SRN- The Sasquatch Research Network

hiflier

Update: Two more people in my area contacted me. Potentially setting up an initial meeting sometime during the October 12th-14th weekend. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2018 at 3:46 PM, Redbone said:

Forest Ape Response Team..... F A R T

I would like to be an Alaskan FARTer. :) My schedule is spotty, but for much of the thawed part of the year, I can respond quickly to a report within the railbelt and south central coast of Alaska, including fairly remote areas, and even spend a couple weeks in the field to test a report site. I would consider personally funding an air taxi or boat charter to extremely remote sites statewide. I would gladly build a top quality evidence kit at my own expense. I’m not well equipped or skilled photographically, but I sure am with regard to carcass collection. I would consider a report up to a week old as “fresh”. I would reserve the right to judge reports for worthiness before expending my money, time, and effort to follow up on them. 

I am willing to to discus this with other Alaskan Bigfoot website operators and Bigfoot researchers.

• Upvote 3

SE Alaska IS the spot! Huntster we need to get you a gopro camera and a drone. Would love to see your footage!

Good job Hiflier on putting your plan into action!

1 minute ago, norseman said:

SE Alaska IS the spot! Huntster we need to get you a gopro camera and a drone.........

I’ve been needing a drone, anyway. :) I’ll buy one for myself if I start getting hits on this network. 

A report would have have to be a good one for me to pay for a southeast investigation, but yeah, that would be the to-go place.

4 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I’ve been needing a drone, anyway. :) I’ll buy one for myself if I start getting hits on this network. 

A report would have have to be a good one for me to pay for a southeast investigation, but yeah, that would be the to-go place.

I posted up my se ak squatching boat in the field section!

....a call may NEVER come in but the point is to have something in place with people ready to go should that call ever materialize.

-----------

Success occurs when preparation intercects opportunity.

Hiflier, I posted a craigslist ad a couple weeks back, just to see if there was anyone in this area interested and did get some responses, two exactly.

I would be happy to post some more and set something up in this area.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Caenus said:

Hiflier, I posted a craigslist ad a couple weeks back, just to see if there was anyone in this area interested and did get some responses, two exactly.

I would be happy to post some more and set something up in this area.

Hey, gotta start somewhere right? Just keep reposting the ad and eventually the roster will grow. I posted in 'groups' as well as the musicians community being a musician myself. Most of the responses came from the musician's community. What I am going to do is post a questionnaire here that may help get things started should a sighting happen and that way anyone can go meet the witness and conduct an interview.

Another thing regarding a group of people from a surrounding area. Each one must know the terrain in which they live to include all thing topographical like valleys, ravines, culverts, bridges and anything else that a creature could use as a hidden avenue for exiting the sighting location. These things can then be scouted from the road as members patrol the roads around the encounter.

The group should be in place and everyone should have met everyone long before a contact phone number is advertised. Otherwise there is a great potential for the whole thing to fall apart. There is an order to things and common sense will dictate what that order is. Build slow and get to know the people you are trusting a bit before going public. There will be no bosses or leaders and that is a point that many stumble over.

People are used to dealing with some kind of organized entity and the SRN is anything but. It is strictly a local idea and any member of a cell can start their own further away from the initial one any time they wish. I will post this again to show graphically what different cells may look like if mapped out to show each one's autonomy. some people in one group CAN be part of another depending on where they are located or the geography of the area like say, mountains

Overlapping Circles-739x1024.jpg   

• Upvote 1

I wanted to edit my post but I can't. I wanted to add, I meant no disrespect on using the word fiction for the book.

You have obviously thought this out quite a bit and have an ideal ending in your head should it work. I'm sure there would be people interested in a fictional (as in it hasn't happened yet) account on how this could play out. 

• Upvote 1

^^ That is actually not a bad idea NatFoot. Writing up a fictional narrative as an example of how things might work if a witness were to call in may go a long way in showing how the Network might respond.I have already started the format for dialoging with a witness and am working on the questionnaire. Maybe I will include those in the write-up? And oh, BTW, I took your post as you wished it to be taken so it's all good ;) Thank you for the tip.

On 10/3/2018 at 7:40 PM, hiflier said:

Ok, here is what I think should be the protocol when contacted by a witness to a Class A encounter: SRN Witness Protocols.odt

And here is the questionnaire: SRN Witness Questionnaire.odt

Any suggestions for changes are more than welcome :) 

I like it. I assume the interview is taking place while other members are starting the search?

Thanks, and yes. The info regarding which direction the 'whatever-it-was-that-they-saw' was going should be received from the witness during the first phone call. If a meeting is agreed upon, then and only then, will that info be passed on to the members doing the search so as not to send them out on a hoax. A face to face meeting must happen for the actual searching begin.

In a perfect world? The searchers would be pretty much in place by the time the witness meeting takes place. In reality the meeting may be a little earlier or a little later depending on its actual location so timing the meeting and the searching will more than likely never be synchronous. People have lives and so some will not be able to join in on the search- or the person closest to the witness's locale will be unavailable so someone further away will have to do the interview. So there needs to be a sort of built-in flexibility to everything. It is why knowing the direction the creature was heading after the encounter could be rather critical as far as available resources to do the follow up go.  

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic