What Sparked Your Interest in the PGF?

Squatchy McSquatch

18 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Why would you turn down a real chance to see one?   Reality hard on belief systems?  

There is no such thing as a real chance to see one. They do not exist. Also, I am not too eager to get out in the woods with someone I believe to have irrational tendencies and a complete disconnect with reality. 

There is probably one proponent on this board that I would happily join on an outing. 

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, dmaker said:

There is no such thing as a real chance to see one. They do not exist. Also, I am not too eager to get out in the woods with someone I believe to have irrational tendencies and a complete disconnect with reality. 

Only eager to talk with them, on a discussion board. ;)  

And tell them how much you "really don't care".....about everything Bigfoot related.   :)  

:guitar:

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Many life long hunters, who think they know everything in the woods, are so traumatized by a BF encounter they give up hunting forever.   

The eye witnesses from various walks of life seem pretty impressive.  Take a couple ladies camping.  They see what they think is bigfoot out in the open and jump in the car and get out of there.   People like take at least convincingly act like they saw something.  A chance encounter no one seem to be seeking out.  They seem to be reluctant to come forward as witnesses sometimes as well.

Some of these stories seem convincing when u see them on TV.  That not proof but something to consider.

19 hours ago, dmaker said:

There is probably one proponent on this board that I would happily join on an outing. 

You do not know me well enough to evaluate my rationality and grasp of reality.      Why don't you attack my mother since mothers day is coming up and you don't know her either?     While I have given a blanket invitation to skeptics,  I reserve the right to be selective.    The last thing I want is to be out in the woods with someone so tied to a belief system, that they freak out during a bigfoot encounter and do something that gets us both killed.   You are one of those and not invited.   I have a female relative that I prefer not to do field work with just because I am unsure how she would react during an encounter.  She does not do well during domestic emergencies.  

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

You do not know me well enough to evaluate my rationality and grasp of reality.      Why don't you attack my mother since mothers day is coming up and you don't know her either?     While I have given a blanket invitation to skeptics,  I reserve the right to be selective.    The last thing I want is to be out in the woods with someone so tied to a belief system, that they freak out during a bigfoot encounter and do something that gets us both killed.   You are one of those and not invited.   I have a female relative that I prefer not to do field work with just because I am unsure how she would react during an encounter.  She does not do well during domestic emergencies.  

Not Dmaker but gonna reply anyway in parts...

You do not know me well enough to evaluate my rationality and grasp of reality. 

True statement, 

While I have given a blanket invitation to skeptics,  I reserve the right to be selective.

That's not what a 'blanket invitation' means.

The last thing I want is to be out in the woods with someone so tied to a belief system, that they freak out during a bigfoot encounter and do something that gets us both killed.   You are one of those and not invited.   I have a female relative that I prefer not to do field work with just because I am unsure how she would react during an encounter.  She does not do well during domestic emergencies. 

Exactly how might I 'freak out' during a Bigfoot encounter? Assuming I was blessed enough to walk the same woods as you[and I would not]? How might I freak out and 'do something that gets us both killed.?' 

Please explain to me how this could possibly happen? How did you ever survive.

What's a domestic emergency?

What does this have to do with the PGF?  

On 5/10/2018 at 5:07 PM, dmaker said:

There are one or two proponents on this board I might step into a pub with.

The woods? With an armed Bleever? Heck no. If you step into the forest, with a gun, hoping to find bigfoot, not a ******g chance I'd tag along. Your body count is still going to be zero by the end of the day.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

What SW said has a lot more to do with the PGF than your lame Justin Beeber fan-boy gif!  I would much sooner go on an exploration in the woods with most Bigfoot proponents who apparently know a lot more about survival than the average cell-phone PGf denialist ->

12 hours ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

Not Dmaker but gonna reply anyway in parts...

You do not know me well enough to evaluate my rationality and grasp of reality. 

True statement, 

While I have given a blanket invitation to skeptics,  I reserve the right to be selective.

That's not what a 'blanket invitation' means.

The last thing I want is to be out in the woods with someone so tied to a belief system, that they freak out during a bigfoot encounter and do something that gets us both killed.   You are one of those and not invited.   I have a female relative that I prefer not to do field work with just because I am unsure how she would react during an encounter.  She does not do well during domestic emergencies. 

Exactly how might I 'freak out' during a Bigfoot encounter? Assuming I was blessed enough to walk the same woods as you[and I would not]? How might I freak out and 'do something that gets us both killed.?' 

Please explain to me how this could possibly happen? How did you ever survive.

There are one or two proponents on this board I might step into a pub with.

The woods? With an armed Bleever? Heck no. If you step into the forest, with a gun, hoping to find bigfoot, not a ******g chance I'd tag along. Your body count is still going to be zero by the end of the day.

You are correct about the blanket invitation.   I withdraw that invitation presently for a couple of reasons.    Right now with my research area inactive, I would not know where to take anyone, other than visit places where I have found footprints and had an encounter before.   Not likely to even find a footprint in those areas now since they have been clear cut.     How might someone else freak out that would make an encounter more dangerous?     Well its bear country and if someone is out there with a firearm and decided to try to use it on a bigfoot, that person and everyone with him would likely end up dead.      They are not often alone, and if you run from one in front of you,   you might run right into another one behind you.   I have been flanked before when I was stupid enough to try to get one to break cover.   How did I survive?   By that point they had seen me enough that they knew I was not a threat.   But they do not like to be messed with by anyone.     A domestic emergency is a medical emergency,  like when someone to comes unglued when someone is choking on food and has no idea what to do other than scream and run around in circles when she has just had a course two weeks before that covers the Heimlich maneuver.    The person choking was myself and I no help whatsoever.   I lost consciousness and passed out.   .  Yes I am bitter, but the experience demonstrates if you put yourself into a potentially dangerous situation, you need to trust who you are with.    The discussion was about witness reactions to BF in a thread about what sparked interest in the PGF.    Anyone's experience is pertinent to the thread.       I have to agree with you on your last point.    If I had any inkling someone intended to shoot a bigfoot for any reason other that self defense, I would never step into the woods with them.   They would likely get us both killed.  As a matter of fact,   I think areas where pro kill groups are operating are probably the most dangerous places in the country.    You not only have to worry about them, you have to worry about a pissed off BF who just had a family member shot and is looking for revenge.  

• Upvote 3

Yes worry about the clan. That's when you really sh*t your pants since there will be no where to hide.  The worst part about the ordeal will be is. They will just play with you like a Great White Shark does with a Seal until it is ready to eat it. So I sure would not want to be in any one's shoes with an angry clan. This could be why Patty walked bravely though there as though she did not give a darn at being filmed. Either way It could be the real deal or this could the biggest hoax  perpetrated on every one and the skeptics had it right.  But there are way to many features on this thing that makes this creature real in my opinion. And again I cannot deny their existence so this counts me out since I no longer can be a skeptic and deny their existence. I no longer have that option since I have already drank that kool aid. :) 

Are not the reports of BF in groups/pairs rather minuscule?  I’m not sure of the exact number but I believe it is not great.  

So why is there always talk of Bigfoot pacts or groups?  Often primate characteristics are applied to BF and assumed to be true yet we have little to no proof this is the case.   We do not even have a single case of BF actually harming a human, how do we jump to clans killing anyone ?  

The very few tales of BF vs human interaction should hardly be given more than a tall tale consideration, IMO.   I’d guess they do, and can, in most instances always leave the scene without incident.  That Does match the BF M.O.  leave and not be caught.    IMO.

18 hours ago, Twist said:

We do not even have a single case of BF actually harming a human, how do we jump to clans killing anyone ?  

Maybe they killed the person so the human couldn't report it having just been killed by the Bigfoot.  Now they are just listed as a missing person :-)

Seriously,  I assume any animal high on the smarts scale would kill if needed under the right circumstances.   My guess would be they just walk away most of the time.

Twist

I came to this conclusion of being in some type of a clan when we had our run in Up north and then I had my run in down in the south east part of Michigan. They group together and some how communicate with each other. But then again this not what this thread is about and is way off topic. But I am going off on what I have experienced.

On 5/10/2018 at 2:07 PM, dmaker said:

Your first two sentences are assumptions and amount to very little. 

I completely understand taking issue with the idea of showing up to go into an area you don't know with a person you don't know, a whole host of issues could be written on this.    

This topic has drifted farther than it should have, perhaps a new thread.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

Twist

I came to this conclusion of being in some type of a clan when we had our run in Up north and then I had my run in down in the south east part of Michigan. They group together and some how communicate with each other. But then again this not what this thread is about and is way off topic. But I am going off on what I have experienced.

Thats fair Shadow.   Personal experience is as much as we can go on at this point. 

This how I see it with the filming of Patty. Yes we have a camera in use of taking pictures or cameras shoots of this creature going across this river bed . We also have accounts of the people who were there but at the same time we are just going on some what on an act of faith that this creature could be real. Now for my case if I have never seen one at all then I would be in a position of being in denial of these creatures never being in existence. I would in the naysayers and maybe even mocking those who have .I might even be mocking this film and calling it a lie and a hoax and be the way that other who are very skeptical are. Since I find that being skeptical being a normal response to some thing that should be in the mystical realm. Now I find patty as real as to what I have encountered except that she is different and not exact to what I actually saw. What ever made Patty do what she did there must of been a reason to risk her life the way she did.  Every encounter talks of them moving out quickly into the forest.

• gigantor locked this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic