Why Sasquatch should Exist,,,

Lake County Bigfooot

BFF Patron

I think you will find that Meldrum Krantz and Bindernagel had tenure before they ever mentioned BF.    Krantz was denied the department head position later because of his Sasquatch research.   And I am sure all three are considered crackpots by their peers.   I hope to see the day when they will be vindicated.  I think Idaho State actually likes Meldrums involvement.  Not many of their faculty are as famous outside of scientific circles as he is.  

My supposition that something would need to fill the gap left by our human ancestors is something more of interest to me. Why should there be such a gap between humans and all other creatures, we are primates, very closely related to chimps and bonobos, so what is the big deal that a more human like upright ape should have followed in our footsteps and filled the role we once held as the hunter/gatherers. That to me seems like a logical possibility, the rub is that this someone is very intelligent, and fully capable of remaining discreet even in areas where humans mingle to an extent. They have adapted the nocturnal behavior of other secretive mammals, as well as the senses capable of allowing them capitalize on certain types of prey. Their large eye size must allow them to see well in the dark, and their sense of smell also must be well refined. Strength and Speed allow them to move with a cat like agility and almost supernatural looking smoothness. We really have little idea of how well they are adapted. Patty was injured and lumbering along, perhaps also an older example. We have so many reports that make Patty appear to be an overweight senior, well past her prime.

• 2 weeks later...

I think one of the problems of discussing this creature stems from belief systems that differ, for one I hold to the notion of this world having been designed, some may think it mere chance our existence. I think that in the scheme of design something very close to humans would make sense, maybe even be needed to show us what separates us distinctly from the animal world. IMHO that is not simply our intelligence and make up as the hairless wonders that we are. Something else separates us from the animal world and that is the $10,000,000 question. Do not read into this more than what is being stated. Some might believe that merely physical laws could explain all this seeming order, and man being at the top of that order for now. So before you jump on the bandwagon of hanging me out to dry on religious grounds, all beliefs are religion of some sort, whether you think aliens were in charge of the design or some other higher form of life.The notion of the trogludite was that it completed an order between animals and humans and fit into that void. The void must not have existed in their minds to place this between man and apes.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot
  • Upvote 1

On 2018-05-21 at 8:12 PM, Lake County Bigfooot said:

My supposition that something would need to fill the gap left by our human ancestors is something more of interest to me. Why should there be such a gap between humans and all other creatures, we are primates, very closely related to chimps and bonobos, so what is the big deal that a more human like upright ape should have followed in our footsteps and filled the role we once held as the hunter/gatherers. That to me seems like a logical possibility, the rub is that this someone is very intelligent, and fully capable of remaining discreet even in areas where humans mingle to an extent. They have adapted the nocturnal behavior of other secretive mammals, as well as the senses capable of allowing them capitalize on certain types of prey. Their large eye size must allow them to see well in the dark, and their sense of smell also must be well refined. Strength and Speed allow them to move with a cat like agility and almost supernatural looking smoothness. We really have little idea of how well they are adapted. Patty was injured and lumbering along, perhaps also an older example. We have so many reports that make Patty appear to be an overweight senior, well past her prime.

What evidence do you have that Patty was injured?

OR Patty was pregnant and not quite up to speed in the literal sense. She nonetheless did manage to cover some ground fairly quickly though and she chose the softer more exposed terrain of the creek bed over the steeper denser fringe. Also can't think but that the 'look back' was to make sure Roger and Bob kept their focus on her? 

BFF Patron

Looking at the movie, Patties movement did not match what is most often described in witness accounts which is proceed towards the nearest cover.    That would have been to seek cover on the far bank of the creek,  90 degrees to her direction of travel.    That she traveled along the creek,  looked back at Bob and Roger, makes me think she was trying to draw them away from something important, or she was headed towards a juvenile in their direction of travel to protect it.     She seemed to have a single minded determination to head that direction for some reason.  

• Upvote 1

You may as well ask why the planet has spawned and extinguished the myriad hominids and hominoid species it has over the eons. "Because it can" would be the only suitable statement you can really make about any such natural occurrence.

I've always loved this quote attributed usually to the naturalist J.B.S. Haldane (possibly an apocryphal quote, but still accurate) after being asked what he had deduced about [Mother Nature] after a lifetime of studying insects: "[She] has an inordinate fondness for beetles", he said. This is just another way of saying, "Because a beetle fits more biologic niches than any other taxonomically similar organisms, it exists in greater numbers"

I have always viewed the non-existence of Sasquatch as much, much more improbable than existence....and you could toss all the sighting reports/ photos/films/tracks and be on sound scientific ground with that conclusion.  Wherever you look on this planet, if you are able to define a niche that life CAN exploit, it WILL be there. The niche for Sasquatch has been pretty well defined at this point. The confirmation part is just mopping-up to satisfy those who aren't paying that close attention.

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

This statement concisely summarizes my hypothesis. Basically that man has moved out of the niche that he once held and sasquatch filled that gap as the chief hunter and gatherer. Not that in some parts of the world man is still that, but primarily he is a video game addict.