norseman

Thinker Thunker size comparison of Patty

Patterson-Gimlin
On 6/7/2019 at 1:13 AM, norseman said:

Here is a MK Davis comparison video.

Thanks for sharing. That is the first time I ever saw this. I have always thought the film subject was as tall as me .

Backdoc

Possibly a repeat but a interesting video:

wiiawiwb

Very interesting video. The other aspect of the walk I doubt very much was replicated in the lab test is the 41" step of Patty. 

The actor wore running shorts and sneakers. Have him put on a heavy suit, head piece,  and large footwear (14.5") then try it on sandbar.

OkieFoot
1 hour ago, Backdoc said:

Possibly a repeat but a interesting video:

Bd, I've seen the video before and it's an example of the saying "the devil's in the details." It's one thing to eyeball someone trying to replicate the walk and think they did a good job but when you start doing a more detailed comparison, things start to look different. 

Wiiawiwb also makes a important point about how the subject was on a hard lab floor in shorts and athletic shoes and not on a sandbar in a fur suit. 

SweatyYeti
Posted (edited)

My favorite part of TT's video is where TT points-out Patty's exceptionally low elbow... :) ...

TT-Elbow-F1-B.jpg

Welcome to the Club, TT. What Took Took you so long??  :popcorn: 

Of course, there is also the exceptionally short...or, at the very least....not excessively long, lower-arm...(i.e....'arm extensions')...

F347-F360-ArmBend-Matt-AG1.gif

Here is a good example of what 'arm extensions' can do for you...

King-Kong-Arms-Patty-Comp1.jpg

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Sad 1