What Sparked Your Interest in the PGF?

Squatchy McSquatch

13 hours ago, norseman said:

I just want you guys to be aware. It doesn’t bother me. And I’m sick right now, down and out. So it’s no big deal.

But I will shut up if you like. That’s no big deal either. :)

I would never presume to or imply you need to shut up.  I’ve always considered you one of the more level headed and rational people on this board.  I was a little surprised to see you fight fire with a little of your own fire vs. ignoring or fighting back with logic.   ;)

5 hours ago, Twist said:

I would never presume to or imply you need to shut up.  I’ve always considered you one of the more level headed and rational people on this board.  I was a little surprised to see you fight fire with a little of your own fire vs. ignoring or fighting back with logic.   ;)

Unfortunately logic doesn’t work for some. No worries brother it’s all good!

6 hours ago, Twist said:

I was a little surprised to see you fight fire with a little of your own fire vs. ignoring or fighting back with logic.

Don't mean to speak for Norse but I think he and I are alike on this, we don't know one way or the other if BF actually exists but we want to be able to view what is presented without some chucklhead chiming in with nonsense. They don't believe there is any possibility BF exists. We know, we get it, we can tell you what they are going to say before they say it. Sometimes it get's so irritating we have to tell them to get bent.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Rockape said:

Don't mean to speak for Norse but I think he and I are alike on this, we don't know one way or the other if BF actually exists but we want to be able to view what is presented without some chucklhead chiming in with nonsense. They don't believe there is any possibility BF exists. We know, we get it, we can tell you what they are going to say before they say it. Sometimes it get's so irritating we have to tell them to get bent.

Its a great idea wanting to present your idea without chuckle heads chiming in.  Unfortunately in this day and age that is not much of an option on a public forum.  Especially one that encourages debate on the subject. I get where you and Norse are coming from, I do not disagree with your idealogy, but, on a public forum that allows both proponents and skeptics alike to post you will get both sides of the debate.  Imagine being a skeptic and posting a topic that is titled "Bigfoot is false because of XXX",  you would naturally expect it to be met with a lot of posts saying your wrong because of "XXX"     My guess is this would generally be accepted as OK because this is a Bigfoot forum(in name).  But for a site that is neutral and encourages debate the idea of a Bigfoot antagonist is looked down upon, due to the name of the site.  This is the bigfootfourums,  not necessarily the probigfootforums.    

Edited by Twist

Yeah, Norse or myself aren't exactly new at this. No one is saying you can't be skeptical, I'm a skeptic myself. We're talking about those who only offer derision and snark. It's always the usual suspects, they're like a broken record.

14 minutes ago, Twist said:

Its a great idea wanting to present your idea without chuckle heads chiming in.  Unfortunately in this day and age that is not much of an option on a public forum.  Especially one that encourages debate on the subject. I get where you and Norse are coming from, I do not disagree with your idealogy, but, on a public forum that allows both proponents and skeptics alike to post you will get both sides of the debate.  Imagine being a skeptic and posting a topic that is titled "Bigfoot is false because of XXX",  you would naturally expect it to be met with a lot of posts saying your wrong because of "XXX"     My guess is this would generally be accepted as OK because this is a Bigfoot forum(in name).  But for a site that is neutral and encourages debate the idea of a Bigfoot antagonist is looked down upon, due to the name of the site.  This is the bigfootfourums,  not necessarily the probigfootforums.    

Of course.

The problem of course is when people have ulterior motives like Squatchy that just wants to shut the discussion down all together because it’s preposterous to begin with. We are the BFF...... Bigfoot Fantasy with Friends. We are BLAARGers......Bigfoot Live Action Role Play. That’s the names they give us.

This goes way way beyond a proponent and a skeptic having a respectful debate.

And it’s easy for us to just put him on ignore. But we are informed.....the new posters? Have no idea that such predation exists or is allowed here. The fact is....is that we ARE a Bigfoot forum. And without Bigfoot content we die. So it must behoove us to not allow some posters to post every third post that “Bigfoot doesn’t exist and your a moron for believing so.”  

Im I right or am I wrong?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, norseman said:

Of course.

The problem of course is when people have ulterior motives like Squatchy that just wants to shut the discussion down all together because it’s preposterous to begin with. We are the BFF...... Bigfoot Fantasy with Friends. We are BLAARGers......Bigfoot Live Action Role Play. That’s the names they give us.

This goes way way beyond a proponent and a skeptic having a respectful debate.

And it’s easy for us to just put him on ignore. But we are informed.....the new posters? Have no idea that such predation exists or is allowed here. The fact is....is that we ARE a Bigfoot forum. And without Bigfoot content we die. So it must behoove us to not allow some posters to post every third post that “Bigfoot doesn’t exist and your a moron for believing so.”  

Im I right or am I wrong?

Your right in theory, probably wrong in regards to what is "right/wrong" on the internet.   Just my opinion of course. 

It's a very simple matter, really......Scoffers have no purpose/reason for participating in discussions/debates/analysis on this Forum.....and we have nothing to gain from them...(and their mindless pre-conceptions). 

clear "mis-match made in Bluff Creek", if ever there was one...   Hawkeye_Pierce2.jpg

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, SweatyYeti said:

It's a very simple matter, really......Scoffers have no purpose/reason for participating in discussions/debates/analysis on this Forum.....and we have nothing to gain from them...(and their mindless pre-conceptions). 

clear "mis-match made in Bluff Creek", if ever there was one...   Hawkeye_Pierce2.jpg

The Q of the thread might be tweaked a bit from What sparked your interest in the PGF to Why would a skeptic who is convinced Patty is a hoax and Bigfoot could not exist spending a single second on the BFF?

I think they hang around because the point of their existence is to more or less say, "Don't you know how stupid you guys are?"   I spend no time in the Flat Earth Society Forums if they exist.  I know the world is not flat with 100% certainty so there is no need to even dwell on it let alone go to some forum and debate the issue.

As far as the Hardline Convinced Skeptics, they really should treat the BFF as the same thing.  That is, "I know there is NO bigfoot and the PGF is a hoax.  Why think about it further, I am moving on to watch Love Boat reruns, or mow the grass."

Instead they hang around.   Interesting isn't it.

On the point about "nothing to be gained" from these type of skeptics, I disagree a tiny bit on that.  For the most part there is nothing to be gain.  However, I do believe that Conflicts do Clarify.   An idea tends to become stronger when it is attacked by opposition.  We would prefer reasonable well thought out opposition which we don't always get.   Roger and the film has been attacked in about every way one can.  Interesting the one attack that actually would be worthwhile is never really offered by the skeptics.  That is, making a suit in a same or similar way with materials from 1967 and show us how it was done.

For me there is a value of knowing the PGF has been attacked.  This is something we can only get from an opposition. That opposition happens to have various make-up or people which include hard line skeptics (and we all know the usual suspects here)   Clearly the PGF can take a punch.  

Certain people are here for the sole purpose of "I'm smart, you're dumb"    It is some, and maybe many, but it is not all.

Backdock:    "Certain people are here for the sole purpose of "I'm smart, you're dumb"    It is some, and maybe many, but it is not all. "   

Those types,  no matter how smart they think they are, eventually get to personal attacks when they cannot resist it any more.   Social media (and we have to admit the forum is that) seems to promote it.   Kids seem to delight in trashing each other,   sometimes to the point of tragedy of suicide.   .   Maybe some never grow out of that behavior.    Quite frankly I  blame the public education system.    In my day you could punch a bully in school.     Now they would console the bully and suspend the kid who punched him.   

9 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Backdock:    "Certain people are here for the sole purpose of "I'm smart, you're dumb"    It is some, and maybe many, but it is not all. "   

Those types,  no matter how smart they think they are, eventually get to personal attacks when they cannot resist it any more.   Social media (and we have to admit the forum is that) seems to promote it.   Kids seem to delight in trashing each other,   sometimes to the point of tragedy of suicide.   .   Maybe some never grow out of that behavior.    Quite frankly I  blame the public education system.    In my day you could punch a bully in school.     Now they would console the bully and suspend the kid who punched him.   

Some are smart and some of them are not smart as demonstrated by their postings.  I don't even think is System based so much as a Psychological issue, flaw, or condition.  

We hear people say, "I was out Saturday night and one thing lead to another, yadda yadda, and I ended up <fill in the blank>"    It took several steps of several active deliberate steps to find our way on to the BFF to begin with.  A person doesn't end up here my accident by clicking he wrong thing by mistake.  For these posters were are talking about they have to go through a lot of steps just to get here and they have to make active choices to return and more effort to actually post.   When you consider all of that, these are people coming to a forum on the subject of the PGF (or bigfoot) when they already have concluded it does not exist.  No chance, nada.  I am open Bigfoot being real or a hoax.   But for those hard- in -their- convictions Bigfoot DOES NOT exist, why be here?  

It's enough to make me fall off my scaffolding while I am faking tracks at bluff creek in broad daylight undetected. 

Dang I hate to fall off scaffolding too.     The concept of someone dragging sufficient lumber into the woods to build scaffolding to fake prints certainly makes me wonder about the sanity of those skeptics making that claim.    It is hard enough for me to get my butt to those find locations.         It is comforting that most who have accused me of hoaxing have mostly gotten themselves banned.      Of course they have set themselves up for that since they come here "knowing"  BF does not exist;   therefore any picture of a BF footprint has to have been hoaxed.   

• gigantor locked this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic