Bigfoot winter time survival

norseman

3 hours ago, hiflier said:

So, you don't think any of the high tech surveillance array ever detects a Bigfoot anywhere such as the PacNW U.S Canadian border? Not EVER in 50 years? Anyone who thinks this creature is real has to seriously consider that..

Hiflier,

I have no doubt that some border patrol agents might have had an encounter with BF.  However, if she/he does not report up the chain of command, that does not make it a conspiracy.

Case in point is this San Diego border patrol sighting of a "possible" BF captured on thermal imaging scope. 

http://cryptomundo.com/bigfoot-report/former-border-patrol-agent-talks-about-bigfoot-and-dogman-sightings/

The case is written up in this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Out-Foot-Nightly-Patrols-Ghostly/dp/0692488383/

Just to follow-up on my earlier post and expand on what I meant by “personnel management” issues at BFRO.

All BFRO investigators are volunteers. They make phone calls, visit locations, and write reports without any compensation.

Expedition leaders do get some money to pay for gas, food and miscellaneous but not much.

When you lead an organization that depends on volunteers, you still need to manage them (even if they are not employees) and you need to develop plans for:

• recruiting the right people and retention,
  • orienting and training (not just on domain knowledge but also to ensure quality control on their interaction with the public),
  • providing incentives and benefits to being an investigator,
  •  monitoring their performance,
  • resolving disputes,
  • communicating with investigators and sharing best practices, rules, and lessons learned

I think managing volunteer organizations is harder than private companies because you have less leverage on people and in this case the BFRO volunteers are dispersed and semi-independent.

BFRO could greatly benefit from an external review/assessment of their management processes used with volunteer investigators.  But maybe that is a different business model and wishful thinking in my part. 

The growing dissatisfaction with BFRO is why there is large number of independent local and state BF research hobby clubs in the US. Yet, BFRO still has the best database out there (even with all its flaws) and no other national organization is available to replace them.

Edited by Explorer
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Explorer said:

However, if she/he does not report up the chain.......

'If' makes the comment an unknown. Doesn't make the statement wrong you understand- just unsupported.

........that does not make it a conspiracy

Please see my reply above because it doesn't make it an issue that is not kept from the public.

Hiflier,

I have no doubt that some border patrol agents might have had an encounter with BF

To "have no doubt" is one thing, to have knowledge is quite another. The fact that the stories come from a Border Patrol retiree (all of this kind of stuff seems to come from retirees) tells me that the buck just cannot stop there. The book is out (for money of course) now. What? no one in the DOI, BLM, Forest Service, Fish and Wildlife reads it? None of the employees of any government agency asks if any of it is true or do they just laugh it off? I really abhor the word 'conspiracy'; I really do. But Sasquatch IS a national security issue whether anyone else thinks so or not. That said, there is no reason in the world for me to think that people 'up the chain' don't know about the creature. And the knowledge wouldn't just come from Border Patrol either. Surveillance is everywhere Sasquatch is supposed to be. So logic and reason says that Sasquatch is being hushed up.

The reality is that the military gets the first crack at anything. Even the New Horizon probe out at Pluto has a first duty which is defense. It's NASA's duty too first and foremost and for good reason all the way to if a threat might be microbial.  No one's fooling around on that. And no one's fooling around on the Sasquatch front either. There is serious money at stake should the truth of the creature ever publicly see the light of day. So no, no one is fooling around at all and as long as everything public remains in the lower echelons there will never be any threats from Sasquatch economic or otherwise.   

Admin

I completely disagree with the idea that the government can keep any secrets.

There would just be too many people involved, shoot the NSA just lost their hacking tools, the incompetence is just too great and you are giving them too much credit.

• Upvote 1

I'm not suggesting anything new but am more talking about old policies that have been in place. Need an example? We seem to get insights on thing like the Border Patrol from a retiree who wrote a basically paranormal book. Stuff that is long after the fact which points  toward when employed there is some kind of gag order where this information is not publicized in real time. Most of the time it's years or decades later when nothing can be done about it or investigated. Don't ask don't tell policies while someone is actively working for some agency or service. We hear NOTHING from those people. In real time we only hear from public citizens and often the information on reports is, again, years after the fact. Disagree?

But this thread has drifted far enough. Probably should move back onto topic.

Edited by hiflier

8 hours ago, gigantor said:

There would just be too many people involved, shoot the NSA just lost their hacking tools, the incompetence is just too great and you are giving them too much credit.

US Fish and Game plays games with problem Grizzlies and Wolf drops all the time. Plus they fudge numbers. When our hound hunting season was in jeopardy? They told us there was only 5 breeding pair of Cougar is all of Ferry county. Bald faced lie.

Why no whistle blowing? Because I think employees are brainwashed and believe in what they are doing.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Maybe not brain washed but when you have a government pension at stake,    believe in the company line,   and whistle blowers may not be fired but can find themselves transferred to very nasty remote places,    there are many ways to deal with someone with information the government does not want out.   Classified information always has jail time as a reward for blabbing for those in the military.     Part of what I think goes on is compartmentalization.   Only those with the need to know are told directly.    The military uses that technique very effectively.    At times with the military,   even classified information has been withheld from the President and certainly Congress because they always shoot their mouth off.      There are many instances of that going back to before the Second World War.     If others find out on their own, by witnessing a BF,  they can be sworn into secrecy and become, in their own mind, in the inner circle and worthy of higher position,   if they don't blab.    Lower level people can be ridiculed,  and will keep things to themselves.      We see that a lot with law enforcement witnessing of BF.  Peer ridicule is very effective.  

