Handling A Sasquatch Find

hiflier

How long did the Biscardi circus go on?  It hit some major media outlets and Biscardi wasn’t swooped up by the governments black SUV’s that I’m aware of.  

I have a hard time believing there would be black SUV’s or helicopters swooping in if a BF was found.  Sure the gov’t would get involved and it would be a circus but I don’t thinks it would be Men in Black level stuff.

BFF Patron

Personally I don't want anyone to show up.    Even state DNR might mean legal troubles.     

^ Agreed 100%.  They will undoubtedly show up and as is par for the course when the gov’t gets involved, it will be uncomfortable lol.   

2 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

I like the Sargent Shultz approach.    "I know nothing!"

Me too. And in my case, it's pretty much true LOL.

Maybe the Members of Bigfoot Forums could get a YouTube channel up and going and putting some quality short or lengthy documentary's on Bigfoot research. Funds raised would go towards legal and laboratory cost of bringing in a dead Sasquatch that can be studied and preserved. A hotline would have to be set up for anyone with information on a dead Bigfoot. Naturally there would have to be a reward for an actual body. The funds that are raised would have to be invested just like a 401 retirement plan or something like that which would be managed professionally. The more that is raised, the more enticing it will be for someone to call it in, a dead Bigfoot. A  Bigfoot Forums team will be in place ready to go. This team will be well trained by practicing mock drills. Maybe four to five teams nation wide that will cover different sectors for quicker response time. If for some reason I came across a dead Bigfoot while out hiking, I would be more at ease knowing I had a hotline I could call instead of me trying to figure out what to do. It just makes sense to go this route.

Edited by MindSquatch

BFF Patron

A reward for a body is a bad idea.     First of all you are assuming that BF is an animal.  You offer a reward for something that turns out to be in the human family tree or a human hybrid and you will have violated a stack of laws for just offering money to kill one.               Even if BF is an animal it is likely endangered and the poachers out there would think nothing about shooting several to get one body for cash.     A team to recover an already dead body might be a better approach.    If you involved some university scientists that would be even better.   Perhaps a sympathetic  law enforcement officer would rather give the body to someone to study than give it to DNR to for an anonymous burial  with a backhoe.   Send flyers around to law enforcement agencies so they know who to call.    I have the feeling that some in law enforcement know about the cover up.   BF have  have been killed or injured with trucks and cars,     I looked through past reports involving vehicle killing or injuring BF and in just Washington State found 5 reports.   The officer calls it in and DNR or Forest Service shows up to take care of the body,   and the officer watches it being hauled off.    Then instead of hearing about scientists findings weeks or months later the officer hears nothing.   Every officer in these cases knows there is a cover up and he is part of it.   

I think it would be very challenging to get a Bigfoot find of any physical evidence, including a complete, full body out to the media in a fair hearing.

There is a real vested interest in keeping BF under wraps.  Science, religion and business can all agree on this, imo.

I would probably, at a minimum, remove a pinky finger for DNA analysis.  And perhaps dissect the creature into several pieces to distribute to like-minded

researchers.  I would not be in a rush to release the body...might wait for a more favorable time.

This is getting a little ahead of things IMO. As an example, distributing pieces to researchers. And while I'm not criticizing that I do think it's easier said than done. If something like that is the intent then it HAS to be planned out ahead of time. NO ONE should just call a researcher, or go on their website, or email them telling whomever they are that one has 'samples' to give them. If I was a researcher and someone called me and said they had Sasquatch parts to give to me not only would I refuse them I would play dumb on the phone or not respond to the email and if I did it would be to tell them they have the wrong person.

I'm simply not getting the impression that anyone knows just how SERIOUS something like that would be. IF someone should find any Sasquatch remains then there MUST be a protocol to follow if the find is a complete surprise that no one planned for in the first place. If I was the one who found a Sasquatch carcass then I must have had a procedure in mind for such a case. If I had no plan in place before I found the specimen then this is what I would do. And it make take all day to do it. Salvage a small piece that number one didn't look Human. No head, no hand, no finger, ear, foot or toe. Just a piece of something non descript. Once done I would then spent whatever time it took to pile rocks, as heavy as I could muster and move- put them one at a time in my pack if I had to get them from say a stream of something, and cover the body. It would be risky to not touch anything if it was too late in the day and just return the next day to follow this procedure but it might be best to do just that.

So pile the body over with rocks. Mainly because I probably wouldn't go back to that site for weeks if not months. But I would have my sample or two, frozen if tissue, not frozen of course, if it was hair. I would have no bones anywhere except "out there" under the rock pile. This is the first thing I would do and then.......do nothing. I would keep visiting the area on trails, and maybe even camp a time or two but NEVER return to the rock pile. The idea is to make all of my trips in look normal, even the day of the find will blend in as being just me going into the woods normally. Each time I would stay and wander around for at least eight hours if it was a day trip in order to make it seem that my length of time piling rocks on the remains was typical of my visits. It's a serious undertaking and so it will require serious time and patience to keep everything about my actions looking ordinary. 

And that's only the long beginning of things to come.

BFF Patron

That may or may not work.    My concern would always be some BF is watching me examining the body from the tree line.    I think I found a BF grave one time.    Right size and shape in a lahar of large rocks.  Obvious rectangular shape and it appeared to be stacked and fitted rocks.      At one end was a delicately balanced rock stack that could not have formed by nature.   Looked like a bird.       All the time I was there,  I felt like I was being watched.    May have been paranoia maybe not.    But I photographed the "grave" and left it alone.    Anyway the lack of bodies laying around might have a reason.     If BF care for their dead, as humans have done for millennia, then messing with a body might be very dangerous if relatives catch you  with it.    If the BF is dead, they are not going to know that you did not shoot it.    If you did shoot it, and they saw that, you are soon to be dead.   

Thom Powells story about the BF grave in his fictional book is not entirely fiction.   When I asked him about it, he told me that not only was it not totally fiction but he was involved somehow.    

I think trouble only starts once you get the body or body parts and transport it.       Meldrum told me that if he had his choice of parts, he would like the head first choice.     Second choice would be the femur bone.   The way it is articulated tells a scientist that the creature is bipedal.    I think hand or foot was next.   Grizzly even thinking about hacking up a human like creature even if I had nothing to do with the death.    Those that think DNA is the answer are going to be very surprised.   Some non- descript lump of meat tissue sample is going to turn out to be unknown.  Or if you send it to Sykes, he will say it is a bear.     You better at least have an intact hand that can be studied along with the DNA.    The hand and it's DNA together would be hard for science to ignore.  

And some state or Federal government agency is going to show up and take away what you still have.    If you lie about what you have,  or don't have,   you will go to jail.   Ask Martha Stewart about how that goes down.  

Sasquatch burying their dead would b an issue in which case there wouldn't be a carcass to find in the first place. If there IS a carcass to find then it got somehow missed or forgotten or was a lone creature that was not part of a group. Yep, all assumptions, and will continuous to BE assumptions until the creature can be verified well enough to launch a study. And with all due respect, Dr. Meldrum has not thought this through. Bring him a head indeed! Piece of cake? Not on your life it isn't. And is he ready to go undercover to do what it takes to help get the specimen to science?  Because once the sample is tested assurances must be in place that securing the body/skeleton will be done- publicly- or as far as I'm concerned, those remains can stay under that pile of rocks forever.

If I was to deliver a sample it would be done face to face without a phone call ahead of time. It would be handed over with a letter in an envelope without one word uttered. The letter would explain everything and also explain why I didn't speak. Then I would just leave and hope for the best. No name, no phone number, and just let the scientist who received the sample deal with it as she or he sees fit. It just can't be a phone call with "HEY DOC, I GOTTA PIECE OF A SASQUATCH THAT I WANT YOU TO EXAMINE" because 'THEY' will get to him long before I do and then it will be good-bye to any public disclosure. Just for the sake of discussion in this thread I will include here a short excerpt from my book. It's only a broad outline and all points 1-10 would each have numerous fine details to work out but it's a general protocol. The chapter this list comes out of goes into greater depth:

1) The entire plan, beginning to end, must be designed and in place before any initial contact of team members. All elements need to be in place including a scientist at a reputable accredited institution.

2) Do not call or email any potential any team members asking them to join. Ask them in person only- no exceptions.

3) Inform them to always communicate back the same way and tell them why- so that there is no digital record of the plan.

4) Initially no one but the actual team members must know of the plan. No one should ever discuss it with anyone else- even after the specimen has been delivered and everyone is securely at home.

5) Always take at least one team member when scouting out in the field. Phone calls are fine at this point if code words are used. Keep calls to a normal minimum and again, no emailing.

6) Outline the plan to members in person, either individually or as a group. Start a Friday night card get together or something similar to disguise the true nature of the meetings. All TV's and computers should be unplugged and shut down, and all phones turned off.

7) Share and discuss reports and scouting trips along with reading topo maps. Learn to use the electronic devices along with the computer cameras but only with the computer's Wi-Fi switched off.

