gigantor

Netflix - Discovering Bigfoot

SWWASAS

I doubt that whoever produces a BF body will make much money from it.    The only money in BF now is adventure expeditions,  conferences for the conference producer,  and those that sell books, casts, T-shirts, and memorabilia.   The discovery of the Coelacanth was a big deal scientifically but the discoverer did not make much of anything from it.    Sure the BF body producer might get invited to conferences for a while, but it is likely the conference will disappear to when the species is accepted by science.   I would guess his history will play out much like Justin Smeja has.       Of course Smeja's  circumstance might have been better if DNA tests have come out something other than bear.      The danger there is I think it highly likely a BF body will be confiscated by some government agency either state or federal.   If that happens the results of DNA testing could very well end up the same as it did for Smeja.    I guess you both could commiserate over drinks the rest of your life.  

Arvedis

I can't imagine any credible scientist wasting time with Smeja but why not if they can spin it and sell it on cable TV. That's where the money is.

SWWASAS

Smeja has had some appearances on various shows.  I would assume he made some money from them.    An internet search shows that Les Stroud net worth is 5.5 million.   

Edited by SWWASAS

bipedalist
BFF Donor
On 8/29/2018 at 10:08 PM, Daniel Perez said:

A complete fraud in my view.

Ditto, Arvedis you need to do your due diligence on the Standing story, starting with squatch detective hall of shame status and background data on the fraudster.

http://squatchdetective.weebly.com/todd-standing--sylvanic.html

Sure Standing invaded an active area, the rest of it is pure showmanship, minus a few stick formations.  John Bindernagel backed away from him at the last second so I give him a measure of backbone in the end.  There was a reason he slept through it all independent of his health status I am sure.

Arvedis

I'm not sticking up for Todd and it would be hard to not be aware of the criticism directed at him.  However, he is an actual researcher in the field or at least he was when he had a research area to go to.  He has numerous flaws, as everyone is aware. 

A real filmmaker would make a better product.  Look at Tom Biscardi and his operation.  That is a fraud in every sense of the word.  Yet, he sells DVDs and makes a living off it.  Show me an idiot who would believe any of Biscardi's content and you have a very gullible audience.  And he has the stones to go into the heart of silicon valley and pitch his BS to investors, put his lametard operation on the stock exchange :o, all of this with the full and complete awareness that he has hitched his wagon to Rick Dyer's scam.

Biscardi is a pro fraud in action and he can talk his way out of a paper bag.  Todd on the other hand has made no real traction other than ridicule and has produced some very limited quality output,. When he puts himself out there in any manner he can't sustain it because he's not capable of doing anything professional even poorly  Like I said, he's packing fish somewhere, not making BF films for a living (or maybe now he is skating by for a bit with Discovering Bigfoot stream revenue).

It takes brains to be a BF fraudster and make it stick.  Other than the muppets which was clearly a desperate gambit for attention grabbing, his risks have been pretty tame by comparison. 

ShadowBorn
BFF Donor

Todd is an advocate for the preservation of the species. The last thing he will do is try to kill one, even if it meant making him rich (which it wouldn't)

If he is a true advocate for this creature then he would be doing it a favor to shoot one  for the preservation of the species. If I ever get a chance and I know I am safe but my life is in total danger to shoot one I would. By safe I mean that there are not more of them where I am going to be ripped apart but I know that there is only one creature that is threatening my life. If I have the proper fire power to take it down I would and would do my best to preserve it's body so that it may be studied with out it being confiscated. If I was to be thrown in jail for doing some thing that the world should have a need to know about, then so be it. It would be a price well payed knowing that I was not a fool.

Stop tracing my heart,
With your dirty finger
I smell blood, on your murderous hands

Get out of my face,
You don't belong here
Your breath smells like of dead

Leave me alone,
I owe nothing to a freezed mind
Not even good words of wisdom

Reap your deeds,
Screams, begging and hurts
Is all I hear, from your silent posture

How many deaths,
And whose paying for all this kills
It's all noted, in the hells receipt

Payback time will come,
Your screams and moans
Will never be enough for those souls...

Seema Jul 31
  • Upvote 1

ExTrumpet

Finally watched this...the shot at the end was interesting, worthy of further study.

Arvedis
10 hours ago, ExTrumpet said:

Finally watched this...the shot at the end was interesting, worthy of further study.

What is the shot?  All I remember of the last several minutes was Todd in strange face paint and ghillie suit and of course sunglasses explaining step by step how he ran out of battery power.  Yet, somehow he was able to eke out a still shot of one of the muppets.

Arvedis
On 8/31/2018 at 3:27 PM, SWWASAS said:

Smeja has had some appearances on various shows.  I would assume he made some money from them.    An internet search shows that Les Stroud net worth is 5.5 million.   

A few shekels for Smeja.  I'm not sure what to make of those internet "net worth" sites.  I was curious what the american chopper guys were worth and it is really low by comparison.  

Well regardless,we are all obviously in the wrong line of work.

gigantor
8 hours ago, Arvedis said:

I'm not sure what to make of those internet "net worth" sites.  I was curious what the american chopper guys were worth and it is really low by comparison. 

Yeah, it's not how much you make, it's how much you keep.

• Upvote 1

PBeaton

Found this this aft, only skimmed through it, really not a fan of even listenin' to Standing. Not the best image quality an the end gets cut off, sorry, not my fault, just a heads up is all.

At least I got to see what Jeff mentioned, when he mentions he can't help thinkin' he's lookin' into the eyes of a living create. From the early adds/clips I had seen, I was left dumb founded thinkin' he was talkin' bout Standings muppets. I wont spoil it if you haven't seen it.

:popcorn::drinks: