Formations larger than just sticks

Midnight Owl

BFF Patron

Not sure of the scale other than you said the rocks weighed 4 or 5 lbs.    Could someone have stacked the wood for a fire and then decided not to light it?    I see a lot of rock stacking in places, but rather than kids,   adults are into that.   Regard it as some sort of art expression.    I have seen some rock stacking I think done by BF.   Mostly because of the really remote areas it was found in.   Rather than art, it seemed to mark a faint game trail.    While the trail would have been obvious in daylight,  I wondered if the stacking was done to define the trail for travel at night. 

It could be swwasas.  What I do know is it took more than just casual effort.  With that, I am curious as to why...what is the payoff here.  

BFF Patron

Since the smaller stuff is in the center that is what made me think of a classic tepee type of campfire start.  I have always thought it would be a real block buster if someone saw a BF using fire.    That would blow a few theories out of the water with regards to what BF is.    There is one or two camp ground reports where BF was in camp after the humans went to bed and fires that were mostly out, flared up as if some fuel was put on them.  Of course,  messing with an existing fire is something a child could do without being able to light one.  

Wasn't it in the 1924 Albert Ostman story that he related the Bigfoot family cooked for him?

BFF Patron

Reading the story again it seems that the prospector made his own fires.  I did not see any reference to the BF making them.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/classics/ostman.htm

If the story is accurate the description of the BF camp might be helpful in looking for similar locations where BF might establish camps.     Limited narrow access providing security,  running water,  and likely not to be found by humans.  

Edited by SWWASAS

On 6/30/2018 at 1:05 PM, dmaker said:

What have YOU ingested?

A bit of knowledge on the the matter of wild animals eating mind altering substances???

http://www.animalcognition.org/2015/05/16/animal-drug-use/

Just b/c you haven't heard of it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen!!  Truth is many times stranger than fiction!

I find the thought intriguing and not out of the realm of possibility at all.

On 6/30/2018 at 10:42 AM, WSA said:

Who is the forum member who saw two BF sitting in the road at a distance from each other, in CO I think? 

Wasn't it Salubrius?

On 6/30/2018 at 8:30 PM, PBeaton said:

I don't see what troubles dmaker so much regardin' mushrooms

He's afraid bigfoot is getting in his stash.

• Upvote 1

Not to get overly didactic here, or over generalize, but those who came of age during a certain epoch in America are increasingly becoming aware that those experiences are legitimate, and offer a fundamentally different perspective on many things that intersect with the study of cryptids...and the world in general. These experiences are easy to poke fun at, and don't translate into words well at all.  Nevertheless, objective neurological evidence supports the validity of these experiences, and the fact they are amazingly consistent between millions of individuals leads one to a conclusion they do represent an objective truth, based on a consistency of subjective and anecdotal evidence. Not unlike some conclusions I've made about BF evidence.  To attempt to explain this to anyone who doesn't share these experiences is completely futile...another parallel between the two subjects.  It just comes down to this: Once you've had your ego smashed and reassembled, you'll not ever be able to discount quite so much of the world as being impossible.There is just no reverse gear on that puppy!   

• Upvote 1

Are you talking about Bigfoot or mushrooms?

sure mushrooms change your perspective I’ve been there many times in my past . But it’s not real. It’s all in your head.

And it’s not something to make light of they have a downside. I have three close friends who spent stays in a psyche ward because of it. One of them never fully recovered.

Do I think bigfeets are out there chewing mushrooms and stacking rocks?

Not a snowball’s chance...

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch
  • Upvote 1

True about the consequences for some with predispositions. Sorry to hear that about your friend.

"You" are all in your head McSquatch...no small thing that. You, and everything else in the known universe too, I might add. Trying to make that distinction dismisses the import of consciousness. Where you are stuck there on trying to decide if BF encounters are real or not, some of us have made the leap towards trying to understand what might be the nature of THEIR consciousness, vs. ours.  I find it a very intriguing thought experiment. You might loosen your grip sometimes and see where it might lead you. I promise you it won't hurt a bit, and your risk of involuntary commitment is negligible. :D      

• Upvote 1

I’m not stuck on whether Bigfoot encounters are real or not.

Im as certain as certain can be that they’re not. 

My days of exploring consciousness woo ended over 20 years ago, but have your fun if that’s what floats your boat.

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch
  • Upvote 1

• gigantor featured and unfeatured this topic