Squatchy McSquatch

Has Mrs. Patterson Ever Made a Public Statement Re the PGF?

SweatyYeti

Squatchy McSquatch wrote:

A second/third hand party on a fb group claims to have spoken to Mrs Patterson over the phone and that the Patterson children are determined to stay uninvolved in the whole thing.

Just sayin’

Interesting....since kitakaze claimed that one of his contacts who gave him significant information regarding the PGF was Roger's son...Clint.

That was kit..."Just sayin' "...  ;)  

Talk is cheap.

Backdoc
BFF Donor

The Q of this thread makes me wonder how many posters on the BFF has talked to or met with Mrs. P?

Obviously Bill Munns must have since he got access to a good copy to make his Digital Copies from as seen on TV.  

She probably would have little to Zero to add to anything PGF related.  I could see some scenario where she might have some films in the attic not related to the PGF but some label appearing on a film canister or box might lead us to some new information on the development.   Maybe some other material in the 'attic' or 'basement' which seems trivial but ends up being helpful. (yes that is all an extreme long shot).

I would guess most skeptics and believers would say "...at least Mrs. Patterson seems to believe her husband."

I keep in mind the film's value has to do with the fact it could be real.   She would have no motivation to say or reveal anything to hurt that golden goose now that Roger is dead.  Most people tend to believe their husband or wife so it shouldn't surprise us if she if no different.

Finally, what happens to the film rights when she dies?

Cotter

Is any money even being made anymore w/regards to the video?  I mean, how much in royalties can be made anymore on it?

Squatchy McSquatch

My reason for this thread all began with Gimlin’s wife, and tales of her being ridiculed/teased both at work and about town.

i’ve never heard of similar things directed at Mrs. Patterson. Then I got to thinking... what do we know about Mrs P — other than she holds the rights to the film?

OkieFoot
BFF Donor

^^

Squatchy,

That's an interesting point about Bob Gimlin's wife getting a lot of ridicule while Roger's wife did not get the same treatment when Roger was really the main guy behind everything and not Bob Gimlin. 

• Upvote 1

Faenor
On 8/14/2018 at 2:17 PM, Cotter said:

Is any money even being made anymore w/regards to the video?  I mean, how much in royalties can be made anymore on it?

10 grand a pop pretty sweet for anyone who isnt incredibly wealthy.  If the truth of the hoax were let out that money is going to dry up real fast.  Everyone loves a mystery no one wants it shoved in their face that they are being lied to or are a fool for believing in a lie.

Cotter

10 grand a pop for what exactly?  (Bob's appearances?) I've heard that number thrown around, but may have missed what it is for.

Backdoc
BFF Donor

I don’t think we really know what was originally made off the PGF in 1967/68.  It’s not like we have a copy of Roger and AL’s tax returns unless it was later part of a civil suit.

Cotter
On 8/16/2018 at 9:28 AM, Cotter said:

10 grand a pop for what exactly?  (Bob's appearances?) I've heard that number thrown around, but may have missed what it is for.

Just want to reiterate this.  How exactly is Mrs P making money?  The film is plastered all over the internet for free (at least the good part is).  So...again...where's the money?

Backdoc
BFF Donor
2 hours ago, Cotter said:

Just want to reiterate this.  How exactly is Mrs P making money?  The film is plastered all over the internet for free (at least the good part is).  So...again...where's the money?

I would imagine if the film appeared in a Discovery-type show or some new Peter Graves Bigfoot Documentary then she would have good cause to demand some $$$ for it.  For regular use, I doubt there is a fee under fair use. Then, even on something not in fair use, there are too many users to even go after a handful.

Cotter

Any idea on how often that would happen?

It was mentioned that she keeps quiet b/c she has some sort of cash-cow......I just don't see it.

SWWASAS

It gets into the realm of Copyright law.    To get anything out of someone else using intellectual property, you have to sue them.   At this point in time, like was pointed out, there are many copies of the Patty sequences floating around.    Now and then we hear about musicians suing each other because of stealing material.    Normally only when someone else, makes money from what you own, is when they get sued.     But nothing is certain when you sue someone.   Lose and you are out the legal fees.   Now and then I am asked why I do not post the BF picture I have.     The reason is that I may use it if I publish a book.    And I don't want some yayhoo claiming he took it before it is published and copyrighted.  The televisions specials that have analyzed the film likely had her permission and may or may not have paid anything to get it.   Someone asked why Mrs P was given a pass and Bob Gimlin's wife did not.    The reason seems pretty obvious.     She became a widow after the film was in circulation and human decency gave her a pass.    Unlike the coasts, people in the interiors are normally nice to each other.  

Backdoc
BFF Donor
1 hour ago, Cotter said:

Any idea on how often that would happen?

It was mentioned that she keeps quiet b/c she has some sort of cash-cow......I just don't see it.

Someone said when Bob H appeared on the show, "Lie Detector" the reason they didn't show the actual PGF when Bob H appeared was so they did not have to pay royalties to Mrs. P.  Don't know if that is true or not but it makes sense.  

Squatchy McSquatch
9 minutes ago, Backdoc said:

Someone said when Bob H appeared on the show, "Lie Detector" the reason they didn't show the actual PGF when Bob H appeared was so they did not have to pay royalties to Mrs. P.  Don't know if that is true or not but it makes sense.  

^^^ @11:05

59 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Someone asked why Mrs P was given a pass and Bob Gimlin's wife did not.    The reason seems pretty obvious.     She became a widow after the film was in circulation and human decency gave her a pass.    Unlike the coasts, people in the interiors are normally nice to each other.  

A fly in your ointment:

Roger died a full 4 years after the PGF. Plenty of time for Patricia to have been the butt of some comments and jokes.Presumably Mrs. Gimlin was embarassed within the immediate time after the PGF release; when it was fresh on everyone's lips and still the talk of the town.

Backdoc
BFF Donor

~~~~~~~~~“ they” said we couldn’t have it because we were talking to you ( Bob H)~~~~~~~~

so who is ‘they?’  Also we have no idea what the rest of the story is here.

obviously the video shows someone has some say on the use of the film which we all agree.

just a guess but when Meldrum, Redman , Nikaris are sitting around the table on a discovery channel like show I would be surprised if they paid 10,000 but prob paid something since the PGF appears.