Cotter

New BF Video from Canada

JKH

I think that's relatively old, from a few years ago, a cool one though.

Carnivore

Yeah, this video has been around for some time. I just came across it again on YouTube the other day.

Here is a post of it from back in 2014:

Cotter

Thx folks.  *bangs head*

After some digging I did see that it was an old video (for some reason picked back up recently).  

Oh well, I suppose it's new if you haven't seen it yet.

Carnivore

The website just posting it now seems kind of odd considering the age of the video. I feel like the website would have taken it from a source where they could see that it wasn't a new video. Perhaps they are a little desperate for content to post. Either way, I'm sure some people who haven't seen it will eventually wander into this thread. I don't remember seeing a thread for this video on here as I came across it randomly on YouTube back when I originally saw it. 

OkieFoot

I remember seeing this video maybe a year ago. What I remembered about the video was the snow and the river and you could see something that appeared to be leaned over at the edge of the woods, then straightening up and disappearing into the woods; and one of the witnesses saying "That is not a human."

It's always said the camera makes distances seem longer and it's hard to tell much from the video, but I'm guessing with the naked eye, and due to the comment it wasn't a human, the subject's size, and maybe along with it's color, must have been what caught their attention. And because of the comment it must have appeared to be something on two legs. 

It would have been interesting to put a human in the same spot as the subject to see how their sizes and height compare. 

gigantor

I hadn't seen it before. Good video, I like it.

Thanks for posting it.

Carnivore

@OkieFoot

It's too bad there never seemed to be anything said by the people who saw it/recorded the video. As you mentioned, a camera with a wide lens will make everything seem further away than what it was in reality. They most likely got a pretty good look at it and could speak about details that the video doesn't provide. This is all assuming it's not a hoax that they were in on, though. 

Airdale

With regards to the subject being a moose, no adult that I've seen in the wild or in photos have been anything but a very dark brown verging on black, while the subject in the video is the rich auburn often reported in Sasquatch sightings. Also, of the moose I've observed in the wild that reacted at all, it was a glance in my direction while they continued feeding. Of the folks I know who have had a reaction, it has always been in cases where they surprised one, usually while on horseback, and it reacted aggressively. The family was obviously a considerable distance away and unlikely to be perceived as a threat to a moose. I snipped the following two images from the video and ran them through PhotoZoom Pro 6 to reduce the digital artifacts, then adjusted exposure in my photo editing software. The first shows what appears to be a primate like posterior, while the second could be shoulders and head, with the head angled forward. I've always thought this was a legitimate video though this is the first time I've invested any time in closer analysis.

Alberta 6 (resized).jpg  

Alberta 2 (resized).jpg

• Upvote 1

Carnivore

@Airdale

I agree that it really doesn't appear to be a moose. I think that if it was a moose in the video it would have been quite obvious. There is a moment in the video where the figure stands up and turns and does not look like something on four legs. Also, once it enters into the brush there is a quick glimpse of what looks like an arm in the sunlight that swings in behind the figure. For me, it's one of those videos that seems to either be a person in a costume or the real thing. There's no other animal that seems plausible when examining the video closely. 

Airdale

I noticed the arm also and captured a screen shot, but was unable to enhance the image enough to make out anything. As far as a person in a suit goes, the movement is too fluid and the acceleration exhibited as it moves back through the trees makes that next to impossible, IMHO.

NatFoot

Thanks for that airdale. The buttocks to me also looked like the back of an elk.

However, the one still you provided does not look like an elk or moose.

Airdale

Pleasure NatFoot. Most of the videos I see these days don't garner my attention, but the context as well as the subject of this one is intriguing. While I agree that the hind end is suggestive of wapiti, and I see plenty of them in and near my yard, the coloration outside the highlights is not that of a prey animal. If the video was made in early morning or late afternoon with the sun's rays striking at a shallow angle and warming the image, it could be accounted for that way. But the sun is at a about a 45 degree angle judging by the shadows on the family members at the beginning, and with the clean winter air not adding any tints, it renders the auburn colored hair accurately. 

And as mentioned in my previous post, the reaction of the video subject doesn't fit the circumstances. I've stepped out our lower back door that opens to the back yard within 50 feet of a grazing elk without bothering him in the slightest, and these animals are part of a herd that is hunted every year. The reaction I see here is of a creature that, though an alpha predator in it's own right, finds itself in the presence of one substantially more dangerous and possesses the intellect to recognize the fact. I honestly believe this to be the real deal.

Edited by Airdale

Patterson-Gimlin

I remember this video. Thanks for sharing. I like it. Nothing can be learned from it, but there never is.