Formations larger than just sticks

Midnight Owl

On a recent day trip back into the river bottom location where I had my first visual sighting several years ago, we discovered three trees stacked into a pattern forming a perfect asterisk.  We could find no holes at or near this location showing where the trees had been pulled up supporting they were moved here from another location.  The other trees in this area were intact showing no wind damage or other weather-related issues.

This area was very secluded, not well traveled and this formation was not in a conspicuous location.  There was substantial effort to make this formation for what ever reasons.  I also found other smaller branches neatly stacked along a fence line for possible future uses?  Maybe??

My question is does anyone have any ideas as to what these deliberate markings are for?  They obviously were not randomly formed. 

The asterisk comes from a 5,000-year-old Sumerian character for “Dingir”.  The symbol for God.

Another from family trees (Imagine that LOL!) during feudal times as a symbol to indicate a date of birth.

Just curious as to the possible significance.  Any ideas on this folks?       

SAM_0196.JPG

SAM_0197.JPG

SAM_0200.JPG

I have never seen one of these “tree signs” by a Sasquatch (at least without me glossing it over by mistake XD) but I have heard these markers are checkpoints for certain destinations, territorial markers for other sasquatches to see, or a warning for humans (this one I doubt less than the two former).

quite a great find in any case. Good idea looking for any other possible evidence not pointing to a hairy man. Heck, it’s a better job I could do at my skill level hehehe.

keep us posted. :)

It is interesting to consider what could have caused the formation and what it means. Though, it does seem safe to eliminate Sumerian cuneiform from the list of possibles.. 

I'm not seeing a perfect asterisk in any of those pics.

Also not seeing any deliberate markings.

Just 3 dead trees.

• 1 month later...
On 5/11/2018 at 0:14 PM, Midnight Owl said:

On a recent day trip back into the river bottom location where I had my first visual sighting several years ago, we discovered three trees stacked into a pattern forming a perfect asterisk.  We could find no holes at or near this location showing where the trees had been pulled up supporting they were moved here from another location.  The other trees in this area were intact showing no wind damage or other weather-related issues.

This area was very secluded, not well traveled and this formation was not in a conspicuous location.  There was substantial effort to make this formation for what ever reasons.  I also found other smaller branches neatly stacked along a fence line for possible future uses?  Maybe??

My question is does anyone have any ideas as to what these deliberate markings are for?  They obviously were not randomly formed. 

The asterisk comes from a 5,000-year-old Sumerian character for “Dingir”.  The symbol for God.

Another from family trees (Imagine that LOL!) during feudal times as a symbol to indicate a date of birth.

Just curious as to the possible significance.  Any ideas on this folks?       

SAM_0196.JPG

SAM_0197.JPG

SAM_0200.JPG

The tree with the root wad attached was placed there. No doubt. Im not a stick structure guy normally and especially with dead fall. But I see no evidence what so ever that the tree in question grew anywhere close to there. So it was moved, I concur.

Could humans be responsible?

Looking at the photo with your foot as a comparison I would say they are small trees. Maybe 9-10 inches in diameter?

BFF Patron

With a structure of three even with no evidence of blowdowns you have to wonder whether similar structures of small size occur with one tree bringing down another.

That said, the sizing of the trees and root wad with no local source is suspect for something or someone getting creative. 

How likely would it be that effort would be made by a human to move these and use as a support structure for a rain-fly or tarp?  

What do the asterisks represent?   Your guess is as good as mine.  Stockpiling of sticks has been documented by other researchers (I have seen several smaller collections of 18 inch branches).  Coincidentally, similar structures were laid out on the ground as asterisks and A-shaped right triangular overlays in and around some of those stacks.  I have seen some creative impalements both small medium and large too.  In one case the representation could be alluded too of a walking biped by the impalement (no higher than 3 ft off the ground as I remember).  In the instances I am recalling it as if a whole mountain drainage was a training ground for these structures as they were endemic from microstructures to large leaning tree size structures arranged around tree bases in vines in precarious ways. 

My guess is these could represent the work of a being with a restless mind more than anything else and a sense of geometry and desire to make something either concrete or abstract as the beholder determines.  What is being represented by the maker is the rub?

Edited by bipedalist

One might think these larger things, especially where there is a root attached that didn't come front the ground underneath it, would be at least something that was manufactured and manufactured by something with thumbs? As in gripping? I would be curious to know if there were sings of dragging or if the members of the structure appeared to more be things that were carried to the location. Assuming of course that the bare root ball isn't the result of a blowdown. Doesn't look like it from the images anyway. Is that a wet area in the background?

One thought is it would be extremely difficult to determine the purpose since one structure doesn't lend to patterning. If there were several over a a large area then maybe something could be interpreted as a reason for the structure? For instance a large circular area where an "outside" half mile or more might indicate territorial intentions? If there is only one structure, however, then maybe it was marked by an odor like perhaps urine? Or set up by a female to indicate she in the area and was ready to mate? You know too much in the way of speculation confuses the issue where determining something specific can only be done at the location itself.

It seems also curious that no one has witnesses these things being "built"? Would a larger structure be a sign of a larger creature depending on the height and size of the structure itself along with the weight of the pieces and how far away they initially were? A high trail cam covering the area is a thought or perhaps placing a recorder in the vicinity? IDK just thinking out loud here and tossing my two rocks into the camp :) 

Edited by hiflier

Actually Ur whole theory holds little water.  The asterisk is derived from the greek asteriskos not sumerian. 

• Upvote 2

Hi Faenor, you may be right about the actual asterisk. The Sumerian symbol according to the Wiki is asterisk- like but if one doesn't like the triangular ends then yeah, it's technically not an asterisk; the second image is a Sumerian disk that some ufologists think represents a cosmic event such as nearby Supernova. If there has been an interpretive deciphering of the disk I am not aware of it:

Sumerian 1.png Sumerian%20Star%201%20006.jpg

I have noted drag marks along the leaves at different times of the year in this area but didn't notice any of these formations.  I wasn't looking for them at the time.  It just puzzles me as to the exact purpose of these structures.  Even though they are young trees, it would take substantial effort to form this.  I would estimate the trees to be 100-200 pounds each.  To locate, carry, maneuver and form them would not be a quick easy task.  For it to be placed in a rural very secluded area that is not likely to be seen by others makes it even more unlikely it is the work of pranksters.  Thanks for all the feedback-great stuff!!

3 hours ago, Midnight Owl said:

I have noted drag marks along the leaves at different times of the year in this area but didn't notice any of these formations.  I wasn't looking for them at the time.  It just puzzles me as to the exact purpose of these structures.  Even though they are young trees, it would take substantial effort to form this.  I would estimate the trees to be 100-200 pounds each.  To locate, carry, maneuver and form them would not be a quick easy task.  For it to be placed in a rural very secluded area that is not likely to be seen by others makes it even more unlikely it is the work of pranksters.  Thanks for all the feedback-great stuff!!

We did it all the time as kids, we built forts and tee pees and tons of other structures with dead wood that four of us could carry.

Im not saying it was kids....Im not there. But when I look for Bigfoot evidence, Im looking for 6” saplings twisted off 8 feet in the air. Something that was created outside the realm of humans. Of course you can never rule out Bear or Moose or Elk.

Something maybe like this norseman?  Same area 8 years before.  Large broken branch from elsewhere-was an older break that didn't match any trees at or near this location.  It was wedged in and through living branches and limbs with a young pliable sapling pulled over and wedged under the broken.  All of this about 12 feet off the ground with nothing to grab or hold onto to do this.  Not impossible with a good step ladder if you wanted to carry it about 3 miles LOL!  Another teaser for me pondering why?

IMG_1694.JPG

I guess Evergreen trees are just more straight forward. I have some Aspen and Birch on my ranch. The trees tend to be short lived and they rot fast. And because they are a bushy tree they tend to turn into a big mess of rotting trunks and branches all entertwined.

I found this tree break on the edge of the Salmo Priest Wilderness very close to British Columbia in NE Washington. Its a healthy young Alpine Fir that has just been twisted off about 7-8 feet above the ground. It was not caused by another tree or any natural occurance. It was twisted off by an animal. Squatch is reported to do this....so I took note. But there is no way to tell if it was a Moose or a Bear or a Caribou, etc.

http://bigfootforums.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=23723

I know that kids or hobos did not do this because there are none up here.

I found it to the north of the switchback off the road to the Salmo lookout.

D3935094-FE24-45B6-95F2-6A73A8F357B1.jpeg

I was up in northeast Oklahoma on the wooded land of a full blood Cherokee tribal member.  It was in a very rural area that was fenced off for livestock.  Not the place people could or would just pass through or hang out.  During my walk up one of the hills laced with steep ravines I came across this interesting tree formations.  One old dead piece from who knows where was tightly wedged into a newer growth fork.  There was a fresh tree break and arches where new tree were pulled over and pinned down.  I couldn't attribute it to any weather related condition.  These items were isolated without any other trees like this around them.   Directional markers???...Maybe...   

SAM_0004.JPG

SAM_0005.JPG

SAM_0006.JPG

SAM_0007.JPG

SAM_0008.JPG

• gigantor featured and unfeatured this topic