Squatchy McSquatch

What Sparked Your Interest in the PGF?

Squatchy McSquatch

84783046.jpg

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch

Squatchy McSquatch

xspider1

^ ^^ You have taken your topic which was pretty good to begin with and diverged it down a road that makes no sense and has absolutely nothing to do with the Patterson-Gimlin film.  Most of us expected that I guess, since you have exactly zero to refute the authenticity of the animal in the film, but those posts are sad to see none-the-less.  :unsure:

Interesting gif's above, SweatyYeti +.  Her elbows are clearly much lower than Bob H.'s elbows.  It seems a shame to waste that work here though, in the midst of McSquatch's drivel.  

• Upvote 1

SweatyYeti
1 hour ago, xspider1 said:

Interesting gif's above, SweatyYeti +.  Her elbows are clearly much lower than Bob H.'s elbows.  

They sure are, xspider. ;) 

The proportion of Patty's arm is different in two ways....the upper-arm is longer, and the lower-arm is shorter.  

And since the overall length of Patty's arm is longer than Bob's...

Bob_Patty_Arm_Length_Comp1_B.jpg

....and.....since the film subject clearly wasn't wearing 'hand extensions'.....it all adds-up to a subject that could not possibly have been Bob H., or....your 'average Bob'.....or, not even your local 'freakish Bob'.  :) 

It seems a shame to waste that work here though, in the midst of McSquatch's drivel.  

I'll be re-posting it in a thread about 'Patty's arms', at some point. The current relevant thread is probably closed, now. Most all of the older threads have been locked....for some reason??  

I will be posting a lot of 'arm proportion' images, and animations, on my own Blogsite.....(along with many other PGF images)....one of these days. 

Edited by SweatyYeti

Patterson-Gimlin

I really like the comparisons. I can't rule out this can't  be accomplished by trickery and deceit. I have no idea. I am no expert.

i have never and will never accept this man is the subject depicted in this awesome film. Thanks for sharing and your efforts are much appreciated. 

OkieFoot

Sweaty,

You mentioned earlier about joints on human arms not lining up with Patty's joints. I'm going to try using common sense on this. ;)

Tell me if I'm off track somewhere. Let's say the joints on some human arms will match up with Patty; wouldn't this mean Patty's arm length would be within human range. If joints line up, shouldn't the length be just about the same?   

I've read Patty's leg length is within human range, although not overly common. I read her leg length is common to 1 in 1,000 people.

Common sense says if Patty's arm length and leg length were both in human range, even if above the average, then her IM Index should also be within human range.  

However, two different calculations both showed Patty's IM Index is far above human range.

Human avg. - 70-72

Patty - 86 and 88.

That says something about the length of her arms.

Backdoc
7 hours ago, SweatyYeti said:

And since the overall length of Patty's arm is longer than Bob's...

Bob_Patty_Arm_Length_Comp1_B.jpg

....and.....since the film subject clearly wasn't wearing 'hand extensions'.....it all adds-up to a subject that could not possibly have been Bob H., or....your 'average Bob'.....or, not even your local 'freakish Bob'.  :) 

He was Clark Kent claiming to be superman. 

Those T Rex arms... don't think so.  Why do we think Peter Brooke at JH Creature shop showed arm extensions to the producers of the show?  Because they can observe Patty's obviously longer arms so they are left to explain it.  I am not saying Patty's arms are down to her feet but the don't need to be.  

"If the Guy don't fit, he wasn't it"   You can't change the fact something that bends must have a point where it must bend in a functional way.

By the way, you can take nearly any 60+ guy with a bit of a beer belly and a bad back and watch them walk.   This his how the all walk.

SWWASAS
15 hours ago, SweatyYeti said:

There is absolutely no chance, whatsoever, that a human could match-up with the shoulder, elbow, wrist, and finger joints on Patty....all of which can be clearly seen articulating

I have looked at many examples of exceptionally tall people, and people with exceptionally long arms....and one aspect of these exceptional people that I have noticed....is their 'arm proportion' is always "weighted" towards the lower-arm.  The 'lower arm' is always longer than the upper-arm. Add a 'hand extension' to the human arm....and the resulting proportion is even less Patty-like. The differential becomes greater. 

Sorry, SWW...but there is simply ZERO chance of a human arm matching Patty's arm. 

never

So, not only was the subject of the film an "unidentified man in a suit"......it is now an "unidentified freak-of-nature man in a suit"???  :wacko:

It is amazing the lengths people will go to avoid the simpler explanation.....a real, live creature. 

I have never said Patty was a man in a suit.       But your "zero chance" of this or that is easily disproved by some skeptic who spends the time digging, finds and, and posts a picture of a genetically deformed human they find in some medical book.    I doubt that you are an expert in human anatomy.    Just trying to save you the embarrassment.should someone do that.          In the several videos were scientists evaluate Patty,   the most ardent skeptic scientists never say Patty was a hoax.  They just say they do not see enough evidence or it is unlikely she is real.    They always hedge their judgement with an out.  A safer stand would be for you to say that there is little chance or it is unlikely that a human could match up with the shoulder, elbow, wrist and finger joints on Patty.    Even if someone does find such a human,   they would have to be genetically deformed and not anyone Roger knew that he could put in a suit.      Even Meldrum, who is a believer, parses his statements and does not talk in absolutes.   As I said absolutes in science never last.   Newton was the god of physics for 300 years but his work finally fell.  

Another point that has been made is how would Roger know that his BF had to have arm extentions?   It takes someone seeing a real BF to know what is wrong with a costume or body proportions.   

Edited by SWWASAS

SweatyYeti
5 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

They always hedge their judgement with an out.  A safer stand would be for you to say that there is little chance or it is unlikely that a human could match up with the shoulder, elbow, wrist and finger joints on Patty.   

I'm sorry, SWW...but I'll "stick to my guns", on this one.  :)  

It seems to me that you are not fully understanding the one key detail in all of the 'arm proportion' line of analysis.  That being.....a human 'lower-arm' is always significantly longer than the 'upper-arm'. 

That fact.....coupled with a couple of other details of Patty's 'arm length' and proportion.....(which I won't get into now)......result in a combination of arm details that effectively......and in all probability.....rule out a 'man in a suit'.  

The 'arm proportion' analysis effectively PROVES that Patty was not a human being...or, at least it has the potential to be an effective 'proof', if an extensive analysis were to be done, and published, by a credentialed scientist.

Edited by SweatyYeti

dmaker
15 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

i have never and will never accept this man is the subject depicted in this awesome film.

Why not? This is not a snarky challenge. I'm genuinely interested in your response. Is it just BH specifically that you would never accept as the actor in the film?

Patterson-Gimlin

I don't think he  measures up. I don't believe his story. I am highly unimpressed with Long's book.   I am reasonably sure  the creature does not exist.

The creature does not measure up to science.and logic as far as roaming in the here and now through out North America and the rest of the world. It is hard to imagine a creature of this size and abundance could remain undetected in America when rare smaller animals are documented quite regular. 

I enjoy the film very much and I am open to it being a hoax and another skilled mime in  a suit. That does not diminish my pleasure of enjoying the mystery and the film. 

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

dmaker

Thanks for the response, PG. So, basically you dismiss BH as the mime because his physical measurements do not match up, in your opinion?

Just for the record, I have no dog in this fight. I don't have an opinion about the actor, one way or the other. It's a person in a suit to me. Don't matter much to me who that person was. 

Edited by dmaker

SweatyYeti
32 minutes ago, dmaker said:

Don't matter much to me who that person was. 

You don't matter much to me.  :) 

Patterson-Gimlin
41 minutes ago, dmaker said:

Thanks for the response, PG. So, basically you dismiss BH as the mime because his physical measurements do not match up, in your opinion?

Just for the record, I have no dog in this fight. I don't have an opinion about the actor, one way or the other. It's a person in a suit to me. Don't matter much to me who that person was. 

That is my opinion and  his stories seem  contrived and don't match up. I can forgive this somewhat. I understand as we age our memories are not always exactly what happened. 

I have know of instances myself where four of my family members including me have shared the same experience and yet each one of us remembered it quite differently. 

dmaker
12 minutes ago, SweatyYeti said:

You don't matter much to me.  :) 

What was the point of that comment? How could you possibly take offense to anything I wrote? 

You really need to get some perspective and realize that just because someone might not share your views on bigfoot, or the pgf, does not automatically make them your enemy.

Geesh.

• Upvote 1