norseman

Thinker Thunker size comparison of Patty

Redbone
SSR Team
44 minutes ago, PBeaton said:

There's a newer version of Meet the Sasquatch called Know the Sasquatch, has more to it. I never bought, own the first one, as well as splurged on the autographed hardcopy of it, just couldn't justify buyin' another version, maybe if I see it second hand cheap enough.

Does "Know the Sasquatch" have all the pertinent info from "Meet the Sasquatch" including all the pictures? If not I would be looking to own both I think...

wiiawiwb
On 7/16/2018 at 3:50 PM, Patterson-Gimlin said:

How do proponents explain the stride if the film subject is a 6' creature 

If this is true the track way has to be faked .

I am over 7' as I said. Size 17 shoe and the stride is longer than mine. 

We lift and extend our legs much differently that what is seen in the PGF.  If you look at BH doing his Patty walk, just look at his stride.  Itsy, bitsy, tiny-little steps like a little old lady.  Sadly, that's how all of us walk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCzRBzBmUjE

Contrast that with how Patty dramatically lifts her knees, then reaches out and extends her legs (particularly her lower leg) to seize as much ground in front of her as possible.  Somewhere in BFF this the past month, someone posted a side-by-side pictures of Patty's walk with a human running. They looked identical. Her strides are what you and I would do while running except she's walking.

Extremely efficient ambulatory skills.

Sorry, double posted and had to erase the second post.

Edited by wiiawiwb

Bill

Hello to you too, Squatchy.

It took you three months to find that quote to criticize me. Or you love dredging up anything in the past to launch a criticism.

I'll release my analysis of the height issue when it's done. And I'll do it in my own time, as I deem appropriate. 

But thank you for your concern.

Bill

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

SweatyYeti

PattersonGimlin wrote:

How do proponents explain the stride if the film subject is a 6' creature 

If this is true the track way has to be faked .

I am over 7' as I said. Size 17 shoe and the stride is longer than mine.   

The 'stride length' is easy to explain, even if Patty's 'walking height' was well short of 7'.......(which it was).

Patty's posture creates a large differential between her 'walking height' and her true/full 'body height'. 

Her legs are bent at the knee-joints at every point in her walk, and she has a forward lean of her upper-body. Hence, Patty has a 'zig zag' posture.....which is probably about 7-9" shorter than her full body height. So, if her walking height is/was 6'3"...then her actual body height would be somewhere around 6'10".

Hence.....long legs, and a long stride.  :) 

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Downvote 1

Squatchy McSquatch
45 minutes ago, Bill said:

Hello to you too, Squatchy.

It took you three months to find that quote to criticize me. Or you love dredging up anything in the past to launch a criticism.

I'll release my analysis of the height issue when it's done. And I'll do it in my own time, as I deem appropriate. 

But thank you for your concern.

Bill

Actually Bill, the new forum software removed you from my ignore list and that's how I came to read the post.

No worries. I'll fix that right away.  :)

• Downvote 3

Huntster

........I am over 7' as I said. Size 17 shoe and the stride is longer than mine. 

Wow. 7’1” and a weight lifter? How much do you weigh?

PBeaton

Redbone,

I think it does, can't say for sure, but I do recall the updated version definitely had more images/photos, it's why I wanted it. 

Bill,

He's hilarious eh, haha ! New forum doo hickies...I got ta deliver him my first -, a down vote, haha ! Hopefully he puts you on ignore soon, cause when he responds to you...haha, he sure ain't doin' himself any favours haha ! ;);) 

Pat...

Patterson-Gimlin
19 hours ago, Huntster said:

Wow. 7’1” and a weight lifter? How much do you weigh?

Most of the time around 350

21 hours ago, SweatyYeti said:

PattersonGimlin wrote:

The 'stride length' is easy to explain, even if Patty's 'walking height' was well short of 7'.......(which it was).

Patty's posture creates a large differential between her 'walking height' and her true/full 'body height'. 

Her legs are bent at the knee-joints at every point in her walk, and she has a forward lean of her upper-body. Hence, Patty has a 'zig zag' posture.....which is probably about 7-9" shorter than her full body height. So, if her walking height is/was 6'3"...then her actual body height would be somewhere around 6'10".

Hence.....long legs, and a long stride.  :) 

Thank you for the explanation 

21 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

We lift and extend our legs much differently that what is seen in the PGF.  If you look at BH doing his Patty walk, just look at his stride.  Itsy, bitsy, tiny-little steps like a little old lady.  Sadly, that's how all of us walk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCzRBzBmUjE

Contrast that with how Patty dramatically lifts her knees, then reaches out and extends her legs (particularly her lower leg) to seize as much ground in front of her as possible.  Somewhere in BFF this the past month, someone posted a side-by-side pictures of Patty's walk with a human running. They looked identical. Her strides are what you and I would do while running except she's walking.

Extremely efficient ambulatory skills.

Sorry, double posted and had to erase the second post.

That actually makes sense. Thank you very much for explaining. 

Huntster
On 10/22/2018 at 4:29 PM, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Most of the time around 350........

Do you know how wide your shoulders are? You might fit in a Patty suit.

Patterson-Gimlin

I had my girlfriend measure them. 

She said 26 inches. 

I  can't measure up to the Patterson film subject in that regard.  She is bulkier, heavier and stride is longer.

I am told I am taller. Not sure about that. I believe we are both 7 footers. 

I am only a man. Not a skilled mime in a suit. The question is who  is really in the film? I have no idea. 

wiiawiwb

That's some wide shoulders PG. The average male's shoulders are 26% of height (18 1/4" shoulder width, 5' 10" height).  You are 30.6%.  

hiflier

I was way off P-G. Sorry about that. Your ratio is actually on par with Shaq's. Now think of someone in the 'suit' that has shoulders 4" wider than yours. But here's the rub: They would only be 6 feet tall- not 7. If they were 7 feet like yourself their shoulder with would be at least 8 inches wider than yours. Hard to visualize? Imagine having another pair of arms and shoulders outside of your own. Or imagine your own shoulders 2 inches wider on each side but you are a foot shorter. Dr. Krantz knew all about this in 1995 and yet no one in academia could get their heads around it long enough to jump onto his bandwagon- or anyone else's. And trust me, academia STILL, to this day, will not return my emails on the matter:dontknow:

Patterson-Gimlin

Thanks for the information. Just amazing to think about. I have nothing to contradict what you said. 

Of course I like the other scientists, I Still don't accept the creature. Go figure. Lol 

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin
  • Upvote 1