What backpack do you use?

wiiawiwb

I really like the ability of your bag to accommodate whatever you want to fasten down to it and whenever you choose to do it. That makes it very flexible and gives you the most choices. 

• Upvote 1

@wiiawiwb You're always so positive and I love that about you!

I could use this bag for an overnight. All I would need to do is add more food, a Luci Light, my sleep pad and bag. The top lid can be extended to go over whatever - like my rain jacket or the sleeping bag. I'd swap the seat for my Helinox camp chair and I'd be set! I could do it, but prefer not to. It's at least a pound heavier than my other pack, and has a severe lack of pockets. I use it for day hiking only, or in inclement weather, as it's only 30L.

I'd rather take the Shadowlight (45L) overnighting because it has 6 awesome outside pockets and can carry my fishing poles easier. It weighs 2 lovely pounds and has pockets on the waist, in addition. Very useful. It's easier on my shoulders, as the pads are better, too. I barely feel it when it's on. 

The 45L Shadowlight fully packed - actually carrying more - is lighter than the Savotta 30L fully packed with less.

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

On 4/16/2022 at 12:09 PM, wiiawiwb said:

Nice looking pack. Let us know it works out when you had a chance to take it for a few spins.

The world interfered and we were unable to get out this weekend.

But, the quality of the pack seems absolutely stellar.  My partner is looking at some of their smaller packs right now.  I like my Osprey well enough, but have found myself checking out the larger Mystery Ranch packs recently.

Backpacks can be like knives--a subject which you have an intimate and deep knowledge of. Special designs for special purposes. Mystery Ranch, Seek Outside, Kirafu, Stone Glacier, EXO, Kuiu, Barney's, and others were all unknown to me before 2017.  They are packs designed by and for hunters which I am not. The MR packs are fantastic and have a great reputation on Rokslide.

You can't go wrong with any of them as long as they fit well and perform in the field. In the end, this is a caliber of backpacks which are all superior. Depending on what a person's needs are, sometimes good is more than enough especially with the way we abuse them each outing.

• Thanks 1