norseman

Thinker Thunker size comparison of Patty

SweatyYeti

Squatchy wrote:

I think Patty was as tall as the guy who wore the suit, plus a few more inches for the headpiece.

Squatchy imagines a "guy who wore the suit".....50 years after the film was shot, and nobody has come forward....(except for Hoaxer Heironimus.)

:lol:  

Edited by SweatyYeti

Daniel Perez

Thinker Thunker: what a brilliant way of going about trying to determine the height of the film subject in the P-G film. Daniel Perez

Redbone
SSR Team
44 minutes ago, Daniel Perez said:

Thinker Thunker: what a brilliant way of going about trying to determine the height of the film subject in the P-G film. Daniel Perez

Daniel,

Having seen most of your presentation in Nebraska, you have been mentioned a page back. Forgive me for disagreeing with conclusions but also for commenting when I missed the most important part of your presentation (the end).

I feel that that stick is not 100% straight and that we can't use the 26" measurement for anything other than a maximum possible height. If you can correct me, please do so here. Or better yet, please share your own findings so we can discuss.

I didn't proceed on the work I had done for this thread as i hoped to. Like seemingly all others before me I couldn't get the numbers to all work out, and then set it aside for other pursuits. I still hold the opinion that she's about 6'3"

Also at the Nebraska conference, I tried to duplicate Patty's steps (as laid out of the floor) and couldn't do so at 6'2".

Edited by Redbone

Patterson-Gimlin

Thanks for sharing that. I am of the opinion the film subject is a 7 footer. 

The stride is longer than mine and I am 7 '1"

• Upvote 2

Patterson-Gimlin

How do proponents explain the stride if the film subject is a 6' creature 

If this is true the track way has to be faked .

I am over 7' as I said. Size 17 shoe and the stride is longer than mine. 

• Upvote 1

Squatchy McSquatch
On 2018-07-11 at 9:39 PM, SweatyYeti said:

Squatchy wrote:

Squatchy imagines a "guy who wore the suit".....50 years after the film was shot, and nobody has come forward....(except for Hoaxer Heironimus.)

:lol:  

Sweaty you are the Dunning-Kruger effect personified.

:596d4f9c8adce_EmojiSmiley-12:

Twist

^^^^ Had to look that one up,  interesting concept, definitely explains some ppl I know IRL.

• Upvote 1

norseman
BFF Donor

How do you know when your a nerd?

People have to look up your digs in the dictionary!

:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

PBeaton

Or wishes to appear superior usin' them haha ! ;);) 

Squatchy McSquatch
1 hour ago, norseman said:

How do you know when your a nerd?

People have to look up your digs in the dictionary!

:rolleyes:

No nerd here. Just an educated Canadian redneck with a lick of common sense.

norseman
BFF Donor
1 minute ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

No nerd here. Just an educated Canadian redneck with a lick of common sense.

I know alot of rednecks..... and I have never ever heard the “Dunning-Kruger” effect come up in conversation before. Maybe its different in eastern Canada but I doubt it.

Around here if you said it to a redneck?

He wouldnt even know to be offended and punch you in the mouth. It would be blank stares. English please..... Now if you simply called him a BLOWHARD? Everyone would understand what you were driving at. 

Bill

Actually the description of the "Dunning-Kruger" effect perfectly describes the man who brought it into this discussion, and his brethren "over there".  I get embarrassed sometimes reading their critiques of others work and they are so ignorant of the reality of the work, I feel sorry for them. They, of course, think they are geniuses with all the answers to the mysteries of the universe.

• Upvote 3

Redbone
SSR Team

A Facebook post by Igor Burtsev about the PGF anniversary got me going down this path again.

He shared a picture of the PGF filmsite model that was created by Christopher Murphy and one of himself working on the same layout we've discussed here.

990827233_ChrisMurphymodel.thumb.jpg.d355a73c2ce1ae0150adc6aec0a7f34c.jpg1660959610_IBsitelayout.thumb.jpg.76c241927990333f42e5cf9ea1af0ef5.jpg

This led me to look into more from Chris Murphy and I found a video from 2016. The quality of the video is not great but the information is interesting. He talks about using the wood segment to find height starting at 34:34

Christopher Murphy - Meet the Sasquatch: Between the lines & beyond

I know there is a lot of info about the PGF site measurements in Igor's book. I had the book in my hands in September when he was here, but couldn't afford to buy a copy for myself. It's a beautiful book, in both Russian and English. He said that he plans to release an English version in the next year or so that we can get it more affordably.

Murphy's book is still available. I will probably grab a used paperback version from Amazon in the next few weeks.

Meet The Sasquatch by Christopher L. Murphy

The book was discussed here in 2004. I have not read through this thread yet.

https://bigfootforums.com/topic/15721-book-review-of-chris-murphys-meet-the-sasquatch/

PBeaton

Redbone,

There's a newer version of Meet the Sasquatch called Know the Sasquatch, has more to it. I never bought, own the first one, as well as splurged on the autographed hardcopy of it, just couldn't justify buyin' another version, maybe if I see it second hand cheap enough.

See the source image

Pat...

Edited by PBeaton

Squatchy McSquatch
On 7/17/2018 at 7:04 PM, Bill said:

Actually the description of the "Dunning-Kruger" effect perfectly describes the man who brought it into this discussion, and his brethren "over there".  I get embarrassed sometimes reading their critiques of others work and they are so ignorant of the reality of the work, I feel sorry for them. They, of course, think they are geniuses with all the answers to the mysteries of the universe.

Bill you got yourself banned from that site "over there" 6 years ago. Why would you continue to follow its content, to your own chagrin?

Please quit yer bellyachin' and get over yourself.

At least thinkerthunker is trying to to determine the size of Patty. Iirc you've been very quiet on the topic of quantifiable measurements ever since your '4 foot range' fiasco from way back.

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch