BF getting hit by Motorcycles, Cars, Trucks and Trains

Explorer

Would anyone here be worried about their own well being or where it might end if they hit and killed a BF and reported it?

I dont mean the actual act but where it may lead you in the aftermath with the various known and possible unknown authorities? 

One highly unlikely outcome might be that they include you in everything, picking up the Sasquatch, loading it in a vehicle,  going to where it gets dropped off, even meeting the 'scientist' that's going to examine the body, hand shakes all around, and then everything goes back to normal for you. You return home, file the insurance claim that said the police verified that you hit an animal. You tell all your friends and family, some of which roll their eyes of course, and they ask the unspeakable- Do you have proof? Answer? Uh, no. And after that, you realize you only have a story as all of the people involved in cleaning up the 'animal' are nowhere to be found. The facility had never heard of the 'scientist' and you are left with a tall tale that no one believes any more than any other BF report.

A clump of hair you thought to remove from the creature may be all that you have. Good luck with that. If tested it will come back Human or bear because......and the tale continues. Let me know if I haven't been pessimistic enough ;) And welcome to the Forum :) 

Edited by hiflier

BFF Patron
15 hours ago, hiflier said:

One highly unlikely outcome might be that they include you in everything, picking up the Sasquatch, loading it in a vehicle,  going to where it gets dropped off, even meeting the 'scientist' that's going to examine the body, hand shakes all around, and then everything goes back to normal for you. You return home, file the insurance claim that said the police verified that you hit an animal. You tell all your friends and family, some of which roll their eyes of course, and they ask the unspeakable- Do you have proof? Answer? Uh, no. And after that, you realize you only have a story as all of the people involved in cleaning up the 'animal' are nowhere to be found. The facility had never heard of the 'scientist' and you are left with a tall tale that no one believes any more than any other BF report.

A clump of hair you thought to remove from the creature may be all that you have. Good luck with that. If tested it will come back Human or bear because......and the tale continues. Let me know if I haven't been pessimistic enough ;) And welcome to the Forum :) 

I wonder how many times exactly that what you describe has happened?     Last time I checked my data sources I found 5 vehicle collisions and as I recall most of them the BF was killed.   I think it was 3 out of 5.      Some authorities showed up and hauled away the body.   The vehicle owner was left with assurances and a damaged car to deal with.     Some even had injuries themselves.   

Edited by SWWASAS

What about the owner of the vehicle? what were they left with? were they allowed to talk about the incident or left with a NDA.  Would they be punished for any mention of what they saw and hit with their vehicle?.  I am sure that this all has to be considered just like what would happen with those UFO reports and how fast they shut them down. Like I have said I have seen black ops copters in my area of research and the clear cutting does not seem normal like they need trees to sell for the state. They look like kill zones where it is open and some thing can be pushed into for a controlled sniper fire. If I could take pictures from the air of this area I would bet that they have figured out on how to push these creatures in a direction that they wanted too. What I find strange that there is not heavy equipment traffic in this area and if there was ,they have a capability to close the area down if needed. Maybe I am reading way into this to much ,but this years hunting was way to good then my past years.

If people do or did hit these creatures with their vehicles or even with trains then why would they speak up. Especially if Government agency are involved with picking up the body. These agency might even threaten them with some type of law that we might not even know about. They might even make up some thing on their back ground and mess with their financial income to make their lives harder. Like mortgage payments, job relations, even marriage, and yes pensions if they know they can keep them silent. Death is to easy but the rest I think works best. Bad stuff I tell you to get involve. I think that these creatures can actually ruin your life if does hit one and reports it.  

BFF Patron

Would you tell your insurance company that you hit a BF and expect the company to fix your car?    They would assume that you were drunk or high and refuse to pay.   I would say I hit a large animal of some kind and leave it at that.   Some police report would probably just say you hit an animal.     And since most of us who have had sightings do not run around and tell,    why would anyone tell you to keep your mouth shut.   We do it voluntarily.    If you do, you get the funny smile, and know it was a mistake.   

The problem with this is that they still have a problem that they hit something strange. Strange enough that they are not going to forget what they just hit. They are not going to stay silent since it involved some thing unknown to them that cannot be explained that was up close to them. Look at us and how we have react at what we have encountered. We are still trying to find some explanation to our encounters and we have not even hit one with a car or even shot one yet. No, this not some thing that one can take to their graves since it will eat them inside. One will either talk about it to some one they trust very well since they have to get it out of their system. These things change people from the inside and when you see them you know why. You just cannot say that you just hit an animal. It will haunt you mentally. :) 

I agree with you both SWWASAS and ShadowBorn,

9 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Would you tell your insurance company that you hit a BF and expect the company to fix your car?    They would assume that you were drunk or high and refuse to pay.   I would say I hit a large animal of some kind and leave it at that.   Some police report would probably just say you hit an animal.     And since most of us who have had sightings do not run around and tell,    why would anyone tell you to keep your mouth shut.   We do it voluntarily.    If you do, you get the funny smile, and know it was a mistake.   

Very unlikely that anybody will report hitting a BF to police, county sheriff, insurance, DOT, Dept. of F&G, etc. etc.

What most people would likely do is report that a large unknown animal (probably a large bear) was hit and damaged the car.

That is all that is needed.  There is no need to identify the creature if it left the scene. Insurance claims need to see the damaged car and the incident report (if any was created).

If a BF body is left on the accident scene and later picked up by a "secret" agency (which I think is very unlikely), most people will write the same thing.. that the vehicle hit an unknown animal that did damage to the car/truck.

6 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

The problem with this is that they still have a problem that they hit something strange. Strange enough that they are not going to forget what they just hit. They are not going to stay silent since it involved some thing unknown to them that cannot be explained that was up close to them. Look at us and how we have react at what we have encountered. We are still trying to find some explanation to our encounters and we have not even hit one with a car or even shot one yet. No, this not some thing that one can take to their graves since it will eat them inside. One will either talk about it to some one they trust very well since they have to get it out of their system. These things change people from the inside and when you see them you know why. You just cannot say that you just hit an animal. It will haunt you mentally. :) 

All the witnesses to the accident will never forget it.  If a LEO, EMT personnel, etc. saw the evidence (BF corpse)- they will never forget it.  What has been seen cannot be unseen.

It is these people who will eventually talk (after they retire) and spill the beans (if there are any beans to spill).

In the list above there were at least 2 retired LEO who spoke.  I also mentioned, in a separate post, the retired CA border patrol agent who wrote a book with one chapter on the BF encounters in that area.

If these LEO and eyewitnesses saw something that chattered their reality and they voluntarily stayed silent at the  time (not due to conspiracy but to common sense), they will eventually reveal their story when retired  (and free to speak) to be at peace with themselves.

I have seen numerous BFRO reports from retired people that retell an old event.

The stories, if true and impactful, will come out eventually.

Problem is, that the stories we have heard so far don't add much value or evidence.

Maybe somebody has collected enough cogent stories of BF body recoveries to suggest a working hypothesis, but I have not seen any good evidence (or stories) for it.

There a many more stories of vehicle near misses and vehicle collisions without a BF killing, and these stories if corroborated by retired LEO would be interesting by themselves.

BTW, on a related but separate topic.  I watched some of the vehicle and bear collisions videos shown in youtube and concluded that using the bear population as a proxy for BF is a poor choice for vehicle collision statistics.

These videos show the bears just running (and crossing the road) in front of the vehicles in daytime without any precaution or sign of intelligence.

I think BF are more intelligent than that.

They might not know what a car is but they probably know that humans ride in them and that they are deadly to other animals (based on the roadkill evidence).

I think a BF will be very cautious in crossing a road; almost human like and look before crossing.

If they get hit, it is because they were not paying attention and were distracted either by a hunt (chasing deer, hogs, etc.), running after their family or enemies, or other event.

Obviously, I am speculating here, but given their past behavior of elusiveness and lack of roadkill evidence, I suggest that they are much smarter than your typical roadkill in North American and closer to humans in vehicle collision avoidance.

Replying to some of the above.

I think if you/someone had hit a BF and all 7 Feet of it was laid out dead in the road in front of you i'd say the natural reaction would be to ring the Police,  hitting something like that would probably mean you needing medical assistance anyway.

Second, in this day and age most have a smart phone so i'm sure that in most cases the driver would obtain copious amounts of stills and video all possibly in HD. This could then be sent anywhere in the world signal permitting at the touch of a button.

This in turn begs the question how could authorities close this down or deny? Secondly there's a good chance passers by would stop so there would be witness's, i personally dont think your day would end with a handshake and a thank you from the authorities and as said the whole episode would change you forever. 

How about this for the ultimate scenario:  You hit and kill Mr 7ft BF, you've called the cop's, you've pulled your phone out and are happily filming the next Oscar winner when from the tree line 2 8ft BF's appear to take their dead friend away !!!! a) what you going to tell the cops now there's no body? B) would you keep on filming? C) Would there be any point in running?

• Upvote 1

Kinda hard to keep filming or run when you've been either torn to bits or snatched up and carried off yourself ;)