8 )  Work on finding some trusted people who will monitor the team's safe and timely returns. Those few people cannot know why the team is even in the field. No calls will be made when any team members go on the road.

9) When in the field all phones and all GPS devices should be off- to be turned on only in the case of necessity or an emergency.

10) No phone calls, emails or text messages on the way out of the woods with a specimen, to or from the transport vehicle, or to the facility. The scientist should be set up to receive the specimen on any day and at any time during normal hours- no odd hours of the day or night. If a call is absolutely necessary use a code word.

Edited by hiflier

I've been reading a keeping my mouth shut for awhile....but...

C'mon dude. :rolleyes:

If the govt is using those types of resources to keep us, and squatch, quiet--then it is almost certainly ET.

Edited by NatFoot
  • Upvote 1

If the government is using those types of resources then it means there's billions in profits and revenues at stake. Employment in the forest industry alone is over 930,000 jobs, payroll over $54 billion, sales not counting lumber over $280 billion dollars, Lumber and building materials over 1.3 billion. recreation on public lands almost $650 billion with over 6 million jobs. All rolled into one? About a trillion dollars and almost 7 million jobs worth almost $400 billion in taxable income. Also, two thirds of all forested land in Alaska and the lower 48 is timberland. I would say one wouldn't need Aliens as a reason to keep things quiet in the least. 

Edited by hiflier

And yet their whole cover could be blown by one crossing the road and being hit or caught on dashcam.  BF, if reports are to be believed, is darn near nationwide.  I don’t buy a conspiracy or coverup of the magnitude described above.  Maybe just general consensus to not acknowledge or speak about it.  

• Upvote 1

Given the fact that there still isn't a documented specimen despite the numerous reports of BF shootings and BF roadkill, one does have to lean toward concluding that there is ongoing cover-up that suppresses evidence and delegitimizes individuals who present such evidence.  Is the cover-up proactive or just reactive?  Who knows!?!

I think the one absolute rule is to never alert or report your discovery to authorities or to any government agency.   And a well planned, coordinated, media roll could work by getting the cat so far out of the bag, the powers that be couldn't get it back in.  Granted, such a media campaign would have to be extrmemly well thought out, and would probably require some trusted contacts in the media.

Hi Bluegrassfoot, welcome to the Forum :) I might have to think about this one:

59 minutes ago, Bluegrassfoot said:

I think the one absolute rule is to never alert or report your discovery to authorities or to any government agency.

My main point is that one doesn't even tell their friends or family and especially doesn't use ANY digital electronic devices on at any time- this means batteries out of those devices as well or kept inside an envelope created to halt all transmissions a device might make unbeknownst to the researcher. Electronically speaking, being an undetectable 'digital ghost' is the only way to assure any secrecy before, during, and after a find.

In fact, I'd like to see a discussion here on just how one would approach a scientist in a discreet manner ahead of a search. How would one go about doing that? Setting up any research vehicle for follow up testing is an extremely delicate and dicey operation and so should be done as covertly as possible. It really just comes down to fathoming how unbelievably serious a Sasquatch find would be. Laying out some of the economic magnitude of what amounts to a gigantic spotted owl scenario only scratches the surface. Connecting somehow to a facility- especially one that has gotten the 'word' to NOT test anything brought in by an outsider (I have little doubt that such a protocol is already in place).

I don't think anyone can just walk onto a university campus and ask at the desk to speak to a PhD in the zoology department or the head of a forensic osteology department. BUT that is exactly what must be done in order to develop a trusted outlet that would secretly accept and test any sample coming in from the field if it was known to come from a Sasquatch. And even then any verbal dialogue could be highly risky and spell the end to any potential set up.I really do think that folks who are serious need to think this kind of stuff through. Contact with a scientist can be delayed until a sample is secured of course but even securing the sample would require the utmost in conducting one's self in a manner that guarantees no red flags.

In the 'eyes' of a very watchful and obsessed surveillance-saturated society bent on protecting its trillion dollar resource industry a Sasquatch disclosure would be disastrous. And that's only on the wood side of things. That trillion dollars doesn't even touch mining or oil and gas extraction. In light of that one has to ask oneself is finding Sasquatch remains and getting the creature verified WORTH it in light of the economic damage it may cause? Is enacting laws that reach further into protecting Sasquatch habitat WORTH the effort? It's a very personal, philosophical question that must look far ahead into the our own environmental future as well.

OK, off the soapbox. I just wanted to express the enormity of any official proof of Sasquatch's existence and subsequently the enormity of the secrecy one must utilize in order to be the one responsible for that proof.       

Edited by hiflier