• Upvote 2

BFF Patron

Also,  if you want to try an experiment about most people relative to BF,  at your next party or large social gathering, where you barely know most people,  just mention to a lot of people you have seen BF.   Most cannot withhold a smirk or downright laughter.    Only a very few will ask questions as if they believe you.      That widespread public skepticism is the best thing going for any agency that wants to keep the lid on BF.    People are reluctant to tell anyone even when they don't have a job at stake.      

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, norseman said:

US Fish and Game plays games with problem Grizzlies and Wolf drops all the time. Plus they fudge numbers. When our hound hunting season was in jeopardy? They told us there was only 5 breeding pair of Cougar is all of Ferry county. Bald faced lie.

Why no whistle blowing? Because I think employees are brainwashed and believe in what they are doing.

Is it crazy to think that its easier to get people / gov't workers to fudge the numbers of known carnivores vs. the existence of a large bipedal ape like thing?   I believe there to be a difference in the amount of "cover up"  ability  based directly on the level of sensationalism associated with the information.  Does that make sense, it does in my head.....

4 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Classified information always has jail time

4 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

even classified information has been withheld from the President and certainly Congress

Would Sasquatch be classified? Would public knowledge then be a national security issue? And if yes on both then how does that impact the winter season and their survival since that is the topic here. Are they monitored to make sure they are surviving? Are they monitored to make sure they're dying off? One would think if they are thriving then authorities must know that eventually the truth might become public? In a way this is an important matter because if a group of creatures is around in winter in snow country then tracks will be noticed by private citizens, and sometimes they are. The trackways we have seen photos and videos of are not normal Human trackways. Straight-line large prints with four foot strides that go long distances. As far as authorities go that kind of thing is hard to make go away.

On the survival side I think authorities must at least know how much nutrition the creatures need. Gating off areas in winter might be an attempt to get Sasquatch together in areas with deer or elk herds. Deer and elk roam but are also creatures of habit where their highways are concerned as long as something like fire doesn't rip traditional routes apart. If F&W do monitor Sasquatch then anything that upsets the habitat like a wildfire must send F&G scrambling in order to see where Sasquatch is and where it has decided to hole up for the winter.

Uh, will someone please turn my brain off- at least for a few minutes?

Edited by hiflier

There you go LeafTalker I plussed him for ya !  It not like they just stop roaming in the winter times because they still do. The thing is they just do not frequent the areas they once did due to the snow but you still find their tracks. The tracks you do find well they are not like a big find. It is not like a heard of them moving through like you would find other game. So my guess is that they are going to move in areas where humans are not going to find their tracks in the snow where they might be tracked. They are not dumb creatures and understand that they are being hunted. Summer time they do not worry since it is easy for them to blend in and hide. Just my opinion.

57 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

They are not dumb creatures and understand that they are being hunted. Summer time they do not worry since it is easy for them to blend in and hide. Just my opinion.

And a very good (and informed) opinion it is! Wish I could plus YOU! And thanks for plussing SWWASAS for me. 

And hiflier, I think your brain is working very well viz-a-viz the 'authorities' and their disinclination to tell the truth. It appears they do not tell the truth unless forced to. That is not to say that there aren't many fine and decent people in the employ of the government who are trying to do the right thing, because I think there are many such people. But as SWWASAS is suggesting -- and is very evident, from the many, many stories about this -- threats of job loss, along with compartmentalization, are great tools for keeping people silent. And I think what SWWASAS said about the sense of privilege and specialness that comes from being one of the few 'in the know' is a big factor in the success of compartmentalization. And Norseman's observation that people who do the wrong thing often believe in what they're doing is yet another factor that contributes to the blocking of the flow of information. 

The pattern of government interference with the free flow of information seems pretty clear, to me. But I admit to some ambivalence about fixing this problem, partly because I think the BF themselves have ambivalence about it, and I believe that that should be respected. But it is galling to be lied to, even for 'good' reasons. 

But things will change. The public's patience with being lied to appears to be running out. Look what just happened in Hollywood..... We're moving in the right direction.... The trick will be to try to be kind to those civil servants who really did think they were doing the right thing, at the same time that we stop this practice of hiding the truth from everybody. And the other trick will be to help people not freak out at the truth they learn. Freaking out while sitting in your living room is just as useless as freaking out when you're in the woods. It doesn't help anything. Being calm, though, does. Everyone here knows that they're safe, because they go out into the woods and come home again every day. If those of us who know this can share it with the general public when The Time Comes, we will be doing everybody a big favor.... 

• Upvote 1

SSR Team
On 11/26/2017 at 7:25 AM, gigantor said:

The US Government you mean ? Can't keep secrets ?

Where's the LOL emoticon's these days ? ;)