mind in the meantime is there just like other animals'. The mentality of predation is in all creatures whether they 'prey' be other animals with different skill sets or plants. I mean could one even see plants as victim of a predator species? Technically the answer may be 'yes'.

So what about the Sasquatch mind and body? One way of thinking about this would be to look at the opposite of putting a rats mind into a the body of a primate. Take instead a primate mind and put it into a rat's body. The issue of behavior then becomes a bit clearer. I may very well be that ANY animal mentality that gets placed into a Sasquatch has the same result- a Sasquatch, with its behavior and its mentality. Even in the purest example, that of putting a Human's mind into a Sasquatch. What would be the result?

The point being made is that when a Human mind goes into a Sasquatch body with the Sasquatch brain, it my contention, (and speculation!) that the Human will lose it's ability to create and imagine situational outcomes before they happen. Therefore the 'new' Human will not invent the wheel, or create fire, or build a computer. The Human will have its intelligence along with the Sasquatch skill set due to its physiology but essentially the Human will be little more than an animal- like a bear- but it's physical make up will allow a skill set that is more versatile. It might be a better-equipped hunter and forager but really no different than a bear in mentality. Different behavior and ability because of its primate body even though its mentality and intelligence will be the same. And I think this to be truly the case.

Sasquatch isn't ape and it isn't Human. It really seems to be it's own species although still more entrenched in the animal kingdom. It's brain chemistry and structure has simply not allowed it to turn the corner on being Human. So I would never mistake anything Humans do- like walking, running, throwing rocks, tree peeping, or picking berries with their hands- as any kind of indication that Sasquatch is Human. Its body allows for those kinds of activities and that's where the similarity ends. My Opinion. And nothing in any of the thousands of reports says or shows otherwise.

Edited by hiflier

It's a good question hiflier. Put a human mind in a bear, and we might have a territorial sly killer and meat eater. Nothing wrong with eating ones rival. Its parents would not teach that this is wrong. Will there be a conscience?.

Or will the bear hang with humans and offer protection while hanging in the woods?  

It would use its power to keep its food supply safe from other animals. It would also have methods for taking various animals down and away from the family unit. It may keep long lasting family units. 

We really know little about bigfoot's mind. Some emerge every year that believe they know bigfoot better than all others. Bigfoot whisperers!   

Image result for bigfoot drawings

Edited by georgerm
post a picture

Guest OntarioSquatch

Hiflier’s understanding of the phenomenon has only worsened over the last year or so. It’s not a good sign, but anyways,

If you understand the mind of bigfoot/sasquatch well enough, then you would know that it’s not even realistic to be a whisperer or habituator of one. In terms of body, much of the data strongly supports the theory that they’re very close to Homo sapiens, if not Homo sapiens. In comparison to other apes such as chimps and bonobos, they would be by far the closest.

I guess my point is whatever mind is put into a Sasquatch, be it bear, rat or Human, it will still be a Sasquatch, behave like a Sasquatch, and live primitively like a Sasquatch. Because the Sasquatch physiology will dominate what it does and how it does it. In the case of the Human mind it will lose whatever it is that makes the Human mind Human. So there will be no fire, no wheel, or anything else. The Human would be reduced to the primitive state of the Sasquatch by virtue of a physically diminished pre-frontal cortex. Intelligence (capacity for learning) will be there but the Humaness will be gone and so the creature won't be a Human in a Sasquatch body. It's just revert to being a Sasquatch- tree ping, throwing rocks, walking bipedally, bending deer necks back, howling,etc. and that's about it. The Human, for all intents and purposes, will have disappeared.

That's why I think physiology controls behavior and mentality. Physiology is the limiting factor is what animals can do and not do and in what they learn. Deer forage, mate, and run from predators. Bears forage, mate, and ARE the predators as are the big cats. All are intelligent but their bodies have behaviors and skill sets that are different.

17 minutes ago, OntarioSquatch said:

Hiflier’s understanding of the phenomenon has only worsened over the last year or so. It’s not a good sign, but anyways,

And OntarioSquatch? I resent the slap in the face. Sasquatch may be closer but they are still a long way off and are by no means Human. They are as intelligent as the apes and like apes they have no fire, no wheel, no technology near anything like Humans have. Why is that? Because they do not have the mind necessary to accomplish those things. They don't chop a tree down with an ax- they break it off because they CAN'T make an ax. They don't know how and have never even thought about it- because they lack the brain power. They might be able to be TAUGHT to make an ax because they are intelligent (see capacity for learning) but their pre-frontal cortex seems undeveloped enough to think of figuring out how to make an ax on their own. And even if they could they would probably only use it as a club and never for what it is intended.

