Stick Structures

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

Guest RedRatSnake

You might have something there George, Rabbits are on the move and taking revenge for years of social neglect and misrepresentation of there intelligence, long live the Bunny Rabbit

post-92-009743000 1284855396_thumb.jpg

Honestly y'all, if this were 20 years ago, I'ld say kids did it, but kids don't play in the woods anymore, they like the XBox and Wii too much for that. Plus, nobody in their right mind lets kids wander off that far these days. Those same said kids would leave sneaker prints and other evidence too but but I haven't found that around the few suspicious stick structures in my area. I'm just saying.....

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

No way. Not going to have it. I'm claiming that these structures were made by a small band of creative rabbits on my rabbit forum. You're not taking stick structures away from me with your bigfoot. Not having it.

Rabbits

The truth is out there

Now that's rich..... :lol: Chris B.

This topic was on the old forum. I hate to see it go so let's start a new thread. What do you think these structures are used for? I've added a pic of a structure I've been watching this year and it's been built up with addition of new brush/limbs, changes almost every few days, some parts get moved around quite often. I beleive some of these structures are used as a day blind and the creatures use them to avoid a direct line of sight. The structures are mostly like large brush piles and tend to show up in the middle of the woods far away from any normal human traffic. I'd love to see some good discussion and pics of other structures to see if any are similar. Chris B.

a bunch of downed limbs caused by wind, hunter's debree hut, naturally explained, BF related? No 99.99999999% of the time.

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

If anyone finds one of these "structures" and there is a Bigfoot inside of it, then you have my attention. :D

Here you go JC, you may be more comfortable with this type of stick structure. :D Chris B.

post-137-043047400 1284856936_thumb.jpg

Guest RedRatSnake

Can't have a good Bigfoot forum unless there is at least a small chance that BF is out there, having whats left of that 99.99999999% is just enough to squeak by and keep it running :)

... my intent in this thread is to factually point out that there is absolutely no correlation between stick structures and bigfoot. None. Zero. Zip. Nada. RayG

B) As with many other BF issues, perhaps more to the point is that there is no proven correlation. There are no absolutes (yet) in this game.

Dudlow

Since you admit you do not do any field research I can't help but wonder what do you base your opinion on? Personal belief or? Chris B.

As I said in post #37, there is absolutely no correlation between stick structures and bigfoot, and no amount of field research has shown otherwise. None. Zero. Zip.

B) As with many other BF issues, perhaps more to the point is that there is no proven correlation.

There's no correlation, period. No bigfoot seen building one of these structures, no bigfoot seen living in one, no bigfoot hair retrieved from one, nothing.

There are no absolutes (yet) in this game. Dudlow

Sure there are. We are absolutely, positively lacking sufficient evidence to identify and classify bigfoot as a species.

RayG

a bunch of downed limbs caused by wind, hunter's debree hut, naturally explained, BF related? No 99.99999999% of the time.

So you're telling me there's a chance...................:lol: (mental images from dumb and dumber)

Honestly y'all, if this were 20 years ago, I'ld say kids did it, but kids don't play in the woods anymore, they like the XBox and Wii too much for that. Plus, nobody in their right mind lets kids wander off that far these days. Those same said kids would leave sneaker prints and other evidence too but but I haven't found that around the few suspicious stick structures in my area. I'm just saying.....

Thats just not true and an over generalization. I played in the woods when I was a kid (and still do. In fact I was in the woods last night), and a few weeks ago I built my own "Stick structure" on the side of a mountain to spend the night. Growing up all the kids I talked to had built things like that. Sure not all of it is kids, I bet some are hunters/campers like me. I know my uncle has built a small shelter a few times to keep the wind and snow off him and because he wanted to return to the spot again. I've done the same.

I'm sorry but to convince me someone is going to have to see one in a structure or find some unexplained hair inside one. I don't really see the correlation between Bigfoot and what looks like to me a bunch of sticks.

Just one Private's opinion.

As I said in post #37, there is absolutely no correlation between stick structures and bigfoot, and no amount of field research has shown otherwise. None. Zero. Zip.

There's no correlation, period. No bigfoot seen building one of these structures, no bigfoot seen living in one, no bigfoot hair retrieved from one, nothing.

RayG

A cynic (as opposed to skeptic) might point out the the purported correlation between these things only really started to gain traction as an idea when it became rather convenient for a certain research organization* tour operator to concern itself with things which could be provided on demand rather than basing the 'success' of its tours on things which couldn't.

See also several other things taken by some as 'sign' which have plausible alternative explanations.

