Camo - who uses it and which pattern?

wiiawiwb

1 hour ago, Catmandoo said:

Shirley you jest.

Do we refer to you as the Bunster when you wear bunny boots?

I can be a Bunster, but not a Shirley.

1 hour ago, Airdale said:

Norse, I hope to Patton those are ivory grips on your hogleg (or at least Micarta). ;)

Actually I was promoting Cowboy airsoft in that photo! So they are plastic faux wood grips I painted ivory!

8 hours ago, norseman said:

Actually I was promoting Cowboy airsoft in that photo! So they are plastic faux wood grips I painted ivory!

Nice looking piece.   I use the 20 grams most of the time but you can get more accuracy with the 23's.  Moving targets are tough with the heavier ammo. 

5 hours ago, NathanFooter said:

Nice looking piece.   I use the 20 grams most of the time but you can get more accuracy with the 23's.  Moving targets are tough with the heavier ammo. 

Thats why you run full auto! ;)

The absolute best camo originator is sunshine. The shadows it creates makes you invisible (assuming you're stationary and in spotting mode) to most any critter around. On a grey day everything stands out in the woods and movement has the same effect as a flare.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron
21 hours ago, Yuchi1 said:

The absolute best camo originator is sunshine. The shadows it creates makes you invisible (assuming you're stationary and in spotting mode) to most any critter around. On a grey day everything stands out in the woods and movement has the same effect as a flare.

Absolutely.    During my escape and evasion training in the military we had an exercise in which we spent several days traveling to an objective.    We picked a very difficult route along some mountain ridges.    Quite frankly we should not have been up there without some climbing gear.   It was slow going because of the terrain.   As we neared the objective we split up and spread out alone figuring that as individuals we had a better chance of not being detected.      But the instructors knew the objective so simply made a circle around it and waited.     Our objective was to make the objective and evade capture.   I ran into 2 instructors who saw me and started chasing me.   It was a bright sunny day, and I ran around on the back side of a pine tree that had branches down to the ground  and dived under it into the shadows,  stuck my head in the dirt and did not move.   They walked right past me without seeing me.  Anything in the dark shadows is pretty much invisible to a human who's eyes have adapted to bright sunlight.   Making it worse the instructors were wearing sun glasses.    They were so close passing I could have reached out and grabbed a foot.     I wonder how often I have been that close to a BF with its natural camo hiding in the shadows.   

Edited by SWWASAS

14 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

I learned from Clint Eastwood years ago to always come out of the sun.

The baron von Richthofen smiles.