I'm grateful to Bigfoot Forums

Wolfjewel

I'm celebrating my 72nd birthday (tomorrow) by being able to start a new topic! now that I'm over 25 posts.

I am grateful for the opportunity to learn about people's experiences that were so outside the "norm" they're reluctant to tell anyone else about them. A shout out to all of you who share your sightings, your expertise in everything from technology to legal matters, and your fears when you had a sighting or had rocks thrown at you. 

For people like Highflier who spends countless hours analyzing BF and posting thoughts on what to do if someone comes across BF remains -- even though he says he hasn't had an encounter. 

For the many members in the PGF thread who post thoughtful content without demeaning others' comments and character. 

For moderators who try to drill into folks the rules of not demeaning others, while encouraging critical debate.

Your efforts have made my day many times over, since I started a year and a half ago. 

• Upvote 4

Ha, Happy Birthday! Mine was yesterday- 69 years old,. Makes me wonder how many Pisceans inhabit this Forum :)  A year and a half sure goes by quick does it not? and congratulations on your 25 posts. Starting a new thread of your own is a great way to kick things off and you've done it very graciously. You said it best, too, in listing some of the reasons you are grateful for this Forum and how it operates. Couldn't agree more. And look forward to hearing more from you and everyone else.

And thank you for the kind words as well. This planet is a very thought-provoking place to live on and having our Hairy Friend running around only sweetens the pot.

Edited by hiflier

On behalf of the steering committee, and from myself, Happy Birthday, Wolfjewel. We're of the same era, as I just turned 73 on New Years Day, and celebrated my 55th wedding anniversary yesterday. Now that you're no longer "restricted", dive in, I look forward to your contributions.

Wolfjewe

Happy Early Birthday! Hey I am 53 years old and am total fubar with these creatures . :D   But we just have to keep going like that battery bunny on T.V. until we get down to the truth. I truly look forward to your thoughts and insights on this creature. I really do not think that age makes a difference. I know when I started the forum there was never a waiting period to post. So this forum has changed a lot from what it once was..

Happy Birthdays (an Anniversary) all around haha ! :drinks: Mines next month, I feel like a pup here turnin' 51 ! haha !

An welcome to our little jungle Wolfjewel, it is a great forum with some great folks.

"Cheers !"

Pat...

Wow. Happy birthday. Sure is a lot of old people on here. :P.I am 57. 

I am a Halloween boy. 

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

Happy Birthday WJ !  Have you had your own experience by chance?  What got you interested in the subject?  Would love to hear more about your interest in the subject.  

-Twist

Thanks for the b-day wishes from all who posted just now, and to all in the forum for being here. This is a gem of a place to learn about people's experiences, both the ones that members share and the BFRO reports that admins post. No, I haven't had a sighting nor heard an unexplainable growl. My background is in writing and editing, plus creative craft such as crochet design.

I am interested in A: sightings, experiences; and B: people's attitudes to others' sightings. I am curious about what skeptics think is really going on: mistaken identity? a bit of fantasy because people want to have an experience? or hoaxers?

Some have called Bigfoot sightings a "cultural phenomenon." Does that mean wishful thinking along with mistaken identity, because Bigfoot is a cool thing these days? Can that possibly account for so many people -- many who had little or no interest in the topic before -- saying they have seen the hair, eyes, and facial expression of an unknown man-like being? The conundrum is -- all those sightings can't be real if we find no bones vs. some of those sightings by reputable people must be real; they can't all be made up (and why would they?) 

I'd like to hear from one professional segment we haven't heard from (at least not in this iteration of the forum): psychologists/psychiatrists. If this is a mass hallucination, why is it so far-flung and so enduring?

Scientist and skeptic here. I think most sightings are fear induced,mistaken identity ,wishful thinking, imagination and of course lies and hoaxes. 

Notice I said most. There are those unexplained and intriguing. Some very compelling evidence including foot prints. The absolute best of all is without question is the Patterson film 

The iconic film has not been debunked or proven. Remains a real mystery. I have friends on here and that I know in the flesh that are completely convinced the creature exists. That keeps me interested and wanting to believe 

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

13 hours ago, Wolfjewel said:

Some have called Bigfoot sightings a "cultural phenomenon." Does that mean wishful thinking along with mistaken identity, because Bigfoot is a cool thing these days? Can that possibly account for so many people -- many who had little or no interest in the topic before -- saying they have seen the hair, eyes, and facial expression of an unknown man-like being? The conundrum is -- all those sightings can't be real if we find no bones vs. some of those sightings by reputable people must be real; they can't all be made up (and why would they?) 

I'd like to hear from one professional segment we haven't heard from (at least not in this iteration of the forum): psychologists/psychiatrists. If this is a mass hallucination, why is it so far-flung and so enduring?

Considering the worldwide reports of Bigfoot-like creatures (Even in Australia!  How does BF migrate to Australia?), I've given some thought to the lines of a Wildman Jungian archetype buried deep in everyone's collective unconscious.  I once had a college professor that believed Jungian theory explained every piece of literature and quite a bit of human behavior.  However, the hole in that theory is that Jungian archetypes and mass hallucinations don't show up on film, and don't leave footprints and hair samples.

Thanks for your thoughts, PG. would be good to have a trusted friend who had a sighting. Also I'd like your analysis of a sighting that you believe could be wishful thinking or imagination. Whatever it is, it keeps me interested, too.