Primate brain size study

SWWASAS

BFF Patron

The local media was just discussing a new study released that showed a direct correlation between primate brain size and muscle mass.    The larger the brain the less muscle mass.        Humans have little muscle mass compared with gorillas but have far larger and more capable brains.     If that applies to BF, and we have no reason not to think it does,   BF in spite of its huge muscle mass, must have a small brain.      Perhaps that explains lack of tool use, no evidence of food storage,  and apparent lack of creative skills? 

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Upvote 2

That IS interesting, SWWASAS. I falls in line with what I've proposed as the limitations of Sasquatch brain abilities regarding simple things (for us) like fire and the wheel. It doesn't me low intelligence at all however. it really dips into the lack of a capacity for imagination and forethought. One example would be learning through experience but not being able to project outcomes before an action is decided. I simpler term would be akin to living in the moment. Humans can explore a 'What If" before acting on something where Sasquatch just jumps in.

As Humans we may work out the dynamics and possibilities of crossing a road before we cross it. Sasquatch seems to deal with it more like a squirrel: cross the road, get caught, freeze, and/or run like the dickens and get across in two or three strides and disappear                                .   

Hmmm ... suggests the scoftics are something over 11 feet tall.

9 hours ago, MIB said:

Hmmm ... suggests the scoftics are something over 11 feet tall.

^^ LMAO. Good one MIB!

Typing this AFTER mopping up the coffee from my keyboard.........AGAIN!

Edited by hiflier

BFF Patron

If not 11 feet tall have a lot of muscle mass.     LOL     No one claims NFL lineman are brilliant either.     That squirrel analogy is pretty good.   They seem to have problems deciding what to do in the middle of the road.     Often reversing direction and increasing their danger time in the road.     Patty seemed to have a single minded objective in spite of encountering two armed men on horses.     She only gave them a couple of glances and continued on her way.   .     And a lot of encounters where the BF is caught in the open, it seems to stand and rock back and forth as if it cannot form a plan on what to do.  Very much like a small brained squirrel.    BF may be so outside the human tree of development that it is not capable of even simple things our non human non muscular ancestors did and passed on to us.  Tool use was in that category.  

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know, primates can be rather clever, certainly some more than others. ;) 

MIB... haha ! :)

Squirrels... 

bad day.jpg