BobbyO

WA State - Mount Rainier Tree Peaker

BobbyO

I like this personally.

Back story below plus SSR numbers too..

We've got 1,167 Reports from Witnesses describing "Tree Peaking" Locked and Loaded in the Database and 77 from WA State, with 30% of those coming from the WA State South Cascades Geographical Zone.

Back story below :

tree peaker wa.jpg

tree peaker wa 2 (2).jpg

OldMort

a22.jpg

Was this photo actually taken in Washington by the person who wrote the backstory?

Is there anything further that ties this photograph to their alleged sighting?

They make no actual mention of having photographed the creature.

The reason I ask is that the photo looks very similar to another one claimed to have been taken in West Virginia a while back. 

It was discussed here a few months ago.

a21.jpg

Airdale

The story accompanying the photo infers, but does not specifically state, that they took the photo. That said, the photo you posted from WV is higher resolution and the format suggests to me it may have been taken with a "real" camera as opposed to a cell phone. There is actual hair detail visible in the WV photo.

It is one of my frustrations that folks who can afford a snowmobile and often other hi-tech gear neglect to research and purchase a decent camera. It doesn't have to be a DSLR or other large format, just something with a decent optical zoom. The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 in my bag is available for about $500, has a 24X f2.8 Leica zoom lens and can be switched on, focused and a decent auto exposure photo taken before the camera app in a cell phone can be activated. In burst mode it will make about 10 exposures per second, it shoots 4k video and can take 8 mp stills while doing it. It even has a setting in the 4k mode so that it will take several exposures at varying focus points so, barring subject movement, you will have an in-focus image to work with when the photos are downloaded. Rant is over....

• Upvote 1

Patterson-Gimlin

Thanks for sharing on both accounts. I agree the West Virginia photo is much better quality. Strikingly similar poses.

Having said that , Both are very interesting. 

JustCurious

Old Mort, they state it was taken in the Snomish Pass area in Washington on their Facebook page.  They do go on to say that after noticing movement, they backed up and the subject stopped and peeked from the tree at which point they took the picture.  They couldn't get to the exact area the subject was located due to 5 feet of snow blocking them. The Columbia Sasquatch people state they don't claim it IS indeed Sasquatch because it's inconclusive, but thought it interesting enough to post.

I agree with them.  It's interesting, but not conclusive.

Edited by JustCurious
grammar

BobbyO

For clarity's sake the pic was taken close to Chinook Pass which is on the Eastern edge of Mount Rainier National Park.

Doesn't look like the same pic to me to be honest, surely the tree species would be the giveaway that it isn't no ?

joebeelart

Through a bit of fortune, I saw these pictures two days after the clicks were taken.  At least two sets of experienced researchers went to the area, one a week after.  Both vouched for the credibility of the snowmobilers.  The reason the snowmobilers didn't walk or drive to the site was because of a "frozen" creek between themselves and the trees involved. 

Airdale's comment is most interesting.  Perhaps this is "evidence" of a pervasive body type.  A similar form photograph is in Dr. Russ Jone's West Virginia Bigfoot book, The Stone Man.

norseman
1 hour ago, BobbyO said:

For clarity's sake the pic was taken close to Chinook Pass which is on the Eastern edge of Mount Rainier National Park.

Doesn't look like the same pic to me to be honest, surely the tree species would be the giveaway that it isn't no ?

I see Western Red Cedar in the first photo and Douglas Fir.

The second photo indeed looks like hardwoods.....but Im no expert of their tree species back there.

• Upvote 1

OldMort

I never said it was the same pic, only that they are similar.

That's to be expected though isn't it?

Thanks for providing the additional info...

JustCurious
16 hours ago, BobbyO said:

Thanks BobbyO, sometimes my brain just makes things up between one screen and the next. 

I've also noted the tree peeking mentioned in reports.  Are you able to extract information on those reports where the subject is also said to sway or rock back and forth while standing behind the tree?  So for example, of the 1167 reports of tree peeking, 'x' also mention swaying/rocking.

BobbyO

Can't extract that specifically sadly JC although i've read so so many with that description in.

One from Alabama in the last 5 years with a Guy staying in a Marriott (i think it was) near an Air Force Museum or something like that immediately springs to mind..

Edit : My memory does hold for the important stuff you know..;)

http://www.bfro.net/gdb/show_report.asp?id=25559 

hiflier
37 minutes ago, BobbyO said:

Edit : My memory does hold for the important stuff you know..;)

A good thing is it not? I've watched your memory at work often and your retention is truly amazing. But then look at what you do for a living and how you got there! Your hippocampus, while not the size of a real hippo, must be enormous by now :) 

• Upvote 1

WSA

Thanks for that report. One of my old favorites. Redstone Arsenal is a large, large place. The TN valley is a different and diverse ecosystem. Wheeler Wildlife Refuge. Serious country. 

• Upvote 1

JustCurious

Thanks for responding BobbyO.  It's unfortunate that you can't extract that detail information.  The reason I asked is because once upon a time, a long time ago, I contemplated Sasquatch's ability to see at night coupled with the whole infrasound idea.  One possibility I came up with is that Sasquatch uses echolocation like bats.  It could account for the swaying motion. 

I never brought it up for discussion because there was no precedent for humans or other primates using it, but now I see there is more recent research and it IS being used by humans who are blind.  One research study even tested 'free' use of echolocation vs. virtual reality where the head couldn't be moved and found the results when the head didn't move as being less effective.

BobbyO

Thank you Sir..;)

On 5/19/2018 at 2:10 PM, hiflier said:

A good thing is it not? I've watched your memory at work often and your retention is truly amazing. But then look at what you do for a living and how you got there! Your hippocampus, while not the size of a real hippo, must be enormous by now :) 

On 5/19/2018 at 2:10 PM, hiflier said:

8 hours ago, JustCurious said:

Thanks for responding BobbyO.  It's unfortunate that you can't extract that detail information.  The reason I asked is because once upon a time, a long time ago, I contemplated Sasquatch's ability to see at night coupled with the whole infrasound idea.  One possibility I came up with is that Sasquatch uses echolocation like bats.  It could account for the swaying motion. 

I never brought it up for discussion because there was no precedent for humans or other primates using it, but now I see there is more recent research and it IS being used by humans who are blind.  One research study even tested 'free' use of echolocation vs. virtual reality where the head couldn't be moved and found the results when the head didn't move as being less effective.

You know JC, i know for sure there is an ongoing, 10 plus year study going on right now by a US University about the linkage to large African Primate's and Infrasound and i can also tell you that when questioned on it they go completely quiet for whatever reason.

• Upvote 1