Squatchy McSquatch

What Sparked Your Interest in the PGF?

OkieFoot
BFF Donor
37 minutes ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

Okie how much mileage and publicity do you think BobH really got out of this?

If you're wrong about BobH then you just blew him out of proportion when you should simply dismiss him.

Why don't you bring up a dead red horse while you're at it?

The publicity Bob H. got was: 1) His story was on several different internet media sites. 2) He was on various radio shows giving interviews quite a few years ago; that's where he contradicted himself numerous times. 3) His lie detector test was shown on television. 4) He was on at least one television show that featured him and his claim of being the figure in the film.

So he and his story was read, heard or seen by a lot of people so I would say he got quite a bit of publicity for someone that claimed to be the figure in the film but was very obviously not. 

I dismissed Bob H. from the very beginning.

Squatchy McSquatch

Yup. 4 little moments in history. Catch the wave...

Even if BobH is lying his lies don't stack up to 50 years of cumulative lies...

It's all gonna come crumbling down in the next few years

Lol

:596d4fa01ca20_EmojiSmiley-18:

Backdoc
BFF Donor

^^^

this seems to be that type of thinking which says, "as soon as this major conspirator dies the truth will come out". Assuming the PGF was a hoax, I don't see way someone would think the truth behind the hoax comes out.

Are all the bets some family of Al's are going to help spit on his grave some day because some suit is in a glass case in the study?  They are just itching to share this and shame the old man who help promote the film?

Rogers dead.

Gimlins doubled down

Mrs Patterson seem like she is all in.

who/what does that leave?

Edited by Backdoc

SweatyYeti
5 hours ago, OkieFoot said:

The publicity Bob H. got was: 1) His story was on several different internet media sites. 2) He was on various radio shows giving interviews quite a few years ago; that's where he contradicted himself numerous times. 3) His lie detector test was shown on television. 4) He was on at least one television show that featured him and his claim of being the figure in the film.

So he and his story was read, heard or seen by a lot of people so I would say he got quite a bit of publicity for someone that claimed to be the figure in the film but was very obviously not. 

Bob Heironimus has gotten a lot of publicity, and credit...regarding "being the filmed subject in the PGF", Okie. But, not to worry....his "claim to fame" is going to evaporate....after I confront him with some of the problems, with his claim. 

One of those will be 'impossible timeline', of the film being "mailed from the Post Office in Eureka", and "deposited in DeAtley's mailbox the next morning".  That simply couldn't have happened.  

OkieFoot
BFF Donor

^^

Sweaty, remember I've told you before, if you go see Bob H. just don't ask him what his home address is more than once. ;)

Wasn't the Post Office in Eureka closed by the time Roger got to Eureka? I thought it was already about 5:30 to 6:30pm when Roger interrupted Al Hodgson's weiner roast in Willow Creek. 

I thought Al picked up the film in Seattle.

SweatyYeti
4 hours ago, OkieFoot said:

^^

Sweaty, remember I've told you before, if you go see Bob H. just don't ask him what his home address is more than once. ;)

Sure, thanks for the reminder, Okie. ;) 

Actually, I may start referring to Bob as "Quantum Bob".....since he seems to have the rare ability to be in two places at the same time. I think he should allow scientists to study him, in a Lab....they might discover that objects larger than a single atom can exhibit 'quantum superposition'. 

Wasn't the Post Office in Eureka closed by the time Roger got to Eureka? I thought it was already about 5:30 to 6:30pm when Roger interrupted Al Hodgson's weiner roast in Willow Creek. 

I thought Al picked up the film in Seattle.

You're mixing two different accounts, Okie.....Roger's and Quantum Bob's. (Gee, I like that nickname, for good ol' Bob). 

In Q.B.'s version of events....he would have, or could have, left Bluff Creek by about 2:00. That would have given him enough time to make the trip to the P.O. in Eureka. 

The problem, for Bob, comes in when you try to find a reason for him to mail the film from a Post Office.....and, how it managed to arrive in DeAtley's mailbox less than 24 hours later....(in 1967....with no 'Express Mail' option available from the US Postal Service.)

Edited by SweatyYeti

Caenus

Well, regarding the PGF, being a trained scientist I have taken everything with a grain of salt. That being said, also being a trained (and part time) working professional photographer, I am very impressed with the video. I am also a hunter and have seen many, many animals in the wild and find the proposed rational for Patty’s behavior plausible, and her mechanics interesting. The proportional measurements of her body and photo enhancements of the film are also intriguing. 

In the end, I have had an “experience” of a Bigfoot nature, which although anecdotal, does reinforce the films credibility in my opinion. 

The attraction to the film however (related to the above comments), still does not explain my interest and why I have spent many, many months in the woods and thousands of dollars. The truth is, the PGF represents one of our last “wild” discoveries. Sure cave spiders, birds, fish, bacteria....many thousands of creatures I’m sure yet to be discovered are interesting, but not awe inspiring. It boils down to the mystery and the fun. It also appeals to my inner hunter...if I can find and gather the evidence that has eluded so many others, then that trumps anyone’s massive elk antlers or whitetail mount! (Plus the advancing science thing...lol)

• Upvote 1