Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Roger's medical condition

Bill

I am wondering if anyone has specific information about Roger's medical condition (Hodgkin's Lymphoma)  before the PGF was filmed, his treatments, his possible remission, etc. I don't have the information available to me right now, and I'd like to reconstruct his diagnosis, treatment, and reoccurance. But if possible, if you provide any info, please identify if your info can be sourced, or is simply "I heard somewhere. . ."  I would prefer sourced, but am open to what others heard, read, or think.

Thanks for any info on this specific topic.

Bill

Squatchy McSquatch

Patricia Patterson would be your best bet.

Bigfoothunter

Green and Gimlin have mentioned to me independently of one another that Roger had a bout of Hodgkins Lymphoma and had been treated for it prior to the PGF. I had also been told that he had relapsed. Roger thought that his eating healthy and taking certain vitamins might cure his illness, if not prolong his life until a cure could be found. Hodgkins has been said to be one of the slower growing of cancers. I had symptoms of the disease for more than a year before it had been clinically diagnosed.

Patterson-Gimlin
On 12/29/2017 at 7:55 PM, Bigfoothunter said:

Green and Gimlin have mentioned to me independently of one another that Roger had a bout of Hodgkins Lymphoma and had been treated for it prior to the PGF. I had also been told that he had relapsed. Roger thought that his eating healthy and taking certain vitamins might cure his illness, if not prolong his life until a cure could be found. Hodgkins has been said to be one of the slower growing of cancers. I had symptoms of the disease for more than a year before it had been clinically diagnosed.

I am very sorry to hear that. Horrible disease.

Bigfoothunter
On 1/2/2018 at 0:29 AM, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I am very sorry to hear that. Horrible disease.

It was a different time back then. Better drugs to battle cancer with these days. And whether detected early or not is often a determining factor when it comes to ones chances with survival. I have beaten that disease twice now. Last remission was almost 25 years ago.

SweatyYeti

^

That's great, Bill... :thumbsup:  :)  

• Upvote 1

Daniel Perez

Perhaps the most amount of information on Roger Patterson's on going medical issues can be found in Mike McLeod's Anatomy Of A Beast.