* - I'm categorically not referring to you, Chris.

Edited by dozy

There's no correlation, period. No bigfoot seen building one of these structures, no bigfoot seen living in one, no bigfoot hair retrieved from one, nothing. RayG

B) So, Ray, you are agreeing with me then that there is no 'proven' correlation, then? If not, then I'll trot out the old adage that 'absence of evidence is not evidence of absence' which, of course, you would also agree with?

Dudlow

Why does a stick structure have anything to do with bigfoot? Has anyone ever seen a bigfoot creating one of these structures? Has anyone found hair inside these structures?

I'm just not seeing the correlation.

Ray, I believe this is true for the majority of cases. But in a few rare exceptions, there are structures that are obviously manipulated and not weather-related. Then the question becomes, manipulated by what? And in the vast majority of those cases, I'd say human beings. But I once saw a cedar tree with limbs twisted away from their natural direction and stuffed under other limbs. And what's more the limbs were far too big for humans to have caused it without tools leaving evidence of having done so. In that case you have something that seems to be manipulated by something stronger than humans. Is it proof? Hardly. But I would call it correlating, as bigfoot is believed to be a primate, with the strength and dexterity to perform such tasks. The connection for some people is that there are sticks/logs that seem to be put into place artificially and quite difficult/purposeless for humans.

But, anything that a human can do, I attribute to humans to err on the side of caution.

I have found one weird thing and I've been waiting to see if someone with more of that sub-culture expertise could help me out here. Me and a buddy were out in a wilderness area, off trail, in the Sam Houston National Forest. I'm not going to claim to be any kind of outdoors expert, but there was a lot of wildlife out there. Armadillos, coyotes, hogs, owls, hawks, other birds. One of our more "active" experiences outdoors. It's somewhat disturbing to wake up and hear hogs snorting a hundred yards away, especially once the fire's died down! In any case, the next morning not 40 yards from camp, we discovered this old stick structure. Now to preface this, there were a lot of downed limbs and quite a few of these little sapling trees grow at an angle or simply arched over naturally. A lot of these limbs/trees interacted and made odd shapes. This structure was obviously manipulated. Several limbs were moved from off the ground or from tree species hundreds of yards away. These limbs were then stacked onto a naturally arch-shaped tree. And there were muddy barefoot prints in the ground at the base of this structure. From looking at it, it served as a shelter. And again, I would normally attribute this to human beings except that some of these tracks showed what look like (to me) as toes. And I would never go to this place barefoot. So my question to the BFF: Do you know of any groups that perform this sort of survivalist or minimalist camping, barefoot? Any sort of hippie-type groups that would do this?

Photos:

5006032206_b752535b98.jpg

5006032134_fd95e71d22.jpg

5006032144_3542af2c51.jpg

5006032190_d5c6b329e4.jpg

5006032224_bf963ea284.jpg

5006032214_969e827d65.jpg

Shado, You get my attention when you talk about Cedars and limb manipulation, This was found within 50 yards of where a sighting occured. I also have unidentified hairs from broken Cedar limbs. This photo shows one of the lower limbs brought up and over, and pinned with the broken top.

post-215-089151100 1284933794_thumb.jpg

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

Great pics guys and great discussion. I think the comparison of some of these structures may yield something. While I'm sure it's true that only a small percentage of these type structures has any possiblity of being creature related, those are the ones I tend to concentrate on. The structures I'm seeing are nowhere near camping areas or other people. Hunting is not allowed by the land owner and besides the few members of our small team here and myself, the land is free from human activity. (That's one reason for the creature activity present in my opinion.) While many of the structures found resemble a large brush pile, there is some intricate work present in the structures. I don't mean there's any sort of weaving or tool marks etc, but the limb placement is very clever. Pine limbs and cedar limbs are normally placed along the side of the structure and this seems to block any view from the outside in. The different species of limbs found in the structures, some carried from a great distance (from a few hundred yards away to as much as a mile or so) would seem to eliminate natural falls. One structure had a log added to it that would readily weigh a few hundred pounds. Considering that structure is placed halfway up a 150 yard long 30 degree incline, to me, those type of activities would likely not be performed by humans and indeed likely couldn't be done by humans without any sort of equipment.

Now for the structures found near camping areas or just off known walking trails like those found on public land , I consider those to be most likely human related activity. The ones way back in the boonies, with multiple species of limbs placed within them, those make me stop for a second look. Chris B.

edited for spelling.

Edited by ChrisBFRPKY

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic