The Kill Club - part 2

norseman

That's weird.   Dunno.   I was just curious 'cause I saw something odd one time and I was wondering if the details matched.  Nope.   Thanks for expanding on the earlier info, though!  Regarding not recording on the way in, it seems like we all suffer from 20/20 hindsight at times and miss the cool stuff.    All you can do is learn from the "mistake" and hope lightning strikes twice.   Sometimes it does, but for me, it waits long enough I've gotten complacent again.  

MIB

Yeah it was weird  and a bit unnerving and it stopped us from going out that day . We walked a little bit in the woods ( 200 yards at the most) but to be frank I didn't want to run into it

so we called it an early day . . This happened on the first Friday in October and I couldn't bring my self to start

a thread about it because it sounded too crazy . 

• Upvote 1

On 11/18/2017 at 10:29 PM, 7.62 said:

I guess this is a good of thread as any to post this since you asked anything new to report.

I know this is going to sound crazy and that's why I didn't post this when it happened but here go's.

My friend and fellow researcher have been going to the same forest he use to live at but since sold his home and moved closer to his work.

All right here goes. We were driving in to the spot that has many miles of dirt roads all through the forest , some you won't make it through without a 4X4

It was about 10:00 AM  on a cloudy day. We were maybe 1/2 mile down one of the dirt roads when we came around a bend in the road 

and about 100 to 120 yards ahead of us I think I see  a horse walking down the side of the dirt road with no rider . I  say Mark there;s a horse in the road .

Okay this is when it gets strange because it wasn't a horse . At that exact second I said that he hit the brakes , we were only going about 10 or 15 miles an hour .

Now we are both staring at this thing and not saying anything . I snap us out of it and I yell go go get up there . He hits the gas but it moves into the woods.

When we get up to spot I go what the h#ll was that thing . I'm sort of shaking and so is he . We get out of the truck and just keep staring into the woods .

I said Mark what did you see because I wanted to see if he saw what I saw , I gave no description to him at that time. He saw exactly what I saw.

This is what I saw . I saw what appeared to be four legs walking but it was almost walking like a crab walks . The legs were shaped weird . 

The color of it was like a dark brown with the white fur or hair down the legs . We couldn't see a head on it even though it was walking towards

us . The only thing we were of different opinion of was how it walked in the woods. To me it looked like it just sidestep very quickly

but my friend which I found odd said it melted into the woods . Time line wise all this happened in around 4 seconds .

It wasn't something we saw from the corner of our eye of in the shadows of the woods it was in the road. I can tell you this wasn't a deer or a bear or a moose.

Sounds like a Caribou they walk goofy.

BFF Patron

Scat was mentioned and I find it problematic to pin any pile on BF.       The problem being that I fully suspect that bear and BF eat pretty much the same diet much of the year.     If bear scat was definitive,  then one could decide.     But bear scat can be well formed like a human or a runny pile depending on what it has been eating and how much it has been drinking.   .     I have found scat I firmly believe was BF because of the form and size, but I cannot rule out bear at the same time because of the likely diet similarities and the similar size of the animal.      The only reason I have suspected BF is circumstances of the find.    Specifically that it was deposited right in the middle of a trail where I had to travel out to get back to my vehicle.     I cannot imagine a bear would feel compelled to produce a pile so precisely placed for my benefit.    I have seen similar humor expressed at times by BF.    Just bare your butt with one close by watching and you will know what I mean.   

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:27 PM, MIB said:

I didn't.   I should have measured instead of eyeballing it.  I should have straightened it out.   Should have photographed it.   Should have torn into it with a stick rather than just doing an external examination.   What can I say, it was a weird day.   

Bear scat I have seen....I'm calling it Bear scat. Looks similar to a human with a pile of turds of various links and diameters. Presumably depending on the size of the Bear.

SSR Team

Good to hear you're home Norse, even better to hear you're gonna turn your attentions west..;)

8 minutes ago, BobbyO said:

Good to hear you're home Norse, even better to hear you're gonna turn your attentions west..;)

The wolves and griz are bad in the Rockies. I need to find new elk hunting grounds. And I cannot afford out of state tags all the time.

• gigantor unlocked and locked this topic