Update on Olympic Project nest sites

BigTreeWalker

After watching this program. My thought on this is. That these nests might be a part of SERE training for the Military.  It makes perfect cover for the trainee as well as it provides food. Water is near as well as their tracks are well hidden. If they lay in their beds that cannot be seen from above or from below. They also have the advantage of moving out of the area in evading capture which is required. They should be looking for nearby Military bases. The fact that there is degraded Human DNA within the nest and that they are not being found anywhere else. 

Aircrew members, pilots, special forces or any elite forces must go through this S.E.R.E training. They are taught to evade. They taught to hide from the enemy and to survive. But this does not change my mind that they are not some type of Human that branches of our tree. This is just my assumption since I have not gone through S.E.R.E school and if I did I would not be allowed to talk about it. 

24 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

After watching this program. My thought on this is. That these nests might be a part of SERE training for the Military.  It makes perfect cover for the trainee as well as it provides food. Water is near as well as their tracks are well hidden. If they lay in their beds that cannot be seen from above or from below. They also have the advantage of moving out of the area in evading capture which is required. They should be looking for nearby Military bases. The fact that there is degraded Human DNA within the nest and that they are not being found anywhere else. 

Aircrew members, pilots, special forces or any elite forces must go through this S.E.R.E training. They are taught to evade. They taught to hide from the enemy and to survive. But this does not change my mind that they are not some type of Human that branches of our tree. This is just my assumption since I have not gone through S.E.R.E school and if I did I would not be allowed to talk about it. 

https://www.fairchild.af.mil/Information/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/238992/us-air-force-survival-school/

Wrong side of the state.

1 hour ago, ShadowBorn said:

........That these nests might be a part of SERE training for the Military.........

If I'm not mistaken, the original nest finds were on private land. That would negate military training activity. If on national firest land, it is possible, but the military greatly prefers conducting such activity on military land in order to reduce interference, accidents with civilians, and damages that they will be held accountable for.

• Upvote 2

There are also survival schools that do the same thing as S.E.R.E schools.

Useful Coastal Plants Oregon. Edible, medicinal, and useful, native plants (lifesongadventures.com) Look at the address on this site .

I am not trying to argue that they might not have found something maybe special.  It is just that they are saying that they could be ape. When they still have no proof of them being ape. In the program there was a part where the two Gentleman happen to walk up on maybe the creator of of one of these nest. Whatever was making one of those nest was trying to evade them suggest that it must have not been one of these creatures. Why would something that big that can throw stones evade and back track those trackers.  It truly had the high ground and could have easly attacked them. Yet it did nothing. So this site has now been blown. Again I say " nowhere else are there any nest like this ".  

If you were hunting this ridge to get to these nest how would you approach it?  I have an idea and yes it would work. But it would take allot of gutz  to do it. You would hunt this ridge just like you would hunt any other animal. I am just being the devil's advocate. I do not see them as as an ape or a gorilla/chimp.  Why? They can out smart us. You can say that bear can do the same thing but bears get killed and they can be seen when after they have been shot. When these things get shot, people get scared to bring them in for fear of being prosecuted.  Big diffrence. They look much like us.

34 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

I do not see them as as an ape or a gorilla/chimp.

If those animals were there then their DNA would have been there along with the DNA of all the other animals. And Huntster is correct, private land requires permission from the owner. I had brought up S.E.R.E. back in 2018(I think), and it was BigTreeWalker that set me straight on the suggestion. Also, the effort (not enough energy return from foraged food) and time to build the structures, and the fact that they wouldn't provide cover from the elements, were other reasons to disregard S.E.R.E. personnel as candidates. And my hunch is that the Olympic Project probably ran down that scenario, along with with many others, in an effort to rule out possibilities for who, or what, the builders were.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

Again I say " nowhere else are there any nest like this ".  

That is false.    I assume you read my posts?   There absolutely ARE other nests being reported and have been for a long time, they're just not as well known as the OP nests and have not gotten the same level of investigation.  

As Huntster says, private land is a problem.   Military would not be conducting operations on private land without permission.  

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, MIB said:

.........There absolutely ARE other nests being reported and have been for a long time........

Indeed, including on Scorpion Ridge, right above the Bluff Creek PG film site. Rob Alley reported a nest that was photographed on Prince of Wales Island in Alaska. It was reported to the Alaska Fish and Game biologist for the area, and there were both hair and scat samples taken from the site.

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Huntster said:

It was reported to the Alaska Fish and Game biologist for the area, and there were both hair and scat samples taken from the site.

Lemme guess.....bear and degraded Human DNA ;)

40 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Lemme guess.....bear and degraded Human DNA ;)

You made me pull out my copy of Raincoast Sasquatch (pages 239-244) to review. DNA testing was not conducted since, in 1988, that was prohibitively expensive. There was a louse on the hair that was said to be associated only "with a species" in Asia. The hair samples were sent to the crime lab in Anchorage, and when the hair "didn't match anything", it was thrown out.

Notable in the story:

........I noticed a patch of huckleberry bushes on the hillside below me that had been broken off uniformly at the four or five foot height. Looking closer, I found a large nest of crudely woven huckleberry branches and cedar bark strips and boughs, lined with mosses and more bark.........

Huckleberry appears to be the preferred nest material in both Washington and Alaska.

• Upvote 2

Admin

I think Shadowborn rejects the suggestion being made by the film that BF is an ape. I noticed that too when I watched it and disagree with it.

The depictions on the documentary are almost of an orangutan.

I'll just say that a nest type structure doesn't necessarily mean BF is an ape.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, gigantor said:

.......I'll just say that a nest type structure doesn't necessarily mean BF is an ape.

I like my nest, too, and even eat huckleberries in in. :)

But, then, I'm also often referred to as an ape, too.........

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Huntster said:

There was a louse on the hair that was said to be associated only "with a species" in Asia. The hair samples were sent to the crime lab in Anchorage, and when the hair "didn't match anything", it was thrown out.

Yeah, seems I do remember something associated with Asia. I read somewhere back when, too, about something (a certain intestinal bacteria or parasite?) from Asia found in feces in California perhaps?

16 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Huckleberry appears to be the preferred nest material in both Washington and Alaska.

Absolutely food for thought here in Maine. Speaking of which, first snowfall in my area coming in over Friday night. So I'm heading out on Saturday for a solo over nighter.

12 minutes ago, gigantor said:

The depictions on the documentary are almost of an orangutan.

Don't agree either. Patty after all looks about as far away from an Orangutan as we are. And that goes for other Great Apes as well.......but we all pretty much know that.

43 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Yeah, seems I do remember something associated with Asia. I read somewhere back when, too, about something (a certain intestinal bacteria or parasite?) from Asia found in feces in California perhaps?

Yeah, that kinda' tickles my memory, too. I'll sleep on it and see if it comes to me by morning........

........first snowfall in my area coming in over Friday night........

Dude, are you in Panama or something? It has been full-on winter here for quite a while. We're getting desperate for temps above zero........fahrenheit. 

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic