Jump to content
Lake County Bigfooot

Why Sasquatch should Exist,,,

Recommended Posts

SWWASAS

To discount any possibity that explains extraordinary behavior I have personally experienced is paracticing a belief system not practicing science.    Science has been handicapped by belief systems throughout recorded history.   At least at this point I need not worry about being burned at the stake for advancing theories outside accepted dogma.    I consider being judged as "full of it" or advancing "woo" theories to at least have an open mind.    Not that I have experienced any of that myself.   There is only one truth as uncomfortable as it is for some.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squatchy McSquatch

Bigfoot could exist...

 

but it doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rockape
1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

There is only one truth as uncomfortable as it is for some.

 

The truth is it must be proven that BF actually exists. Robots from outer space is Sci-Fi fantasy world best left in the paranormal section.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wiiawiwb
18 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Was fighting the edit function.  Let me continue.     Reports of weapons emptied with no effect and no blood trail make me wonder. 

 

I'm not doubting you but have never heard or read of any encounters where someone emptied their weapon on a sasquatch with no affect at all. Can you provide a link to any such reports?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SWWASAS

Sure when I get back home and have access to my sources.    In Colorado now.   

20 hours ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

Bigfoot could exist...

 

but it doesn't.

You could not posssibly know that and are just spouting beliefs.   If you believe that why are you here?    You feel compelled to preach?   

Edited by SWWASAS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SWWASAS

The problem being if you suddenly encounter a BF and decide you are threatened enough to shoot it , you might have the same problem some police officers have,   empty the guns and not hit the perp because you are shaking too hard.   I remember a shootout in LA a few years ago.    Two officers had a shootout on a street, emptied their guns and neither hit the guy who drove away.  The late night comics had fun with that one.  I think some of that might be at play with BF shooting reports.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hiflier

Why wouldn't a BF who's even just bluff charging experience a hail of bullets from LEO's? It begs the question of has that happened? I think there is a report of that happening somewhere in a creek bed in Tennessee. I think they hit it but was no follow up in the local newspaper article on that police report. I'll see if I can find the report.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SWWASAS
4 hours ago, hiflier said:

Why wouldn't a BF who's even just bluff charging experience a hail of bullets from LEO's? It begs the question of has that happened? I think there is a report of that happening somewhere in a creek bed in Tennessee. I think they hit it but was no follow up in the local newspaper article on that police report. I'll see if I can find the report.

Seems like that report was not terribly long ago.   Perhaps in the Media section?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NathanFooter
On 4/14/2018 at 6:51 PM, norseman said:

 

If that’s true? We some day will sip champagne and slap each other’s backs! Because sooner or later something is going to pop up.

 

  I am not much of a champagne guy ( or sipping guy ), I like the harder stuff.            

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cotter
On 4/19/2018 at 4:02 PM, norseman said:

 

Artificial Intelligence is a hot topic in our lifetimes. Elon Musk has warned about it. Which means that if and when our species ever bumps into a alien civilization millions of years more advanced than we are? They will probably be robots or AI of some sort. So why would they care about manipulating the crude DNA of a human?

 

Why if real is Sasquatch a Hominid? It walks bipedal. And It has a non opposable big toe. It lacks claws. This is evident with track casts. Therefor these facts presented in the supposed evidence of Bigfoot? Drastically narrows the field down to Hominids.

Would an AI have no drive for science?  If we were a novel planet with novel species, why wouldn't some sort of experimentation occur?  There are many reasons as to why it could happen.  (IMO)

 

hom·i·nid

ˈhäməˌnid/

noun

ZOOLOGY

a primate of a family ( Hominidae ) that includes humans and their fossil ancestors and also (in recent systems) at least some of the great apes.

 

While I agree there is evidence pointing to this, the assumption would have to be that it is an ancestor of humans.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
norseman
3 hours ago, Cotter said:

Would an AI have no drive for science?  If we were a novel planet with novel species, why wouldn't some sort of experimentation occur?  There are many reasons as to why it could happen.  (IMO)

 

hom·i·nid

ˈhäməˌnid/

noun

ZOOLOGY

a primate of a family ( Hominidae ) that includes humans and their fossil ancestors and also (in recent systems) at least some of the great apes.

 

While I agree there is evidence pointing to this, the assumption would have to be that it is an ancestor of humans.....

 

Advanced AI would have a giant drive for science and energy. But probably not biology. No more so than you worry about the needs of ants or dandelions everytime you mow the grass. They would build a dyson sphere to power their type 3 civilization and allow all of the planets orbiting the sphere to deep freeze....killing all silly dull biological life forms that think at chemical reaction speeds, eat and poop other carbon based life forms and cannot handle the 2.7 kelvin temperatures you must endure in space.

 

The whole Bigfoot Alien thing is silly beyond silly. We have no proof of Bigfoot existing today. We have no proof Aliens have ever existed. But the Universe or Multiverse if thats your persuasion? Is a very very large place. So we cannot rule that out. And the technology needed to achieve a type 3 civilization makes it questionable that biologically brains can even get here. Bending space and time and traveling trillions of miles to come visit Earth. But who knows? Maybe we are the AI version of High School Biology class where we dissect frogs and earthworms? I just doubt highly that as a advanced life form they would worry much about us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pdub

Norse not sure how the Fermi Paradox applies to BF but I’ve always liked this quote for the UFO types out there. 

Let’s say we have an anthill in the middle of the forest. And right next to the anthill, they’re building a ten-lane super-highway. And the question is “Would the ants be able to understand what a ten-lane super-highway is? Would the ants be able to understand the technology and the intentions of the beings building the highway next to them?”

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WSA

I'll just toss in my two rocks to opine I don't know what would drive an alien civilization of any kind to visit us, unless completely on accident. They would be looking for what, exactly? The things we have in abundance (liquid water, iron and life form-breathable atmospheric gas) are certainly remarkable for our solar system, but excuse you me... What is going to find that worth a trip of light-years to gawk at? Only humans are probably capable of that degree of suicidal curiosity, and for that reason it is probably a good thing we don't have the technology, and are unlikely ever to get it.  The idiocy of the idea of putting up the jack to travel to Mars only illustrates what a danger we are to ourselves.  (Right Elon...build a sustainable, reliable electric production car first, then we might talk seriously about it. Nah.)    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dmaker

I'm seeing Jane Goodall speak tonight. If there is a Q&A afterwards, I wonder how she would answer a bigfoot question. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SWWASAS
20 minutes ago, WSA said:

I'll just toss in my two rocks to opine I don't know what would drive an alien civilization of any kind to visit us, unless completely on accident. They would be looking for what, exactly? The things we have in abundance (liquid water, iron and life form-breathable atmospheric gas) are certainly remarkable for our solar system, but excuse you me... What is going to find that worth a trip of light-years to gawk at? Only humans are probably capable of that degree of suicidal curiosity, and for that reason it is probably a good thing we don't have the technology, and are unlikely ever to get it.  The idiocy of the idea of putting up the jack to travel to Mars only illustrates what a danger we are to ourselves.  (Right Elon...build a sustainable, reliable electric production car first, then we might talk seriously about it. Nah.)    

Steven Hawking was very concerned that we are advertising our presence by transmitting radio and television signals into space.      Whatever comes to investigate may not be exactly benevolent.     Even worse when we set off atomic and hydrogen bombs, it sends out a gama ray burst that advanced civilizations would detect and know that we are a dangerous species.   Presently mostly dangerous to ourselves but as we venture into space, we will become dangerous to others.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×