Cougar screaming

norseman

Great video Norse, though it doesn't do justice to the volume of the one I heard in the backyard in July of 2014. They definitely get your attention.

• 2 months later...

In October 2011 I started heading back to the car from my stand when I heard these screams.   But the DNR states clearly on their website that Michigan does not have cougars, LOL  ^_^

Side note:   Cougar screams/growls do not sound anything like Sasquatch.   ( at least not in any of my experiences )

Edited by NathanFooter

1. MICHIGAN NEWS

DNR confirms cougar sighting near Lansing

Updated on June 29, 2017 at 2:04 PM Posted on June 29, 2017 at 1:15 PM

23008554-mmmain.jpg

kshares

CLINTON COUNTY, MI -- The state says it has confirmed the presence of a cougar in Michigan's Lower Peninsula.

The Michigan Department of Natural Resources says the cougar was photographed near the Rose Lake State Wildlife Area in Bath Township by a 21-year old Haslett man in the early hours of June 21.

The man spotted the cougar in his headlights as it attempted to cross a road. He took a photograph as the cougar turned back from the road into an area of thick vegetation.

Where it came from isn't known, but the DNR says it's the first time the large cat species has been verified in lower Michigan.

2 hours ago, Wolfjewel said:

1. MICHIGAN NEWS

DNR confirms cougar sighting near Lansing

Updated on June 29, 2017 at 2:04 PM Posted on June 29, 2017 at 1:15 PM

23008554-mmmain.jpg

kshares

CLINTON COUNTY, MI -- The state says it has confirmed the presence of a cougar in Michigan's Lower Peninsula.

The Michigan Department of Natural Resources says the cougar was photographed near the Rose Lake State Wildlife Area in Bath Township by a 21-year old Haslett man in the early hours of June 21.

The man spotted the cougar in his headlights as it attempted to cross a road. He took a photograph as the cougar turned back from the road into an area of thick vegetation.

Where it came from isn't known, but the DNR says it's the first time the large cat species has been verified in lower Michigan.

Cool, guess I am behind on the times of my state.      Not the first pictures provided to the DNR and I doubt they would admit that there is a breeding population ( there is ) in central/northern MI.

• gigantor unlocked this topic