Sign in to follow this  
Squatchy McSquatch

Bluff Creek Pre-PGF: "Very large, definitely human tracks."

Squatchy McSquatch

Article from Oct 8 1958 Fresno Bee

What I highlighted:

"Corbett said he and another taxidermist Robert Titmus of Anderson Calif. inspected the tracks [25miles north of Weitchpec]"    -- [Titmus not directly quoted, but still a part of It All... no monkey yet]

"very large, definitely human tracks."    -- [not monkey.]

etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...

etcetera.gif

"The story behind this is that there was a mentally deficient Indian boy who was kept chained by his parents." Corbett said.  When this boy was 17 years old, 28 years ago, he broke the chains and disappeared. The Indians found his clothes but never saw him again. They said he had extremely large feet."    -- [very detailed and offensive account of the tracks, but still no mention of monkey]

"must be 6 foot 7 inches tall to 7 foot 6 inches tall" [juxtaposition of no monkey yet]

"he made firm footprints in hard ground" ;) [so did I]  :596d4f9c8adce_EmojiSmiley-12:

"I know positively this is a human being.  It seems logical that it is this Indian who disappeared and is living wild. He does his travelling at night. He has not molested anyone. We learned these tracks have been appearing for the past 10 years."    -- [10 years, no molestation,  no monkey]

"Corbett said Titmus is preparing to set up camera traps in an effort to obtain a photo of Bigfoot."    --[Titmus set trap wire cameras that never caught a photo of BigFooT]

thefirstevaluationofbluffcreektracksprepgfpremonkeytitmusimplicated.JPG

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch

Patterson-Gimlin

Interesting . Thanks for sharing

Squatchy McSquatch

You're welcome P-G

I've got another version of the same article from a different newspaper. Just have to remember where I filed the darn thing.

It seems like this conclusion was made wrt one of the very first Jerry Crew tracks.

PBeaton

"very large, definitely human tracks."    -- [not monkey.]

Sasquatch tracks are still described as humanlike. I find it funny, 16 inches long, 7 inches across the ball, 5 across the heel, 50 inch stride as apposed to a 6' 4" guys 30 inch stride, estimated at 400lbs...sounds like our furry friends to me haha !

"must be 6 foot 7 inches tall to 7 foot 6 inches tall" [juxtaposition of no monkey yet] 

Huh ! Possibly 7 foot 6 inches tall...interestin'... ;);) 

"he made firm footprints in hard ground" ;) [so did I]  :596d4f9c8adce_EmojiSmiley-12: 

Squatchy McSquatch, didn't you show us one of your boot print sledge hammered into the ground, that is nothin' at all like what is described in your article, they measured the tracks for over 60 feet to come up with the average stride of 50 inches ! 

Your " [so did I] " is Image result for crazy emoji gif

A few more ol' articles, even predatin' the possible young giant Native with big feet suggested ! ;);) 

early news articles.jpg

early news articles2.jpg

newspaper_article_1800s_petersburg_va.gif

• Upvote 1

SweatyYeti

Here is a little something, from a newspaper... :) ...

Time1.jpg

This could be a fun thread. 

• Upvote 2

SweatyYeti

^

I just hope his 2nd trip worked out o.k., Pat....(you know, without disrupting the future, too much.)   :drinks: 

Squatchy McSquatch

Thanks to Pat and Patterson-Gimlin for responding to the thread :)

I find the various documentations of the Bluff Creek Area very interesting.

In particular interest, to me anyway, is the shift from 'mentally deficient chained-up Native kid' to full blown monkey. The former was very specific and gave a definitive  age range and possible location to the story. The latter is a big undiscovered monkey-looking fella/female.

At the very least it makes me aware of Bob Titmus and Al Corbett. Very early on in the Bigfoot game. WEHT Al Corbett? 

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch

Backdoc

The 1970s saw Bigoot appear on the 6 million Dollar Man.   There was some dumb show about a boy raised in the wild in LUCAN.   Seems people had wild people/animals on there mind in the 1970s.

this old school stuff is interesting.  Seems a lot of papers back in the horse and buggy days had cowboys killing flying dinosaurs.

Now days bigfoot is thought to be an animal that can sell beef jerkey.  We have a backstory about what we think Bigfoot eats, sleeps, talks and so on and we don't even have one to know.  Wild boys raised by wolves seems to have quieted down.

who knows what inspires various generations

Edited by Backdoc

Cotter

Did they find the body of this 7 foot large footed naked Indian?

If not, doesn't exist, never did.

Maybe he was the guy in the suit.....hmmm.....

• Upvote 1

SweatyYeti

^

They did, Cotter......turned out, the Indians found him...

Indiana_Wild_Man.jpg

This should be a fun thread.  :)

Edited by SweatyYeti

xspider1

Good point, Cotter.  And, some great references above, PBeaton!  Not sure how Corbett determined that 16" by 7" tracks at Weitchpec, CA were "definitely human", I just have to say that the OP and the Fresno Bee article did not exactly convince me of that  ;)  (sounds more like a "Bigfoot" than an Indian.)

• Upvote 1

norseman

The wild Indian angle was covered in this doc.

• Upvote 1

Backdoc

^^^

Looks like the Vanc. Canada area looks like a bit of a hotspot at least on this show.

I see BFH in the newspaper article at the 4:30 mark.

Interesting there were not one but two sightings in the same area the same night an hour apart.

Edited by Backdoc

Sign in to follow this