Super-Human Sasquatch

hiflier

On 25/03/2018 at 6:53 PM, hiflier said:

Hi, everyone. I was going through some database reports and something reminded me that I've always wanted to bring up and discuss reports of what some Sasquatches have been reported doing. The 'doing' being performing feats outside of the Human norm. John Green's Database has 371 (about 9%) instances where witness have reported different kinds of activities that we would consider Super-Human from the year 2000 al the way back to 1851. We've seen photos of widely spaced footprints in an inline trackway so I though a report that has a witness to such things actually being done would be interesting. Stuff like:

1851 around Paragould, Arkansas: Leaping 12 to 14 feet at a bound

And from the 1850's, Mount Shasta, CA: Picked up 20-foot section of sluiceway and smashed it against a tree.

And in from the 1870's, Port Orford, OR: Hurled two dogs to their deaths

Don't have to go back in time that far though as there's much that is more recent, say, in the last 20 years or so. Just thought there might be an interest in reading about some of these kinds of encounters.

TBH I think the older reports should definitely be taken with a pinch of salt (or two). What is needed is some type of evidence of super-human feats, photos or video (even blurry) would go a long way to persuading the fence sitters. In most cases sceptics wouldn't automatically believe the report so they are not going to believe automatically that any feats within the report actually happened and we should all be reasonably sceptical.

It is admirable when for example a video of a 'creature' is shown running across a field and the researchers go back and try and recreate the run, I've seen a couple of these but they have been inconclusive at best. Have any of these instances or recreations demonstrated that a human can't replicate what the subject of the video did?

On 5/15/2018 at 2:46 AM, Celtic Raider said:

What is needed is some type of evidence of super-human feats, photos or video (even blurry) would go a long way to persuading the fence sitters.

Here you go: 

• Upvote 1

On 17/05/2018 at 4:40 PM, ioyza said:

Here you go: 

Thanks Ioyza, enjoyed watching that short film.

I find it pretty interesting, the construction workers' reactions seemed very real to me and of course the 'tree toss' looks very impressive. It is evidence for sure, however, there are a lot of assumptions and estimates involved in the guy's calculations from the heights and masses involved. Very interesting but once again, I'm sure we all wish it was just a little clearer!!!

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/05/2018 at 3:39 PM, ioyza said:

Definitely, but per your request, "(even blurry)," it fits the bill! 

It's hard to explain away if the estimates of size and mass are even close............ it's evidence for sure, and I find it quite persuasive just a shame it isn't a little clearer and the sizes and masses can be verified more accurately. Would be very interested to hear other sceptical peoples thoughts on this..............

On 4/17/2018 at 5:42 PM, norseman said:

Even that brief clip demonstrates the speed and power that primates possess.  Now, imagine a 7 or 8 foot tall primate, evolved to walk upright, and with  a far greater number of fast twitch muscles than a human possesses.  Suddenly some of the feats listed here no longer seem so outlandish.