Moneymaker’s new project

OKBFFan

On Wednesday, May 16, I remembered that the final episodes of "Finding Bigfoot" were scheduled to begin airing on The Travel Channel on the 18th, so I checked the guide to set the DVR to record the series. It didn't show up, so I searched for the title and it came up blank. My guide goes out about ten days, and the search includes every channel available. Travel Channel was advertising FB during commercial breaks a couple months ago, but haven't seen any for the last few weeks. Has anyone heard anything?

I'm seeing it still listed on 5/27 on Animal Planet ... 2 episodes, 1 field, 1 studio.   We'll see I guess ...

MIB

That was likely just outside the range of my guide when I searched three days ago. I'll check again tonight. Thanks MIB.

Yes it is the 27th on Animal planet 

100th episode about the 50 year anniversary of the Patterson film. 

It kicks off Monster Week. I have seen the promos. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Del Rozan

Hmm wonder what happened to the fundraiser? There's not a lot of info here... and strange that it would cap out at $3,800. Foul play afoot? 

It appears that Sunday's episodes were not the start of a new season, then were the series finale.    I'm not a huge fan of the show but it being done / gone leaves an empty spot.   I think, good or bad, Finding Bigfoot brought bigfoot into the spotlight / awareness of a much broader audience than before.   I wonder if there is enough momentum for the level of interest to sustain itself or, lacking the "fuel" Finding Bigfoot has put on the "fire" for the last 8 (?) years, whether the public interest will begin to wane.   I'm torn, uncertain whether that is a good thing or a bad thing, and good for whom?  For bigfoot or for us?

MIB

Edited by MIB

The Travel Channel show "Destination Truth" with Josh Gates covers a number of cryptids world wide. They seem to take a pretty aggressive approach and get some interesting results. In their Yeti episode, they cast a track that Jeff Meldrum thinks is likely authentic. He brings a quirky sense of humor to the show that I enjoy and does some flat out crazy things to search out answers. 

• Upvote 2

The Finding Bigfoot team had some good people working with them, old "squatching" friends to give more input than just the team. Wish they had used more of that format for the show in the past. As usual, they heard "convincing" howls, and had an optimistic outlook. But they sure have mellowed! it was great to see Bill Munns in the flesh, after hearing so much about him. His improvement in the PGF frame of Patty looking back was great! 

Personnally I hope public interest in bigfoot doesn't wane, but only if it leads to diligent and respectful study. 

I'll be joining Airdale and a lot of others watching Destination Truth. But it doesn't satisfy me totally, because I want to really know the truth.

• Upvote 1

@Airdale, well posted. I'm a fan of Mr. Gates. He provides some good, useful material.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Incorrigible1 said:

@Airdale, well posted. I'm a fan of Mr. Gates. He provides some good, useful material.

Josh Gates is the real deal. If he says something is legit? I believe him.

• Upvote 1

I agree with that . I really like his shows Expedition Unknown  and Legendary Locations. I also watched Destination Truth. Lots of nonsense but 

interesting . 

I'm going to miss Finding Bigfoot!  It was a show that really appealed to kids, and I will remember it as a show my boys and I could look forward to watching together.  This past weekend, Bobo and Cliff were at a Bigfoot festival in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky, and I took my 9 year-old to see them.   I got to shake their hands and speak briefly with them.  They both seem like good souls.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Yetie9

I also think its a good show and youmcan watch it with your kids which is rare now adays.  I hope this new show is a little more serious than entertaining but that probably wouldnt last long on a network.

• 2 months later...
BFF Patron

Seems the series is premature and the campaign to raise money extended.....Prospectus is called, "Native Giants" with the native/first nations/Amerindian slant.  Does not seem to center on Sasquatch solely but also other aberrations seen on reservations.

https://fundrazr.com/NativeGiantsTV?ref=ab_3TUrffdHm6B3TUrffdHm6B

In the context of investigating the progress of this fledgling I learned that our own NathanFooter is driving some of the BFRO

expeditions in the PNW now.  Personal message NathanFooter if you want more info in that regard. 

Edited by bipedalist