Bigfoot Follows Waterways

Drew

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2011/06/08/bigfoot-group-watchful-along-flooded-missouri-river/

An online community of some 400 Bigfoot researchers nationwide, the BFRO investigates sightings and looks for patterns. One pattern, Luffman says is clear — where there’s water, there’s Bigfoot.

“Over the years, we found that it really does seem like sasquatches do tend to use river systems and creeks as roadways,†Luffman said, “They tend to stick close to fresh water and they stick close to those rivers. If the rivers start flooding, they might be moving out of their comfort zone.â€

I could swear that on the old forum, that this was Jim Flowers' theory, and that he even did a study about the sightings vs. sources of water. Is the BFRO taking credit for this as well?

SSR Team

Are you under the impression that anyone can " take credit " for suggesting that an Animal in North America follows Waterways & uses River Systems, Creeks & Roadways then ??

I'd have thought any Person who finished 3rd Grade would be able to put that together.

You'd have to wonder too if Jim Flowers did talk about this, from what Sightings & what Database he'd have worked it out from too i'd guess & given the fact that the BFRO's is the biggest & most comprehensive Sighting that there is, they may rightfully so take credit.

It's hard to look back, it was on the old BFF.

Actually most 3rd graders would probably say; 'Bigfoot doesn't follow waterways, it is not real' :)

SSR Team

It's hard to look back, it was on the old BFF.

Actually most 3rd graders would probably say; 'Bigfoot doesn't follow waterways, it is not real' :)

Absolutely, it all turns upside down if they were to see one though.. ;)

Are you under the impression that anyone can " take credit " for suggesting that an Animal in North America follows Waterways & uses River Systems, Creeks & Roadways then ??

I'd have thought any Person who finished 3rd Grade would be able to put that together.

You'd have to wonder too if Jim Flowers did talk about this, from what Sightings & what Database he'd have worked it out from too i'd guess & given the fact that the BFRO's is the biggest & most comprehensive Sighting that there is, they may rightfully so take credit.

Exactly; that puts it in a nut shell. And that long, tedious report written by another group could have simply said that like all Native Americans, BF follows waterways.

Isn't Flowers the same gentleman who said that the Sierra Sounds were fake, and that he could vocally reproduce with ease?

Edited by Branco

SSR Team

My bet is that Tirade Man comes in & blows everyone out of the water with a bad boy from the 19th Century.. B)

Guest tracker

Follow perhaps ? Maybe they just know where it is ? I am sure they find lots of water sources in their travels so they don't have to head to a specific river or lake. Jeez if that were the case. All we would have to do then is camp out on the waterways at dusk and dawn and start counting Bf's . And these Bf forums wouldn't exist, kinda ironic. smile.gif

JMO tracker, dry.gif

Edited by tracker

Exactly; that puts it in a nut shell. And that long, tedious report written by another group could have simply said that like all Native Americans, BF follows waterways.

Isn't Flowers the same gentleman who said that the Sierra Sounds were fake, and that he could vocally reproduce with ease?

Just for the record, a lot of people think the SS are fake. An argument for another thread though it was argued to death on the old BFF lol.

Guest TooRisky

http://stlouis.cbslo...missouri-river/

I could swear that on the old forum, that this was Jim Flowers' theory, and that he even did a study about the sightings vs. sources of water. Is the BFRO taking credit for this as well?

I have always thought this was common knowledge amongst field researchers... I don't think anyone can claim they own common sense ideas....Water ways like streams and creeks are the most energy effcient ways to get from higher to lower ground or visa verse... They tend to be cooler in the summer, have abundant fresh water/food, and plenty of foliage to hide away in...

Just for the record, a lot of people think the SS are fake. An argument for another thread though it was argued to death on the old BFF lol.

Thanks. I guess I was busy. Glad I missed that thread.

A bolder and more original claim I'd like to make is BF uses the electrical powerline alleys.

Not only electrical power line R.O.W.s, gas and oil pipe line R.O.W's, old abandoned RR beds, old log roads - especially those in the mountains, and active rail ways. Some of them use those man-made paths as their "super highways" at night. Many old and new reports and field observations tend to confirm that information. In one recent case locally, two older men watched one walking the edge of a gas pipeline late one afternoon. They were watching through a rifle scope and binoculars. The were close enough to see that the creature was carrying an animal over its shoulder, they though it was a feral hog shoat. There tracks have been seen many times in the duff and grass along the edges of N.F. roads.

Thom Powell thinks Bigfoot uses old and new RailRoad grades. Unfortunately there isn't much corroborating eyewitness testimony to the fact. Maybe that is because the conductor usually blows the whistle as soon as they see something on the tracks ahead of them and the animal runs off.

Many power line right of ways actually connect larger wilderness areas, producing wildlife corridors that could be used. There have been a few sightings along them.

Now here in Washington, we have the Olympic Penninsula, Puget Sound, Cascades and Columbia Plateau. An animal traveling through them would need to find a safe route where they would not be seen a lot. How would they cross say Interstate 5 that cuts through the state from north to south? In some areas along these major highways you can see large diameter culverts under the road way. This could be a crossing site. You also might have over and under passes that would allow animals to cross on. The trouble is that these safer crossing areas are far and few between... that doesn't mean that they wouldn't be a good area to set up a camera trap.