Plenty of people leave axes out at the woodpile. Sasquatch may have even seen Humans use axes. But its useless to think a Sasquatch would ever take one, go into the woods and chop a tree with it. And saying they don't need to chop a tree down misses the entire point. They don't because as close as they may be to Human? They are animals. Smart, bipedal, and dexterous? Yes, because of their primate body shape- but still animals nonetheless. 

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

Guest OntarioSquatch

There are both mental and physical factors involved. Hypothetically speaking, their reasoning ability could be similar to that of the average human, but at the same time not have the motor/muscle control required to create certain tools. If we look at non-human great apes in general, they don’t have the required level of motor control, so even if they were as intelligent, they would struggle to create certain tools. Worth noting that there are motor control deficiencies and disorders can be found in regular Homo sapiens, which I think can provide some insight.

BFF Patron

I know their verbal behavior and nonverbal behavior scratch the abstract/symbolic realm.  They may not make fires that most can discern or form perfect stone tools but they make representational toys and toy with us. 

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, OntarioSquatch said:

Hypothetically speaking, their reasoning ability could be similar to that of the average human, but at the same time not have the motor/muscle control required to create certain tools

OS, they cannot create 'certain tools'. They don't even steal and use the ones WE create. They simply lack the capacity for most anything that  requires imagination beyond social interaction. Maybe hitting something with a club or a rock but that's as far as it goes from the all reports I've read. There's nothing to indicate anything remarkable brain-wise. If bears had hands they'd probably throw rocks and pine cones too. That's about the level of accomplishment for the species as far as I see. Curiosity, skilled at hiding, and other rudimentary animal abilities is about it. And they can be habituated as much as raccoons squirrels, deer, or birds can be. They learn from the past, live in the present and have no capacity for the future. Stocking up for winter doesn't count because many other creatures do that already

Look, I'm not trying to belittle Sasquatch. It's an amazing creature! But Humans have habitually placed I on a pedestal that it doesn't belong on. It deserves our respect for itself and it's habitat. Good common sense and study has helped me to arrive at these conclusions. These are my opinions, but the opinions are drawn on what is available for evaluating the mannerisms and characteristics of this creature which also includes some of the super-Human things it has been reported to perform. And none of it says Human. Not even feral Human. I also think because of it's lower state it's very survival is in serious jeopardy- because of us- but that's not for here  

Edited by hiflier

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

They don't even steal and use the ones WE create.

They actually do borrow tools from us. And use them.

Here's a wonderful mid-1800's report about the Wild Woman of Navidad from The Legends of Texas: Lost Mines and Buried Treasure, by Ann B. Dobie. (I think Ann's father was the one who collected the account originally.) The story is long, so I had to leave out a lot of it; but this BF individual entered homes; took food, but only half of what was there; and not only borrowed tools, but returned them all polished up. 

And there are other, more recent accounts. I'll try to find some for you.

(P.S. If you click this image, it will increase in size and be easier to read.)

WildWomanOfNavidadAll.png

Edited by LeafTalker
  • Upvote 1

Different story. Some people of that time talked about escaped slaves. Others described a woman covered in brown hair who was doing these things.

Read, read, and read some more. Don't stop at your convenient stopping places.

Wow, I hadn't even read that particular article to see how seriously scrambled it was! Interesting. The longer accounts (google Wild Woman of Navidad, and read as many of them as you can) give you a sense of where that confusion might have come from. Or not. But yeah, wow.

Edited by LeafTalker

Hmmm. There's a whole book on Sasquatch tool use (Sasquatch Tool Use, by David Claerr, https://www.amazon.com/Sasquatch-Tool-Use-David-Claerr/dp/1518730795). Has this book been discussed here? (Looks like jayjeti mentioned it once in the thread "What About the Bones", but I don't see any other references to it.)

And here's a report about a BF that apparently used a sharpened stick to kill a deer and a sharp stone to skin it (or dig something out of it; the stone was found in the hide): https://sasquatchchronicles.com/bigfoot-and-hunting-tools/

And in the comments under that story is a comment on Sasquatch Tool Use

"They evidently breed them smart down in Texas. Here’s a book review of “Sasquatch Tool Use,” by David Claerr who discovered a flint core that sasquatches have been chipping off of to make stone cutting tools and hand axes, and he found markings on bones that matched up to those tools. The hand axe was used to help split open bones to reach the marrow.....Here is the book reivew: http://sasquatchresearchers.org/blogs/bigfootjunction/2015/02/11/book-review-of-sasquatch-tool-use/"

• Upvote 1