Bigfoot Follows Waterways

Drew

Guest Chewie

Oh yes! Some sighting reports note some pretty outstanding swimming ability. It makes sense with the length of their arms and the size of their hands and feet, and their powerful shoulders and legs. Add to that an enormous lung capacity and you have a pretty ideal swimmer.

They apparently can hold their breath quite well and swim very capably. Here's some of my favorites... enjoy...

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=14646

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=7382

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=2549

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=179

Thanks.

Whenever my uncle took off his shirt, we'd joke that someone might mistake him for BF. He's kind of a big guy and pretty hairy.

Anyways, your description of BF sounds close to a primate. Most primates don't swim though.

Guest BFSleuth

Thanks.

Whenever my uncle took off his shirt, we'd joke that someone might mistake him for BF. He's kind of a big guy and pretty hairy.

Anyways, your description of BF sounds close to a primate. Most primates don't swim though.

Orangutans have been noted to swim recently, as well as that monkey in Indonesia (caputin?) that swims in mangrove areas (salt water) eating snails etc. off the bottom.

Hominin's swim though, at least we do. With the emerging leaks about results of initial DNA samples showing marked hominin (human) DNA it may be that we don't necessarily have to limit our thinking when it comes to the capabilities of BF.

At any rate, folks have seen the big guy swim very well. I'm thinking that they likely spend a fair amount of time swimming, when they have the chance.

I just feel for that fisherman on the Kalama River that literally "had the BIG ONE get away!" I'm raoflmao thinking about that one, it would be a pretty funny scene for Hangover III! :lol:

Guest TooRisky

I don't care what part of this big and beautiful world that you live in... Physics states that water takes the least resistant path... And so does Biggie... Not to say he wont use power lines , trails, and forest roads... it is all about energy conservation... Consider this, an internal battery, one has to be very cautious of the usage and you sure don't wanna run it down to nothing... Understanding this energy conservation is critical to understanding all of natures creatures, you cannot let your energy get below the level where you cant gather food anymore... That is called starving to death...

Guest Chewie

I don't care what part of this big and beautiful world that you live in... Physics states that water takes the least resistant path... And so does Biggie... Not to say he wont use power lines , trails, and forest roads... it is all about energy conservation... Consider this, an internal battery, one has to be very cautious of the usage and you sure don't wanna run it down to nothing... Understanding this energy conservation is critical to understanding all of natures creatures, you cannot let your energy get below the level where you cant gather food anymore... That is called starving to death...

If they are one the water ways, trails, forest roads, and power lines (I'm not sure how this works. They're not up swinging on these lines are they?) shouldn't a lot more people see them? Cause these are same routes people usually take when hiking, except for the power line route.

Most animals don't stick to trails and forest roads by the way. You may seem them there occasionally but I would think most prefer the cover of the forest.

Guest BFSleuth

If they are one the water ways, trails, forest roads, and power lines (I'm not sure how this works. They're not up swinging on these lines are they?) shouldn't a lot more people see them? Cause these are same routes people usually take when hiking, except for the power line route.

Most animals don't stick to trails and forest roads by the way. You may seem them there occasionally but I would think most prefer the cover of the forest.

I think when traveling through areas that people use, they would travel at night.

Even the widest open field can become a freeway for them under cover of darkness. Not many people go hiking or are using power line right of ways at night. If you start thinking and seeing these corridors within suburban or even quite urban areas you see that the trick is to find spots for good cover in daytime for your sleep. At night the landscape really opens up as far as having the ability to move unseen, when they have dominant perception and skills. Waterways, ravines, wooded lots, power line right of ways, etc. are their corridors for moving through human areas.

There is a population of dozens of deer, coyote, and the occasional cougar or black bear within the city limits of Seattle. They have a range that includes several parks that are scattered up and down the Puget Sound coast. They migrate from park to park at night along beaches and wooded ravines, sometimes through surprisingly urban areas. How many people see them even though so many people are living right next/with them? Not many at all. Most are shocked to see reports that large animals are in the City. They are bedding down during the day in some very dense ravines, when people are about. Traveling at night reduces their chances of being seen.

Add the intelligence of a BF living within environments like this and I can see that it would might be possible to live unseen for the most part.

Guest Chewie

I think when traveling through areas that people use, they would travel at night.

Even the widest open field can become a freeway for them under cover of darkness. Not many people go hiking or are using power line right of ways at night. If you start thinking and seeing these corridors within suburban or even quite urban areas you see that the trick is to find spots for good cover in daytime for your sleep. At night the landscape really opens up as far as having the ability to move unseen, when they have dominant perception and skills. Waterways, ravines, wooded lots, power line right of ways, etc. are their corridors for moving through human areas.

There is a population of dozens of deer, coyote, and the occasional cougar or black bear within the city limits of Seattle. They have a range that includes several parks that are scattered up and down the Puget Sound coast. They migrate from park to park at night along beaches and wooded ravines, sometimes through surprisingly urban areas. How many people see them even though so many people are living right next/with them? Not many at all. Most are shocked to see reports that large animals are in the City. They are bedding down during the day in some very dense ravines, when people are about. Traveling at night reduces their chances of being seen.

Add the intelligence of a BF living within environments like this and I can see that it would might be possible to live unseen for the most part.

So you're saying these are essentially nocturnal creatures?

Guest wild eyed willy

BF doesn't have to be nocturnal when using these powerline trails... It is an open area that would offer a BF a view a good deal into the distance.. I assume they have much better eyesight than we and better hearing so it would be safe enough traveling logging trails and powerlines during the day. If you consider that one would be cautious and looking for minutes possible before entering an open area it makes perfect sence... TooRisky hit the nail on the head with conserving energy, BF is a master of his environment, he lives and functions within it every hour of every day.. Unlike us who spend much of our time in environments we have created for ourselves... We are the least intuned to our environment of all of gods creatures.

Just how much can you take in while traveling at speeds of 40 to 80 MPH down the road... BF walks ( he doesn't miss a thing) We have the radios, cell phone, Ipods and MP3 players blasting in our ears. BF( hears the wind on a calm day) We are so used to being distracted it is amazing we notice anything at all.

While reading a book one day, I walked into a parked Helicopter. ( not a small one either)