The Squatch advantage

Midnight Owl

I think one of the best advantages the Bigfoot/Sasquatch subject has over a substantial number of researchers is the prevalent underestimation of the subject’s level of intelligence and their extraordinary physical abilities.  To assume they can easily be herded, lured and baited like a dumb animal didn’t work for me when I began I my quest for reliable answers.  They were always one or two steps ahead of me. 

To believe that a stranger can enter their forested areas of habitation without detection is a primary mistake that I made early in my field endeavors.  They are born and raised in these places and know it well like the back of their hand.  I eventually learned they know you are there long before you may ever hear a snap, crack, knock, vocal call or tossed rock.  If they perceive you as a threat (i.e. carrying a firearm or large camera equipment, lights etc.) and are furtively sneaking and moving about, you are very likely not going to experience any activity at all.

I discovered by field experience that their Achilles heel is the powerful nature of curiosity.  They can be very, very nosey at times!!  LOL!  If you casually enter an area looking like just a hiker or day packer-something they may see often-and just hang out in one location, they will come to discreetly observe you and try to figure out what you’re up to.  Freely talking and laughing only stokes their curiosity.  Cooking food is even a greater attraction especially if they are down wind from you.    

That doesn’t mean they will come strolling along the roadway or trail to see you.  They will use cover and concealment to perfection.  Usually staying in the second or third level of cover using the openings and gaps to side peek or peer up from foliage.  They may even belly crawl in short grass.  From a distance, it may only look like an unremarkable knot on the side of a tree, a shaded area under the dark canopy of trees or a small knoll in the grass.  Ninjas of the forest who won’t look out of place.   

The first photo I have attached as an example was taken while I was working in central Oklahoma at an oil well site out in the middle of nowhere.  It was miles off the public highway at the end of a controlled company access roadway.  I was in my company truck soaking up the A/C entering work notes that hot summer day.  I wasn’t Squatching, but I knew this was a prime location with wood cover, nearby creeks and food sources.  The only other person there was a bull dozer operator about 200 yards away working on a new well pad, the noise of it could be heard for over a mile.    

At some point I began to sense that distinctive feeling of being watched.  I looked up over the dash and scanned the front perimeter carefully considering the second levels of cover.  As I tuned to my far right, I noticed movement under a canopy of trees about 50-75 yards away but couldn’t make out anything in the dark shaded cover.

I kept looking then turned my head back slightly to the left but kept my eyes cut to the far right.  Bingo, I saw the sneaky Booger raise up then moved to the left behind a higher clump of brush.  He stood there peering at me as I acted like I was interested in something directly in front of my vehicle.  The glare on the front windshield possibly prevented him from seeing I was looking right back at him.  

Without looking down I felt for my camera always keeping my head pointed forward.  I got it turned on and lifted it up using the flip out LED screen to locate the subject, zoomed in the telephoto and snap this picture.  Right after this, they must have realized I had a camera and ducked away and ran. 

The way these subject blends in with the vegetation under the dark canopy and the distance (Telephoto make it look much closer than it is) most people would never notice them. 

The next picture clip is taken from a FLIR scope video I shot earlier this year in southern Kentucky.  I was sitting in a folding chair along a closed access road chatting with several other people.  We were just hanging out and letting the locals draw into us. 

It was a partial, late rising moon night, cool with a few light rain showers. 

The subject in the middle never let more than about a quarter of his face show even in the pitch-dark conditions.  Occasionally his shoulder and head would drift out a bit then vanish back in for a brief time.

The one that appears to be up in the tree on the right is on a sharp rise peering out from behind the side of the tree more openly. 

The last FLIR picture clip was taken last year in southern Missouri.  I watched this subject and at least two more observing us and moving about on a sharp ledge above a creek throwing rocks at other members of our party.  I remained in one location on an opposing rise (30 yards away) partially occluded by a pine tree.

I have found they have problems tracking multiple targets of interest.  They sometimes overlook or forget about someone remaining still with cover if other individuals move around the immediate area.  A sleeper position if you will.

It amazes me how even with dark conditions, these subjects can locate and move around so easily and hardly making a sound.  Their bursts of speed are amazing too.  

I really enjoy sharing this stuff I have been blessed with obtaining with interested people.  I am not trying to offer proof of their existence and don’t care about changing the skeptical public’s mind.  They will believe what they choose to believe.  No harm done!

Be blessed and safe

Midnight Owl                             

Talihina-6-5-12.jpg

Side peekers.jpg

008.jpg

• Upvote 3

Very interesting accounts MO, thanks for sharing.  

Sounds like we need to hide a video recorder in a grill then cook out in the woods lol.   Then we get curiosity on video. Lol

Edited by Twist

There is a connection of some kind between the species and the person experiencing repeat contact. The only people with foolish beliefs on witnessing, tracking, herding, capturing, killing the creatures are newbies and ignorant people on a quest that will fail. The Moneymaker variety is the type on a fools errands. Despite experience in the field he still knows nothing. Repeat contactees are much more likely to learn about the creatures first hand.

Edited by Arvedis

Arvedis, I was told by a habituator that once you are a marked person by them no matter where you go, the locals will know who you are.  I can't definitively state that's absolutely true, but I do know I have had a whole lot of success with contact since my close encounter with a family group who extended their trust in me.

Several months ago, I was camping out with a newbie and I told him they were coming up to the trailer late at night and lightly tapping on the wall where I slept.  I'm sure it sounded like a bit of a stretch to him until he stepped out the side door late one night and a Big Guy sprinted off beside the trailer.  He about crapped in his pants as he came flying back into the trailer screaming something just ran off out there.  I just chuckled and continued to do work on my computer.   Learning about them come in levels if your are sincere and of a pure heart IMO.  That is a very hard pill for some to swallow...  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

There is a connection of some kind between the species and the person experiencing repeat contact. The only people with foolish beliefs on witnessing, tracking, herding, capturing, killing the creatures are newbies and ignorant people on a quest that will fail. The Moneymaker variety is the type on a fools errands. Despite experience in the field he still knows nothing. Repeat contactees are much more likely to learn about the creatures first hand.

The connection boils down to the tactics and methods employed, nothing more.   You can provoke and predict an encounter, it requires an investment into report history, area knowledge, examining their perspective of human activity and lots of time.

The failure is either born from a lack of discipline or thinking of the situation from a single position, the human position.

• Upvote 1

I dont think animals are dumb.

And humans that placed a man on the moon can be herded, lured and baited as well. Nothing is impervious and can have its guard up all of the time.

USMC Riflemen are the best in the biz.....and still can suffer from a lapse in judgement.

Very interesting detailed account. 

A nice story .Thanks for sharing that and the pictures. Effort appreciated. 

6 hours ago, Midnight Owl said:

I have found they have problems tracking multiple targets of interest.  They sometimes overlook or forget about someone remaining still with cover if other individuals move around the immediate area.  A sleeper position if you will.

I have heard this as well from multiple sources.  Tactical geniuses they may be, but clearly math is not their forte.  There are some that think they are simple wood apes.  I disagree with that notion but where they lie between simple wood apes and super intelligent alien creatures is one of the enduring mysteries.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NathanFooter said:

The connection boils down to the tactics and methods employed, nothing more.   You can provoke and predict an encounter, it requires an investment into report history, area knowledge, examining their perspective of human activity and lots of time.

The failure is either born from a lack of discipline or thinking of the situation from a single position, the human position.

The tricky part is determining if it is humans being successful in making contact with Bigfoot or if the creatures allow the interaction. Perhaps they do so out of curiosity with people or some reason  we just guess. Habituating and researching is more than time consuming. It is an obsession.  Yet, that seems to be the only way to get to the point of trust with them so you can observe them more than a few microseconds, no matter tactics,   Thinking like a human I think means we fail to realize it is the BF that wanted the encounter for reasons unknown to us.

3 hours ago, Midnight Owl said:

Arvedis, I was told by a habituator that once you are a marked person by them no matter where you go, the locals will know who you are.  I can't definitively state that's absolutely true, but I do know I have had a whole lot of success with contact since my close encounter with a family group who extended their trust in me.

Several months ago, I was camping out with a newbie and I told him they were coming up to the trailer late at night and lightly tapping on the wall where I slept.  I'm sure it sounded like a bit of a stretch to him until he stepped out the side door late one night and a Big Guy sprinted off beside the trailer.  He about crapped in his pants as he came flying back into the trailer screaming something just ran off out there.  I just chuckled and continued to do work on my computer.   Learning about them come in levels if your are sincere and of a pure heart IMO.  That is a very hard pill for some to swallow...  

The relationship with the "marked" person is worthy of deep level study and does seem valid. The creatures learn the patterns of people by observing them. Then they choose the manner to interact with the persons. Perhaps it is their way of making friends or (my theory), they want to manipulate/nudge/prod that marked person into feeding them. 

Edited by Arvedis

Yes I know well about manipulate, nudge, prod etc.  I was out in the woods near Honobia, Oklahoma with several newbies last year.  We had rocks and broken branches occasionally rain down on us in the immediate area as we were hiking along a rough remote roadway after dark.  I watched one of the newbies, an off duty police officer jump upward a good three feet as a softball sized rock landed about two feet behind him with a loud thud.  I couldn't help but chuckle feeling that if they (BIGFOOT) wanted to they could have easily hit us.  I'm sure they were getting a kick out watching the startled reactions.  I wished I could share the audio and FLIR video of this but I don't have the third party's permission at this point and I will not expose anyone or their voices in a public forum without their permission.  I laugh every time I hear their spontaneous exclamations.     

What I can't figure out is how these objects moved through the thick canopy without knocking into the limbs or leaves and then hit the intended mark.  We had stopped to take a break and two people were sitting and resting against a thick oak tree trunk about three feet in diameter.  Suddenly a broken limb about 4 inches in diameter and about a yard long hit the tree trunk right between these two people with a loud crack.  It then sat there spinning on the ground as it obviously had substantial kinetic energy.  Again it didn't hit anyone!  

How they can do some of the things they can do  truly amazes me.          

9 hours ago, Midnight Owl said:

Been sprinkling little tidbits of my book around here and there. Here's another excerpt:

"Thinking it to be an intelligent creature people have given it some of the capacities that Humans possess whether deserved or not. The term is anthropomorphizing. Some even hold to the belief that the creature can count. It really doesn't matter if it can or can't. It may understand that there's three hogs in the clearing and not two but knowing that doesn't mean it can count. It's really more about assessing attack strategies than anything close to rudimentary math.

"If there are enough members in the team a trap of sorts can be set up. Rig up ahead of time a couple of cameras outside a target tent and hook them to USB ports of two computers inside the tent. The ploy goes like this: For a six man team start by having two members enter a tent. One comes out and two go in which means three are now in the tent. One comes out which leaves two in the tent. Then three go in and two come out. Then one comes out which will again leave two in the tent. This can be done alongside various diversions by outside members away from the tent to distract any observers. The members outside busy themselves with packing and going into various tents and returning and then walking behind tents and then reappearing. In the confusion the two that were left in the tent will turn on the computer in order to monitor the outside but otherwise should go unnoticed. Assemble the team and go noisily into the field to draw attention away from the camp. The trap has now been set."

Edited by hiflier

It does not matter if they know how to count . All they care about is their safety and the way they will protect them selves. I learned this on My second encounter when we were up in Northern Michigan back in 2000 and I went into my tent to sleep and the other two went to the creek for water. One of these creatures stayed behind while the others followed the other two people to the creek now this is only my assumption  of the other two creatures. Now what I am sure of is the one that stayed behind but not sure if it knew that I was in the tent. What that creature did do after the other two leave is raided our camp of food  and left a large rock on a stump. Now I do not think that they do know how to count and I really do not believe that it matters to them on how many of us our there either. When it comes to the forest they have do have the advantage and will out wit us in that arena . Getting something from them is because they allowed it to happen.

SSR Team
16 hours ago, NathanFooter said:

Boom !! ;)

The only thing in this discussion I am not in agreement with is that sasquatch know everything that goes on in their environment. Yes, eventually they do but in the interim hunters in tree stands have sightings. That tells me you can get lucky as they're passing through  and they will have no idea you're there.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

The only thing in this discussion I am not in agreement with is that sasquatch know everything that goes on in their environment. Yes, eventually they do but in the interim hunters in tree stands have sightings. That tells me you can get lucky as they're passing through  and they will have no idea you're there.

Agreed. They are far from perfect otherwise they would not even be on the radar screen.