Update on Olympic Project nest sites

BigTreeWalker

1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

We see both here.     Some think there is a BF behind every tree and interpret shadows as watching BF in their pictures.    The sceptics of course think we do not know the difference between a bear and BF.  I find it interesting that most skeptics are not really outdoors people.  There are exceptions to that in the some lifelong hunters say because they have never seen one, BF cannot exist.     They are likely the ones that if they do see a BF are afraid to go hunting again.   The experience can shake your concept of reality.   

Does anyone know if they have any sort of evidence associated with the nests tying it to BF?    Footprints or something like that?   If not that would put the nests in the same category as stick structures etc.   Just presumed to be constructed by BF.     No one finds footprints or has seen a BF making a stick structure either.  I know it is unlikely but something else could be making the nests.   The reports are rare but there are some giant bird reports now and then. 

Great point.  

Is there anything tying these nests to Bigfoot, other than the thought process of "well, they are strange and in the woods...so it must be Bigfoot"?

Prints, recent or historical accounts or sightings, anything?

BFF Patron

While I am pretty sure that BF make tree knocks since I have experienced that.    I don't think anyone has actually seen a BF do it.  Now with the BFRO doing it,   I would think a knock more likely to be made by a human than a BF.   The stick structure tepee thing seems to be regional.     I never saw one in my research area when it was active.   Either it is only done by a few BF or the phenomena is entirely man created. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/7/2020 at 10:35 AM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

.......Is there anything tying these nests to Bigfoot, other than the thought process of "well, they are strange and in the woods...so it must be Bigfoot"?.......

1) They appear to be constructed by a creature with hands. There is some measure of the materials being woven.

2) Gorillas characteristically build nests

3) No other native animals known build nests like these on the ground.

8 hours ago, Huntster said:

1) They appear to be constructed by a creature with hands. There is some measure of the materials being woven.

2) Gorillas characteristically build nests

3) No other native animals known build nests like these on the ground.

So can bushcrafters, hoaxers and folks just hiking through.

1 hour ago, starchunk said:

So can bushcrafters, hoaxers and folks just hiking through.

1) It is private land. While that does not make the nests impossible to have been made by humans, it makes it much less likely.

2) The Olympic nests were not reported. They were found by researchers, virtually eliminating the likelihood of hoax.

3) These are not the only such nests to have been found. There was even a nest reportedly found on Scorpion Ridge above the PD film site by Lyle Laverty before the film was shot. Another such nest found in the 1980's on Prince of Wales Island in Alaska, again on private native lands in a roadless area.

4) Didn't you and I have an understanding about interaction?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The material used to make the structures consisted of somewhere around 1200 sq. yds. of huckleberry bushes, some 7 ft. tall, that had all been broken off. Not cut. pretty labor intensive for Humans considering some of the stems of the plants were twisted off even though they were up to an inch and a half in diameter. Again, no signs of them being cut.

1139562597_OPNest9.png.ddd4e313ea57968050e384d84727292b.png

1841538291_OPNest5.jpg.3b0256bfd441247aa0bf569a4871bee1.jpg

Edited by hiflier

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

The material used to make the structures consisted of somewhere around 1200 sq. yds. of huckleberry bushes, some 7 ft. tall, that had all been broken off. Not cut. pretty labor intensive for Humans considering some of the stems of the plants were twisted off even though they were up to an inch and a half in diameter. Again, no signs of them being cut.

1139562597_OPNest9.png.ddd4e313ea57968050e384d84727292b.png

1841538291_OPNest5.jpg.3b0256bfd441247aa0bf569a4871bee1.jpg

Interesting.  I haven't followed these nests very closely.  I will try and read up in them this week.

Hopefully, they gathered some e-DNA samples before they began to lie down in them.  

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

1) It is private land. While that does not make the nests impossible to have been made by humans, it makes it much less likely.

2) The Olympic nests were not reported. They were found by researchers, virtually eliminating the likelihood of hoax.

3) These are not the only such nests to have been found. There was even a nest reportedly found on Scorpion Ridge above the PD film site by Lyle Laverty before the film was shot. Another such nest found in the 1980's on Prince of Wales Island in Alaska, again on private native lands in a roadless area.

4) Didn't you and I have an understanding about interaction?

None of those things discredit the possibility of human causation, and in the not so distant past you accused me of stirring the pot for having an opinion you didn't like. You already violated that agreement imo and I have every right to express my opinion in any thread as I see fit whether popular with some or not. .

19 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Interesting.  I haven't followed these nests very closely.  I will try and read up in them this week.

Hopefully, they gathered some e-DNA samples before they began to lie down in them.  

That would make for a more compelling argument if they found something unique at the scene.

6 minutes ago, starchunk said:

None of those things discredit the possibility of human causation.......

True, but my accurate listing of the points will discredit your denial in the opinion of others, and that alone provides me comfort and pleasure.

........in the not so distant past you accused me of stirring the pot for having an opinion you didn't like.........

Your opinions are meaningless to me. It's your attitude, behavior, and aura that I don't like. I probably wouldn't like your looks or odor, either. In short, I just don't like you. 

You already violated that agreement imo and I have every right to express my opinion in any thread as I see fit whether popular with some or not........

Again, I don't care about your opinion. If I have quoted or addressed you, it has been to agree with your comments. I have even plussed some, although you wouldn't know it was me. But it wasn't you I plussed. It was your point/words.

That's because I don't like you.

Yes, you have every right to express your opinion with respect to the forum rules, but I have asked you to avoid me on the forum. All that really means is to not quote me. You seemed amenable to that request, but as I expected, you couldn't live with it. 

Thus, I will again request you to stop quoting me, or I will post in a way that will both conform to forum rules and denigrate you as much as I can. 

That's because I don't like you. At all. 

The future is yours to guide. I've asked nicely.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Huntster said:

True, but my accurate listing of the points will discredit your denial in the opinion of others, and that alone provides me comfort and pleasure.

Your opinions are meaningless to me. It's your attitude, behavior, and aura that I don't like. I probably wouldn't like your looks or odor, either. In short, I just don't like you. 

Again, I don't care about your opinion. If I have quoted or addressed you, it has been to agree with your comments. I have even plussed some, although you wouldn't know it was me. But it wasn't you I plussed. It was your point/words.

That's because I don't like you.

Yes, you have every right to express your opinion with respect to the forum rules, but I have asked you to avoid me on the forum. All that really means is to not quote me. You seemed amenable to that request, but as I expected, you couldn't live with it. 

Thus, I will again request you to stop quoting me, or I will post in a way that will both conform to forum rules and denigrate you as much as I can. 

That's because I don't like you. At all. 

The future is yours to guide. I've asked nicely.

1) You lacking mod credentials places in charge of not that much, and as stated you chimed in on me and I chose not to engage, so spare me the double standard

2) I will respond to the threads and posts and choose to and you have squat to say about other than to down vote if you're that petty.

3) You also chose to break topic in the thread. I am willing to stay on topic if you are but at this point, you're trying to use this broken agreement to your advantage..... nope.

4) I'll stay on topic and really don't care if you do or not and could give a rats ass who you like. You also have an ignore feature to use...

I'll be staying on topic from this point in this thread and you can do as you will, I really don't care.

Edited by starchunk
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Don't say I didn't ask nicely........again.........

Maybe back on topic….. again...… There is an ignore feature to.....

3 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I don't ignore. Anything. Ever.

still not on topic. Whatever....

Edited by starchunk

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic